ADVERTISEMENT

Ike's injury-any news

DutchyFunStar

HB MVP
Aug 8, 2014
All the talk is about Ott but anyone hear anything about Ike? I heard ankle but never saw him leave the field and they had no sideline update or shot of him. Anyone have details?

I know he got his ankle rolled near the goal line. Do not know his status as of now.

I saw him after the game celebrating his 21st birthday and he was in a walking boot. That's all the info. I have though.

That used to be a horrible sign; now it's very commonplace for any ankle injury until it's been reevaluated.

I wouldn't read anything into the two deeps in regards to Myers, Boettger, and Daniels because I don't think we will really know if they can go until later in the week.
Like someone said, boots are common place now with ankle sprain injuries to try and stabilize the ankle to help it heal faster.

If we can get past NW with a win despite the injuries, I think we should have many of them back after bye week. Here's hoping anyway. Ike, Boone, Jake, LeShun, and Tevaun hurry back. We're gonna need all of them for the final push. Gonna miss Drew but I'm sure he will provide leadership from the sidelines. The silver lining is the experience the backups are getting. Depth will be better going forward.

High ankle sprain. Similar to Daniels. He will be out a few weeks. Myers has a neck/shoulder stinger and that is a nerve issue so also tricky. I fully anticipate Daniels starting and I hope he doesn't get Beathard killed. I know he's just a Freshman and he's going to be an amazing player but Smoot from Illionois was embarrassing him.

If we can get past NW with a win despite the injuries, I think we should have many of them back after bye week. Here's hoping anyway. Ike, Boone, Jake, LeShun, and Tevaun hurry back. We're gonna need all of them for the final push. Gonna miss Drew but I'm sure he will provide leadership from the sidelines. The silver lining is the experience the backups are getting. Depth will be better going forward.

Looking at the two deeps we'll be starting 3 seniors on defense....Lomax,Meier, and Fisher. 4 seniors on offense....Kreiger Coble, Walsh, Blythe, and Hillyer. Special teams of course has seniors Koehn and Kidd. With Ike, Boone, and LeShun back next year the future looks to be in good hands (if only the schedule was the same LOL.)

Reactions: CAS1949
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT