ADVERTISEMENT

If Hillary Wins, Will Bill Really Run the Show?

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
It isn't all that rare for politicians' wives to take their hubby's job when term limits, or corruption or whatever require hubby to step down. Most of the time people see that as a pretty transparent ploy to keep hubby in power.

Nobody seems to be saying that this time. Why not?

Is it because Hillary is a "real" candidate in her own right?

Is it because people kind of hope its true?

Is it because the GOP is waiting to trot that out if/when it looks like a good idea?

Something else?

Good question. Maybe they aren't saying it because she ran it all the first time. Either way I think you will get a similar leadership experience as the last Clinton team. Lots of policies designed to peal off moderate Rs and break the tea party. Triangulation will be back. In 2028 Rs will be waxing poetically singing Clinton's praises once again and wondering why President Castro is so divisive.

Yes, people are hoping its true.

The problem is, that won't happen. Hillary's ego is too large and I think behind the scenes they pretty much hate each other.

Reactions: unIowa
Yes, people are hoping its true.

The problem is, that won't happen. Hillary's ego is too large and I think behind the scenes they pretty much hate each other.
Yeah, the impression I get is that they parted ways a good while ago. Bill will help her, because he feels he owes it to her, but that's about it.

I mean it would be nice to be wrong about that, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Reactions: sijoint
Did he really run things the first time?

I would be all for another Bill Clinton term but I really hate that bitch Hillary. She is awful in about every sense a human being can be deemed as awful.

Reactions: hawkeye54545
If Hilary gets elected I think Bill will be more active in selling her policies to the American people. I think that will essentially be his job.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Will Bill be bringing another bad to trade deal, and some dot com boom? He won't be able to end Glass Steagall again but I'm sure he can find something else to end.

Clinton and Reagan have kind of gotten puffed up over time.

It is the last time in my childhood life I can remember really being proud of my country.

I am sure Bill will be involved. How much? Who knows. My guess is that he will be in the WH inner circle for all decisions....then going to tap some whenever he can get away

Yeah, the impression I get is that they parted ways a good while ago. Bill will help her, because he feels he owes it to her, but that's about it.

I mean it would be nice to be wrong about that, but I wouldn't bet on it.
I think he will help her but not because he feels he owes it to her but because it will get him back in the spotlight.

There is Bill Clinton the Man and Bill Clinton the Politician.

The Man Bill Clinton still has roving eyes for women who
are not married to him. Like his mentor Jack Kennedy he
will take what he can get when his wife is out of town.

The Politician Bill Clinton is still a policy wonk who enjoys
a good debate about economic issues. He has no expertise
in foreign policy and neither does Hillary.

There is Bill Clinton the Man and Bill Clinton the Politician.

The Man Bill Clinton still has roving eyes for women who
are not married to him. Like his mentor Jack Kennedy he
will take what he can get when his wife is out of town.

The Politician Bill Clinton is still a policy wonk who enjoys
a good debate about economic issues. He has no expertise
in foreign policy and neither does Hillary.

So, a former president of the United States has no foreign policy experience, nor does a former Senator and Secretary of State? It would be interesting to know what you consider to be foreign policy experience, Lute!

Reactions: moral_victory
So, a former president of the United States has no foreign policy experience, nor does a former Senator and Secretary of State? It would be interesting to know what you consider to be foreign policy experience, Lute!

To be fair it doesn't appear Hillary was very good at it. Then again the best foreign policy strategy is to not be involved anywhere near the middle east...ever.

You can't fix what their problems are. A messed up religion rules much of their politics and tribal warfare is what they do and what they have always done.

Cigarette man, I said Bill Clinton had no foreign policy
EXPERTISE. Yes, you are correct he has some
experience, but that is no substitute for expertise.

If Hilary gets elected I think Bill will be more active in selling her policies to the American people. I think that will essentially be his job.

Maybe Foreign Policy would be his role? I do think Hillary, or any woman would face real challenges in dealing with the Middle East or Russia for that matter. They simply will not take advice from, or respect, a woman. It's not their culture.

Maybe Foreign Policy would be his role? I do think Hillary, or any woman would face real challenges in dealing with the Middle East or Russia for that matter. They simply will not take advice from, or respect, a woman. It's not their culture.

It may be handed off to a male secretary of state. Besides I don't think they are really taking advice from us or respecting us as it is.

Besides it would be viewed negatively if the president's spouse was conducting negotiations with foreign nations.

Bill's politically a salesperson. That's what he does. His job will be to hit the road and convince the American people that his wife's ideas are good ones.

Reactions: thewop
Good question. Maybe they aren't saying it because she ran it all the first time. Either way I think you will get a similar leadership experience as the last Clinton team. Lots of policies designed to peal off moderate Rs and break the tea party. Triangulation will be back. In 2028 Rs will be waxing poetically singing Clinton's praises once again and wondering why President Castro is so divisive.
I am wondering if he will still get BJ's in the oval office

Reactions: thewop
It isn't all that rare for politicians' wives to take their hubby's job when term limits, or corruption or whatever require hubby to step down. Most of the time people see that as a pretty transparent ploy to keep hubby in power.

Nobody seems to be saying that this time. Why not?

Is it because Hillary is a "real" candidate in her own right?

Is it because people kind of hope its true?

Is it because the GOP is waiting to trot that out if/when it looks like a good idea?

Something else?
No. Our government has never been ran by just one single person.

Both Clintons know how to play the D.C. game. They know who really runs the show and it is not them.
The last Presidential Cabinet that I can think of that had some power while in office was the Reagan administration and the Bush administration that followed. Those administrations including the Carter administration were full of members who represented the who's who of special interests.

So she told the cabinet to lie about Lewinski?

Hell to the no. The second government tried to tangle and take down big business, is the second that government sealed it's fate. The Clintons are recognizable and superstars in the political world. But they do not whatsoever, have the power that the organizations the represent wield. They are card carrying members of the Council on Foreign Relations. You want to know who runs DC, it's the CFR.

1359737475830.cached.jpg

http://www.cfr.org/about/membership/roster.html?letter=C

Notice in this link from their website, that she's been removed from the list. They often do this when their members are running for office. Cheney feigned his membership during his terms as Vice President. Pay special close attention to what he says at the end of the video.

No wonder you can't see past your chosen associations Natch, you clearly have a one track mind.
Its a good track though. Fun ride, leads to satisfaction town, I always get off safely. Did you want in on this train? You could start in the caboose and work your way up to engineer.

Its a good track though. Fun ride, leads to satisfaction town, I always get off safely. Did you want in on this train? You could start in the caboose and work your way up to engineer.
Keep wishing buddy, this Locomotive only crashes through female tunnels. I'm already the engineer on this train. Do you have any hot female companions you wish to feed me?

Keep wishing buddy, this Locomotive only crashes through female tunnels. I'm already the engineer on this train. Do you have any hot female companions you wish to feed me?
I do have a hot lady friend with a cute BF. Maybe you could cock black him and steal her away so I could get him on my train.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT