ADVERTISEMENT

If Trump loses, who runs for the GOP in 2028?

Does Trump run yet again? If so, how much does the outcome of all of his criminal cases matter?

If Trump loses, but decides to run again in 2028, will he face opposition in the primaries? If so, who would be the candidates running against him?

If Trump loses and decides not to run again, but it's relatively close in the swing states, would Vance run in 2028?

What are the chances we see a Vance v Walz race for POTUS in 2028? I'd think that chance would be extremely small.
Based on Trump’s current age…there’s very little chance that Trump runs again in 2028 (obviously he won’t if he’s the next pres because his 8 year term would be used up). If Trump does win the upcoming election, then I would imagine that VP Vance would be the face of the Republican Party in 2028. However, if Trump loses the upcoming election my uneducated guess would be a free for all including DeSantis, Haley, Rubio, et al to gain control of the highest levels of the Republican Party.

Multiple things in my mind...the apparel, shall we say...costumes. The zeal to speak on his behalf and the joy to be able to vote for him. I mean these people weren't just there to support their guy, they were ALL IN. Various statements made out loud to the effect that indicated a serious sentiment that they thought he was going to fix and solve everything.

I have been in Pentecostal churches that weren't half as energized as the true Trumpers. :) :)

Thanks. I haven't had much personal contact with them. But they seem to be full of joy and community when together at rallies. Yet the content is often apocalyptic and dark. I suppose that's where the savior comes along.

It's uhh, something... Unique for sure

Reactions: McLovin32
As long as he is alive trump will run. Even if he's locked up in a jail cell he will still run. The grift must go on

Reactions: peacehawk
Same. It has become the foundation of their party. I don’t know how they pivot away without conceding the presidency and many swing districts for a decade or more. And if a Trump-lite like Vance steps up…whatever is left of the moderate GOP is toast.
No, the foundation of the Republican Party will continue to be the economy, domestic and national security, and common sense crime policies.

• Haha
No, the foundation of the Republican Party will continue to be the economy, domestic and national security, and common sense crime policies.
Continue? They have common sense crime policies now? They're running a 34 time felon rapist as their POTUS nominee at the moment.

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
When Trump finally dies, this is the interesting question. Trumpism unearthed a really, really ugly American. One that was better left in their cave. Amazingly (and unfortunately) they’re not crawling back in and it looks like they’re here to stay if you play to their ugliness just right. The republicans have sold their souls and latched on to them because they can actually move the needle. Whomever takes the baton from a dead Trump will likely have to lower themselves to appeal to this ugly American. Because if they don’t, someone will.
You mean the “common sense” Americans. 😉 For instance, American citizens who don’t want to see their tax dollars going toward illegal immigrant’s health care, education, and welfare programs; common sense people that want migrants to be vetted b4 entering this country legslly; common sense people that don’t want to see transgenders play in biological women sports; common sense Americans that don’t want to see the DOJ/FBi weaponized against a particular political opponent(s) and/or consider parent’s that want to speak out at school board meetings as terrorists; common sense people that see increasing #’s of homelessness/vagrants as partially a mental heath problem. I could go on…

Continue? They have common sense crime policies now? They're running a 34 time felon rapist as their POTUS nominee at the moment.
Look at any poll…the Republicans are winning on the economy, illegal immigration, and crime in the streets.

• Haha
Does Trump run yet again? If so, how much does the outcome of all of his criminal cases matter?

If Trump loses, but decides to run again in 2028, will he face opposition in the primaries? If so, who would be the candidates running against him?

If Trump loses and decides not to run again, but it's relatively close in the swing states, would Vance run in 2028?

What are the chances we see a Vance v Walz race for POTUS in 2028? I'd think that chance would be extremely small.
Stormy '28

I don't know, man. I could see one of his dipshit sons start to move into the spotlight a bit and see how it goes. Test the waters so to speak.

Do I think one would actually run? I don't really think so. But I also didn't think Trump would still be dominating that party in 2024. Being a stupid asshole and having the last name Trump is good enough w/ the MAGA base to immediately be the favorite over others in the party.

We're living in a weird time right now.
Don Jr. already has that with Vance. Why take on all of the headache when you have all the influence for free?

Look at any poll…the Republicans are winning on the economy, illegal immigration, and crime in the streets.
Ah yes, those crime polls.

Nothing like being tough on crime while overlooking the crimes the dear leader has committed. Almost sounds cultish. Weird.

You mean the “common sense” Americans. 😉 For instance, American citizens who don’t want to see their tax dollars going toward illegal immigrant’s health care, education, and welfare programs; common sense people that want migrants to be vetted b4 entering this country legslly; common sense people that don’t want to see transgenders play in biological women sports; common sense Americans that don’t want to see the DOJ/FBi weaponized against a particular political opponent(s) and/or consider parent’s that want to speak out at school board meetings as terrorists; common sense people that see increasing #’s of homelessness/vagrants as partially a mental heath problem. I could go on…

Almost all that is just policy differences. And if that's all it was I wouldn't consider you trash. Just differences of opinion (although I even agree with some of it). But Trumpism is more than policy. It's numpty hate-filled gullible trash. And since you love Trump, you're numpty hate-filled gullible trash - policy differences or not. Don't worry if this makes you grumpy, we'll never ever hang out IRL because I don't associate with trash so this won't impact you at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT