ADVERTISEMENT

If you had to write a hand written letter

I'd use my regular handwriting, which is a mishmash of print and cursive.
This. My pure cursive sucks, but “mishmash” is a great way to put it. When I write checks, it’s a mishmash and I do hand write thank yous and it’s usually a mishmash.

Reactions: ping72 and goldmom
I write in block letters, and only use cursive for my signature. That's mostly because I switched to writing with my right hand after having multiple surgeries to my left arm in my early 20's, requiring wearing a cast for extended periods. I don't write fast, and my typing sucks too.

Reactions: cfbfan23
I actually got to make a quick note on a piece of mail I kicked out. Outting myself as a Josh.

295-D8074-28-FD-421-E-9-F7-C-00-EA0-F06987-A.jpg

Reactions: Wendy79
Wrote one today, two pages. A thank you letter for some people that did an incredibly thoughtful thing for me Friday.

I typed it out on my PC, to get down what I wanted to write - a final draft so to speak. Then I hand wrote it on paper using my best pen. Took it slow, my writing isn't what it used to be given a slight case of stiff fingers caused by age. But I made it through without a mistake and it turned out great.

This is what I did last week when I sent a sympathy card, but I just signed my name to the card, typed the short note out on my computer and them trimmed it to fit inside the card. Sure as heck if I wrote inside the card, I would spaz out somewhere and screw it up.

Reactions: bagdropper
This is what I did last week when I sent a sympathy card, but I just signed my name to the card, typed the short note out on my computer and them trimmed it to fit inside the card. Sure as heck if I wrote inside the card, I would spaz out somewhere and screw it up.

Yep, it was nerve wracking to write it all out, for I hadn't done something like that in quite a while - and I no longer keep a printer at home. So I more or less used your concept. It was a card that I signed, but the card itself didn't have the space required no matter how much I shortened the content. So I was stuck (how to create this), and writing it out was the solution. Doing it that way allowed for me to be able to correct a mistake by starting over if need be. Fortunately, I made no mistakes.

What they did for me is amazing (long story, very personal). I felt thanking them in this fashion deserved both the length and format.

Reactions: BGHAWK
I don't write fast, and my typing sucks too.

That's me, as well. Unfortunately, I can't blame it on an injury. Luckily, I can read really really fast.

My thank you note would slowly be written in cursive, but the recipient would have a hard time deciphering it.

When I send someone a birthday card I always add a line or two in cursive.
If I’m sending a sympathy card or note it would be just crude not to write it out in cursive.
Midwesterners surely are nice people and have similar manners to well brought up Southerners.
And that’s what it is. Manners.

What would you recommend for someone who may have arthritis in their hands and thumb joints? Would printing rather than cursive be crude? Would that be bad manners?

I still cursive.
CSB, my oldest daughter corresponds with her only remaining grandparent via written letters. They write each other almost weekly. She holds the pen like a psycho holding a knife, but she writes words somehow.
She left handed? Us lefties are skilled in the art of smudge fighting and sometimes it requires a goofy hold on the pen.

I switch between cursive and printing, sometimes within the same sentence. Don't know why I do it. Used to get in trouble for it at school, kept doing it anyways. I'm doing the work, just read it.

Reactions: Moral
All thru grade school the one stain on my report cards was penmanship. Always a "Satisfactory" or "Needs Improvement"
Once it was no longer required I happily abandoned it. I don't have bad handwriting and I actually did calligraphy as a kid, but could never make cursive look nice.
My oldest kid writes like he's a doctor, my youngest like it's coming out of a printer. Amazing how different kids are.

Our son is an Asperger’s guy on the autism spectrum. His hand writing is frigging atrocious. When I ask him what this or that note he wrote means, he will often shake his head and confess that he cannot read his own writing.
Crazy thing is, when he was introduced to cursive writing, his penmanship gained biggly. It was fairly well done and quite legible. Dunno if it was the continuous motion, lack of pause,… or what.
What kinda sucks is that over time his ability at cursive writing has deteriorated to the previous level of illegibility.

I normally write in cursive so yes. When I have to write things for my elementary aged kids I have to do so in print and I end up switching to cursive on accident here and there.

ADVERTISEMENT