ADVERTISEMENT

If the championships get cancelled...

In other words less people than will show up at many large manufacturing facilities every day, throughout the United States.
I agree it's less people, but the people that are there are more spread out geographically. So unless each person that enters Minny is going to be quarantined for 2 weeks, then it is a greater risk.
I'm not saying I agree with canceling it, because I think locking down all aspects of life is mass hysteria and mentally unhealthy, but they tourney posses a far great threat to spread a virus than a handful of confined NBA games without fans.

Either way, it sucks.

Reactions: 24 so far
I’m assuming if it’s cancelled that Iowa will claim the national championship. No different than football before the playoffs, any poll calling you #1 and you tout it.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
The media didn't start any panic. People started getting sick. Do you think what's going on in Colorado and Washington St. was started by the media?

I don’t want to get into politics, but I do believe it was intentionally set. I will leave it at that. Take a wide look at the financial damage it is conflicting on our country, and many others also. Trade wars never end good. As for the virus and it’s fear, as of March 11 4300 deaths were said to have been caused by Coronavirus globally. 10 million lose their lives annually from cancer. If you are a healthy individual to start with, you got a better chance of death getting in your vehicle and running to the grocery store tonight and seeing if there is one more roll of toilet paper on the shelves than death from Coronavirus. Media driven society! They need to call this the toilet paper epidemic.

Literally the same thing as Republicans vs Democratic's. People will bleed that it’s fake news until God Trump tells them otherwise. It’s people taking opinions and calling them facts. I’m sure around 100 years ago Spanish Flu was intentionally let loose also.......Riggggght
Stupid people make up some stupid crap.

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
there are 3.1 hospital beds in the US per 1000 people, and 60% of those are occupied at any given time. Our medical system can’t handle a pandemic, it can hardly handle the flu.

Right now. less than 1% of US cases are in critical condition and the WHO already said the virus is less efficiently transmitted than the flu. It’s a serious situation, but given the response it should be manageable.

From what I’ve read one of the biggest obstacles at the moment is that once it was declared a pandemic, the FDA has to approve testing. Hospitals have developed their own labs tests and are waiting on approval to administer them.

Right now. less than 1% of US cases are in critical condition and the WHO already said the virus is less efficiently transmitted than the flu. It’s a serious situation, but given the response it should be manageable.

From what I’ve read one of the biggest obstacles at the moment is that once it was declared a pandemic, the FDA has to approve testing. Hospitals have developed their own labs tests and are waiting on approval to administer them.

If 30% of the population gets this, and one percent of that is hospitalized we have fewer than one bed remaining per 1000 in the US. And that’s just critical cases. I guess UIHC would need more hallway space!

Cdc ****ed up the first test, the second one is being validated at harvard this week. Then 4-6 weeks of beaurocratic red tape to let those hospitals run those tests. I have a friend in that lab at Harvard and the CDC has ****ed this up 7 ways to sunday.

I agree it's less people, but the people that are there are more spread out geographically. So unless each person that enters Minny is going to be quarantined for 2 weeks, then it is a greater risk.
I'm not saying I agree with canceling it, because I think locking down all aspects of life is mass hysteria and mentally unhealthy, but they tourney posses a far great threat to spread a virus than a handful of confined NBA games without fans.

Either way, it sucks.

There are about a dozen NBA games per day throughout the country and each team had about 20 games left on their schedule. Despite all of that, didn’t they plan to proceed without fans until a player tested positive?

If 30% of the population gets this, and one percent of that is hospitalized we have fewer than one bed remaining per 1000 in the US. And that’s just critical cases. I guess UIHC would need more hallway space!

Cdc ****ed up the first test, the second one is being validated at harvard this week. Then 4-6 weeks of beaurocratic red tape to let those hospitals run those tests. I have a friend in that lab at Harvard and the CDC has ****ed this up 7 ways to sunday.
Well Thank You for that burst of sunshine! ;)

I don't do rap?
One thing not to seek it out. Another to refuse to click a link on a forum that seems to be a joke because of the genre of music. Strange

I mean I'm not into Yodeling but I'd click the link.

Not into Yodeling? Might I recommend Franzl Lang, Dezurik Sisters and Jimmie Rodgers. You’re welcome PBS. ;)

Last edited:
There are about a dozen NBA games per day throughout the country and each team had about 20 games left on their schedule. Despite all of that, didn’t they plan to proceed without fans until a player tested positive?
No, one team, the Warriors had announced they were going to play their remaining games without fans. That was because their county outlawed public crowds of greater than 1000 people.
The NBA was continuing with all their other games last night until they realized one player had tested positive and potentially infected his teammates and all the opposing players he faced in the last week.

The PGA is not canceling. Starting tomorrow, they play with no fans. Although that is not really a sport.
They fought for one extra day! They canceled the following 3 (?) tournaments yesterday, and included The Masters today, though they said that could be played at a later date. Augusta National could pull that off pretty easily at any time I would guess. It is a Major, and many would argue THE Major golf tournament in the world. It is my favorite without question.

They fought for one extra day! They canceled the following 3 (?) tournaments yesterday, and included The Masters today, though they said that could be played at a later date. Augusta National could pull that off pretty easily at any time I would guess. It is a Major, and many would argue THE Major golf tournament in the world. It is my favorite without question.

I have tickets to winged foot. Kinda bummed but get it.

masters will be different. That course is shut in the summer. We may see the masters played in the fall which should be awesome...

Masters is my third favorite major. US Open because a schmuck like me can qualify. British open because its like giant mini golf sometimes.

Do we have a lot of golfers here?

Reactions: wad57
I have tickets to winged foot. Kinda bummed but get it.

masters will be different. That course is shut in the summer. We may see the masters played in the fall which should be awesome...

Masters is my third favorite major. US Open because a schmuck like me can qualify. British open because its like giant mini golf sometimes.

Do we have a lot of golfers here?
I like all the Majors, but the Masters is my favorite. I have attended the U.S. Open, PGA Championship, and the last Ryder Cup at Hazeltine National (I live 3 miles from Hazeltine nowadays).

They had the Women's U.S. Open here last year, and they sent town/city residents little vouchers in the mail for free tickets. I declined, but they didn't do the same for the Ryder Cup tickets! LOL! Go figure huh?

Anyway, we had a great time watching the U.S.A. finally win one of those damn things!

Reactions: wad57

The numbers regarding corona spreading and treatment are not encouraging.

The USA has ~ 1 million hospital beds, and ~ 2/3 are occupied. So that leaves open only ~330,000 beds.

If the USA follows a path similar to Italy, and a small percentage of corona cases require hospitalization, say 5%, the U.S. hospitals will be filled in a matter of weeks, and completely overwhelmed by early May.

This doesn't take into account trying to keep patients in isolation and protecting nurses, doctors and other health care workers.

In the future, we'll hopefully have an effective vaccine, but for this year, it's not good.

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT