ADVERTISEMENT

IC Duals Ranked Opponents

More concerned with The Bull’s injury and missing out in Hoagie might hurt even more than originally thought.

I typically catch wind of most things before they hit this board, but this is a surprise to me. I'll take a wait and see approach, but certainly not a good development in my eyes.

You guys sometimes speculate to much let's see how things roll not seeing Bull in the lineup for the duals is not a surprise. we have all pulled weight before it does not mean young is to "small" for 174 by the end of the year on semi full feed young will be a solid 174.

Last edited:
Reactions: pawrestler4life
I typically catch wind of most things before they hit this board, but this is a surprise to me. I'll take a wait and see approach, but certainly not a good development in my eyes.
I hinted yesterday with a post about Young to 165.I said someone will slide into 165

Reactions: TarpHawk
You guys sometimes speculate to much let's see how things roll not seeing Bull in the lineup for the duels is not a surprise. we have all pulled weight before it does not mean young is to "small" for 174 by the end of the year on semi full feed young will be a solid 174.
He weighed between 165.1-173.9 at certs Marinelli and Moody weighed between 174.1-183.9
I'm not sure he will be a solid 174 this year

Reactions: Jackhawk87
He weighed between 165.1-173.9 at certs Marinelli and Moody weighed between 174.1-183.9
I'm not sure he will be a solid 174 this year
Then put me in the camp that says this news sucks. And royally so.

Unless Young thinks he is beating Marinelli for the 165 spot, he should have spent the last 6 months or more becoming the best 174 lber he could be. SMH

Then put me in the camp that says this news sucks. And royally so.

Unless Young thinks he is beating Marinelli for the 165 spot, he should have spent the last 6 months or more becoming the best 174 lber he could be. SMH
Gunther will be the best option at 174 this year.All the cert information can be found at trackwrestling under OPC

Last year were the other IC Dual matches against DI teams on big 10 plus? Can’t remember if there was even another DI team at the duals last year. Just saw that flo will have Buffalo and NDSU matches live. Guess rebroadcast from big 10 plus per their contract. Good news for me as I thought I was going to have to read the results.

Last edited:
You guys sometimes speculate to much let's see how things roll not seeing Bull in the lineup for the duels is not a surprise. we have all pulled weight before it does not mean young is to "small" for 174 by the end of the year on semi full feed young will be a solid 174.

duals

sorry but this bothers me

Reactions: Squarehat
Gunther will be the best option at 174 this year.All the cert information can be found at trackwrestling under OPC
Well with the news of Young coming in closer to 165, yeah, that's probably true. I think that was very much up for debate previously. That said, what irritates me about this is we've seen this stuff play out time and time again.

You always need capable backups, regardless of weight class, but when it appears that wrestler X passes the eye test to be the best option on the team to man a spot either up or down from where they currently are (i.e. stuck behind a multi time All American), and they have an entire off-season for that transformation, they get to the room and they're in the same damn boat they were the year before.

Do guys not want to be starters? Sick of trotting out grinders and undersized guys in multiple spots in our lineup. This is Iowa Wrestling dammit.

On board with that, too ... I'm going to look on the bright side and say at least we have a strong option if AM misses any time. Maybe Young or AMar turns into a true 74 by next year; obviously I have no idea, but I'll pray that one of them grows.

I think everyone thought that's what Young was going to spend the offseason doing. And if he weighs in at 165 it doesn't appear that's happened. Disappointing, if so.

Young seems to be muscled up pretty well, does not look like he was sitting on the couch the whole off season.. The is only so much bulking you can do with a frame sometimes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT