ADVERTISEMENT

If Hill is still the qb then might as well go with rollouts and moving pocket on pass plays

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
Hill is always getting bumped and crowed in the pocket, he throws pretty well on the run and no worse than in the pocket.

I think a lot of his high throws are because he doesnt have room to step into passes. When he is in shotgun he doesnt step back much, maybe coached that way since dropping farther back makes it easier for edge rushers to get to him.

So move the pocket to take him away from half the pass rushers. Come up with some new wrinkles, innovate, at least let us see something new and that the coaches might be trying to get the offense going.

And maybe tell Hill to run it if he can get 4 yards or so

Hill on the run, lol. It's a partial roll out with him playing because his giant ass can't get any further.

Reactions: SKOL
Will just keep running the line plunge from under center and throw short of the sticks from the gun on 3rd down from here on out. Can't figure out how they are not good at this stuff given that it breaks down to about 5 total offense plays. What are they doing at practice?

What Brian Ferentz led offense has used QBs out in space?

He doesn't have it in him.

Watching Hill try to move after play-action is totally cringe-worthy. There is no offensive game plan that will work with him. He is total garbage. Hate saying that about a college kid but it's just the truth. I blame the offensive coaches for stealing him away from a Div II team, where there was a slight chance he'd be successful, and putting him in this position.

Hill could do a backwards tumble while throwing the ball 50 feet in the air on his first step backwards falling over his own foot leading to a game losing pick 6 and probably won’t lose his starting job.

Reactions: win1forthe
If…………ha ha ha ha ha ha. If it wasn’t so sad it would be funny.

Never would I have ever thought this would come out of my mouth.
Petras is way better than HIll. Only the Ferentz boys could accomplish this cluster on O.

I reluctantly agree. Petras chit his pants in pocket and took more sacks, but even with his turf balls or throws into the stands, he was over 50% completion. That said, Petras wasn't able to move the needle either. It is unfair to any QB to have to play in this Iowa offense with the OL suspect, the head coach/OC overmatched, and no WR talent and Freshmen TEs.

It really isn’t the players’ fault, they have a position coach who admitted he knew nothing about coaching the position when he was hired.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Never would I have ever thought this would come out of my mouth.
Petras is way better than HIll. Only the Ferentz boys could accomplish this cluster on O.
It would be a close pillow fight, but yeah there is a reason he had his bags packed for Fordham Football…🙁

Nothing will change unless it is to get worse. If that’s possible. There is zero hope for this offense with the current roster and coaches. Iowa will lose more games this season as teams simply sell out against the run , knowing the forward pass is simply not something Iowa can do.

If Hill is still the qb then might as well go with jellyrolls and hot pockets

...cause he's fat.

I remember when people wanted the same thing from Petras. Bad is bad, there is no curing it.
Agree 100%. Remember, McNamara’s stats were awful too. Granted, he wasn’t 100% physically, but he was still able to throw and move in the pocket.

It’s the system and the coordinator. No individual player is going to make a difference. We need either an injection of much, much better players at all offensive positions outside of TE or we need a new OC. The former isn’t happening. The offense won’t improve significantly until the latter happens.

Nothing will change unless it is to get worse. If that’s possible. There is zero hope for this offense with the current roster and coaches. Iowa will lose more games this season as teams simply sell out against the run , knowing the forward pass is simply not something Iowa can do.
I don't envision how it can get any worse. Our "offense" gained 117 yards in the game. Only 2 of those yards were gained in the second half. It is unwatchable. I feel sorry for the defense and special teams players and their coaches.

There is only one answer to this mess and everyone knows what it is. I’m so happy that the 6-1 people can STFU. Iowa could lose out and I hate that for the players, but love it for every coach involved in that offense. This team should be Kirk’s last team.

Love the guy, but he’s putting his interests before the team now. That’s something he would enforce on his players not to do and yet he is choosing not to see that his actions are not just effecting a single game, but ruining an entire program that he helped build. It’s not stubbornness anymore, it’s selfishness.

Reactions: MVPFAN
Watching the game, I wondered why not roll out a little. Or have RB take a pitch and run outside. But no, we run straight into the line. We did none of this except maybe 1 or 2 times I can remember. Stupid!

Agree 100%. Remember, McNamara’s stats were awful too. Granted, he wasn’t 100% physically, but he was still able to throw and move in the pocket.

It’s the system and the coordinator. No individual player is going to make a difference. We need either an injection of much, much better players at all offensive positions outside of TE or we need a new OC. The former isn’t happening. The offense won’t improve significantly until the latter happens.

A system needs WRs. Not one. Not 2. Several...speedy WRs. that can run routes and can catch. Watch other teams for gods sakes. "IF" we had a QB what good would it do? TE "U" is cute jargon but Iowa's offense is shit because it can't balance. 5 yds and out, 3 yds off tackle is predictable to fans, press, and, oh, defenses. Duh!

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Immobile, inaccurate, and turnover prone.

Yes, but what chance does he or any QB in this system have? Not just the quality or experience of the OL but no creativity, no tempo...no alterations. Hate to beat a dead horse, but no WRs. Have we seen reverses, misdirections, trick plays or anything...anything to get out the GD hole we're in?

Just the same humdrum same-old crap everyone knows is coming. Ferentz isn't 150 years old but he's acting like it. If he's waiting to spring something on someone, it's too late. If this boils down to stubbornness, Goetz needs to pull the plug. Recruiting is the lifeblood of the program and he's ruining it for another several years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT