ADVERTISEMENT

If you had to write a hand written letter

I need to write a sympathy letter to my aunt who isn't on social media. I'm just going to use regular words

Wrote one today, two pages. A thank you letter for some people that did an incredibly thoughtful thing for me Friday.

I typed it out on my PC, to get down what I wanted to write - a final draft so to speak. Then I hand wrote it on paper using my best pen. Took it slow, my writing isn't what it used to be given a slight case of stiff fingers caused by age. But I made it through without a mistake and it turned out great.

my signature looks like a capital cursive E with a squiqly line and a super shitty cursive L with a longer squigly line.

I was told I was no longer required to write in cursive like everyone else in like 4th grade and I haven't since.

I'm not sure if I hand wrote a letter that the recipient could read it. My hand writing is largely illegible.

Reactions: Fan In Black
I am correct handed so anything written is let's just say not great. But I am a big believer in thank you or sympathy letters being handwritten as it shows a level of engagement or thought .

With that said, to answer the question, yes I always send handwritten letters in cursive. The notes/letters are penned by a wonderful woman ( I will send pics next time I see her, she would love the attention) who has been in my employ for 10+ years. The young woman is 70+ and will tell everyone who dares ask, she is a secretary, not a ******* admin asst. Susan writes in perfect male cursive and everyone is receptive to the letters so it seems to work.

Wrote one today, two pages. A thank you letter for some people that did an incredibly thoughtful thing for me Friday.

I typed it out on my PC, to get down what I wanted to write - a final draft so to speak. Then I hand wrote it on paper using my best pen. Took it slow, my writing isn't what it used to be given a slight case of stiff fingers caused by age. But I made it through without a mistake and it turned out great.
I assume you delivered it on horseback? And you must’ve used a fountain pen? If anybody ever did this for me I would never do them a favor again.

I get a really nice email with a thank you from a client about once a week and if it came in the mail I would be mostly annoyed

• Angry
Reactions: Wendy79
would you use cursive? I found a bunch of old letters to me, from back in the 80s, and they are all in cursive. It seems so weird to me now.
I'm out of practice with cursive. When I write in cards I mostly print with a cursive combo in some places.

I assume you delivered it on horseback? And you must’ve used a fountain pen? If anybody ever did this for me I would never do them a favor again.

I get a really nice email with a thank you from a client about once a week and if it came in the mail I would be mostly annoyed
Don’t ever open a letter again. It would really suck for you to be annoyed.

Hand written letters is a lost art.

I can’t even read my own handwriting most days, so I don’t send a lot, but man I love receiving them.

Barring signatures, I haven’t written cursive English for about 30 years.

I have written cursive Russian much more recently and they are far more anal about how to write properly than Westerners are.

I still cursive.
CSB, my oldest daughter corresponds with her only remaining grandparent via written letters. They write each other almost weekly. She holds the pen like a psycho holding a knife, but she writes words somehow.

Barring signatures, I haven’t written cursive English for about 30 years.

I have written cursive Russian much more recently and they are far more anal about how to write properly than Westerners are.
Well you guys ARE losing, so I’m not surprised.

When I send someone a birthday card I always add a line or two in cursive.
If I’m sending a sympathy card or note it would be just crude not to write it out in cursive.
Midwesterners surely are nice people and have similar manners to well brought up Southerners.
And that’s what it is. Manners.

Reactions: seminoleed
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT