ADVERTISEMENT

If Kamala loses, will she run for POTUS in 2028?

I made this thread after being wrong about Trump running again after the 2020 election. I knew he was the ultimate narcissist, but never thought he'd risk the shame of losing twice, especially to a clearly diminished Biden. I was also wrong about the level of support he'd get from the Republican voters once he decided to run. I thought DeSantis or Hailey would beat Trump, and wow was I wrong.

I'm not surprised at some posters hijacking the thread, or ignoring the questions, because that's how these things work.
Trump ran again because of the court cases. He wants protection from prosecution. Harris won't have that problem.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
Oh look! Northern is trying to gaslight people into thinking that what Trump said isn't actually what he said again. Do you ever get tired of having to do this on almost a daily basis? It has to be exhausting for you.
When it comes to defending Trump online, Northern has the endurance of a Olympic Kenyan long distance runner

Reactions: BioHawk and nelly02
In my lifetime, Trump is the only loser to come back for seconds.

DeSantis would probably be looking to run this thing up in blue states if GOP Senators would have done their duty and convicted Trump. Instead they overestimated the decency of their base, thinking Trump would be politically dead from natural causes, but we all know how that worked.

And to answer the question, no, it would be hard to imagine Kamala running again in 2028 if she loses this cycle. Parties that aren't cults, don't trot out the same loser again, they move on.

In my lifetime, Trump is the only loser to come back for seconds.

Biden had failed presidential runs in 1984, 1988, and 2008.

Kamala failed in 2020.

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
And they failed. No difference.

They did. The difference is rather significant however. Everyone but one person fails in securing the party nomination. What I was referring - obviously to those who can read and comprehend English - was those who secure their party nomination but fail in the actual election for POTUS. And it remains true, those who lose in that situation, rarely secure their party's nomination to run again. Because they lost, and party's want to win.

Trump is unique - like in many cases - because he failed in 2020 (even if you think it was stolen) because he has a cult following (you included) and an iron grip on the GOP.

You're in a cult. Big difference.

No the party won’t back her. The Dems have a much deeper bench than R’s right now. There’s any number of candidates that would be very strong. The key is forcing the far-left to chill out and fall in line when it comes to rally behind the pick. R’s do that way better than Dems.
It’s easy to get a cult to fall in line. Simplest thing ever.

I made this thread after being wrong about Trump running again after the 2020 election. I knew he was the ultimate narcissist, but never thought he'd risk the shame of losing twice, especially to a clearly diminished Biden. I was also wrong about the level of support he'd get from the Republican voters once he decided to run. I thought DeSantis or Hailey would beat Trump, and wow was I wrong.

I'm not surprised at some posters hijacking the thread, or ignoring the questions, because that's how these things work.
To answer the original question, I don’t think Harris would run again, but I certainly don’t think she’d do very well. No chance Walz would get the VP pick again.
There absolutely is a difference. Many politicians run multiple campaigns to get the ticket nod; it takes years to build up name recognition. Before Trump, when’s the last time a loser of a general election ran in the next race? Teddy Roosevelt?
You have to go back to Stevenson vs Ike…the second time largely because everyone knew Ike would win reelection.

Grover Cleveland in the late 1800s is the only time a POTUS lost reelection, then won a second term for years later.

You need new material, McLovin. I'm just trying to help you here.
I like how they always bring up the “you support a raper”
Are they not doing the same thing supporting Biden and Harris, how many illegals have they let in that are raping and killing. Heck one of these idiots the other day was supporting a transgender born a male, beating up a female. To funny I tell ya.

I like how they always bring up the “you support a raper”
Are they not doing the same thing supporting Biden and Harris, how many illegals have they let in that are raping and killing. Heck one of these idiots the other day was supporting a transgender born a male, beating up a female. To funny I tell ya.
Helpful tip for ya, if you're going to be a smartass don't make stupid errors.

No, she won't run again. She'll go back to CA and be a private citizen. There are a bunch of Dems who are ready to lead if needed in 2028. Whitmer, Shapiro, Newsom, Beshear, Buttigieg... It's a long, talented bench for the Dems.

What would she run on? She’s already take every stance on every issue. Or would she just go back to supporting a fracking ban, getting rid of insurance and defunding the police?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT