ADVERTISEMENT

If you can’t wear a singlet you were never man enough to wrestle anyway

Too often in our (increasingly soft) wrestling world I hear about how allowing youth wrestlers to wear shorts and a compression shirt instead of the traditional singlet would help grow the sport. That doing this would help these snowflakes in middle school overcome their fear of performing with their genitals in full view of their friends, family, and strangers. Well guess what? Maybe it’s not such a good idea to grow the sport if it means attracting cowards, weaklings, and degenerates who don’t have the guts to participate in our sport’s traditions. When I was a teenager me and my brothers and and Dads/cousins (from the other side of the family) would all go down in the basement and wrestle without clothes and without a care in the world. Wearing a singlet was a luxury compared to those basement scraps, but it taught me everything I know about perseverance and overcoming adversity. Singlets are the way wrestlers face their demons, by presenting themselves to the public and never taking “no” for an answer. It’s not popular in today’s politically correct climate but the fact is if you can’t wear a singlet you were never man enough to wrestle anyway.
You do know that singlets were not always the garb in wrestling. Remember tights and bare chests? Anyway lets blame basketball that went from tight short shorts to long loose ones. Maybe blame MJ for that.

You do know that singlets were not always the garb in wrestling. Remember tights and bare chests? Anyway lets blame basketball that went from tight short shorts to long loose ones. Maybe blame MJ for that.
The fab five are widely credited with making baggy shorts the fashion. however the pendulum has swung back. not quite to the tightness of yesteryear, but definitely short

Reactions: WSC72
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT