ADVERTISEMENT

If you make it hard for them to watch state championships, they’re going to ask why

Vallholl

HR Legend
Feb 2, 2013
Iowans love high school sports and if you make it hard for them to watch state championships, they’re going to ask why.

Gazette article "Iowa alone in governing boys' and girls' high school sports separately" gets to TV deal. There's a pretty sweet coverage map that explains why nobody in Central / Western Iowa could watch but Chicago could...

http://www.thegazette.com/schools/i...-girls-high-school-sports-separately-20170219

Reactions: SmartAggressive
I watched in Oregon.

The Nelson/Laura finals match was a barn burner, as stated in another thread.

The people of Iowa need to voice their opinion on this. There's some people that need to get fired.

We are talking about teenage freaking kids. High school sports was about the last sport that had some innocence left.

I want to know who sold out? Who can we complain to?

Reactions: SmartAggressive
I wish it was still on IPTV....my own fault for getting rid of cable
Agree on the IPTV..been watching it every year since 1983.. Only missed one since and it was because we had an ice storm that nixed the power. Fortunately I'm in IC and watched last night,but I'd be pissed if my area didn't carry it.

Reactions: BeefHerky
Agree completely. The state finals should be readily accessible to Iowans. This is crazy. I'm all for the free market, etc., but come on. It seems to me that the IHSAA should do what's necessary to make the event readily accessible to Iowans.
They paid Comcast over $700,000 for the deal.Will also include football and basketball.Combine the two associationas and get rid of the ridiculous salaries being paid to BOTH sides.Wont happen though because it makes too much sense.

They paid Comcast over $700,000 for the deal.Will also include football and basketball.Combine the two associationas and get rid of the ridiculous salaries being paid to BOTH sides.Wont happen though because it makes too much sense.
Hey, you blame the Girls Union for the Boys Assn. doing a dumb thing? (Though actually it wasn't the Assn. that got Comcast it was a separate group, given that power by the Assn.)

Agree completely. The state finals should be readily accessible to Iowans. This is crazy. I'm all for the free market, etc., but come on. It seems to me that the IHSAA should do what's necessary to make the event readily accessible to Iowans.
Know what was on Mediacom ch. 22 today? The Indiana state finals!?!?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT