ADVERTISEMENT

Imagine the outrage...

Joes Place

HR King
Aug 28, 2003
...on Fox News and Pundits, if a Saudi national had killed American servicemen on an American base.

Had this happened under Obama, they'd be asking for his head, and going on and on about Muslim terrorism.

What do we have now? Crickets.

While this certainly isn't Trump's "fault", how he's handling it is just crazy-ham-handed. Administration officials "apologizing" for Saudi Arabia, instead of insisting they issue their own firsthand statements. Instead of holding them to account, and pressuring them to investigate from their end. Instead, they're our "buddies" and just ship us a few mil and it's all good.:eek:

Last edited:
Impeachment hearings would be underway and there would be a lot of yelling from the right about Barack ‘Hussein’ Obama. At least DeSantis has spoken up which I respect but the right doesn’t want this to be a topic.

Impeachment hearings would be underway and there would be a lot of yelling from the right about Barack ‘Hussein’ Obama. At least DeSantis has spoken up which I respect but the right doesn’t want this to be a topic.
You mean like the impeachment hearings we had after the Ft. Hood shootings?

You mean like the impeachment hearings we had after the Ft. Hood shootings?

Aside from the fact I was clearly using hyperbole regarding impeachment hearings, I assume you can see how the situations are vastly different right?

Yeah...I don’t f’ing get the pass that Saudi Arabia gets.

saudilist.jpg

Remember, this appears to not "just be one guy". Early reports are other Saudis were filming it or monitoring it - INSTEAD OF REPORTING HIM to the Americans.

That's very disturbing, if true. And, again, we should be putting max pressure on the Saudis to sort out things from their side, instead of pandering to them. Remember the "nuclear power deal" that's been going on in the background? That Erik Prince was playing middleman on? Kashoggi?

There's weird shit going on with this "Saudi Alliance" here. And it's not looking like America First to me.

Aside from the fact I was clearly using hyperbole regarding impeachment hearings, I assume you can see how the situations are vastly different right?
There are differences, obviously, but not vast differences.

Remember, this appears to not "just be one guy". Early reports are other Saudis were filming it or monitoring it - INSTEAD OF REPORTING HIM to the Americans.

That's very disturbing, if true. And, again, we should be putting max pressure on the Saudis to sort out things from their side, instead of pandering to them. Remember the "nuclear power deal" that's been going on in the background? That Erik Prince was playing middleman on? Kashoggi?

There's weird shit going on with this "Saudi Alliance" here. And it's not looking like America First to me.

The gunman and the people who filmed it also watched propaganda videos of terrorists and mass shooters together in the days leading up to the terrorist attack.

Also:

Last edited:
Reactions: Torg and Joes Place
There are differences, obviously, but not vast differences.

One was an American born member of the US Army and one was a Saudi national who was a member of their military and came here with the sole purpose of commiting a terrorist attack. That is a vast difference in my opinion.

...on Fox News and Pundits, if a Saudi national had killed American servicemen on an American base.

Had this happened under Obama, they'd be asking for his head, and going on and on about Muslim terrorism.

While this certainly isn't Trump's "fault", how he's handling it is just crazy-ham-handed. Administration officials "apologizing" for Saudi Arabia, instead of insisting they issue their own firsthand statements. Instead of holding them to account, and pressuring them to investigate from their end. Instead, they're our "buddies" and just ship us a few mil and it's all good.:eek:

I think you're reaching here. It's an outrage no matter who's POTUS.

Regardless of what is officially said, it was a terrorist attack, plain and simple.

Yeah...I don’t f’ing get the pass that Saudi Arabia gets.

saudilist.jpg
We give Saudi Arabia a pass, and have for decades, because they act as a bulwark against Iran in the Persian Gulf.

The Saudi government didn't recruit the hijackers, Osama bin Laden did. And OBL specifically chose Saudi nationals because he was angry at Saudi Arabia for cooperating with the United States during the 1991 Gulf War and for kicking him out of the country and seizing his assets.

We give Saudi Arabia a pass, and have for decades, because they act as a bulwark against Iran in the Persian Gulf.

The Saudi government didn't recruit the hijackers, Osama bin Laden did. And OBL specifically chose Saudi nationals because he was angry at Saudi Arabia for cooperating with the United States during the 1991 Gulf War and for kicking him out of the country and seizing his assets.

Stop talking sensibly. There's no place for that on HROT.

Reactions: TJ8869
One was an American born member of the US Army and one was a Saudi national who was a member of their military and came here with the sole purpose of commiting a terrorist attack. That is a vast difference in my opinion.
Nidal Hasan is a Muslim. His parents were Palestinian immigrants. He stated that he carried out the attack on American soldiers to prevent them from going to Afghanistan to fight the Taliban.

That's textbook Muslim terrorism, which is the basis of yours and JP's point about the Pensacola shootings.

So...not so vastly different.

Nidal Hasan is a Muslim. His parents were Palestinian immigrants. He stated that he carried out the attack on American soldiers to prevent them from going to Afghanistan to fight the Taliban.

That's textbook Muslim terrorism, which is the basis of yours and JP's point about the Pensacola shootings.

So...not so vastly different.

Their ideologies are likely very similar but that doesn’t mean the situations are. Agree to disagree.

Who should act as a bulwark against Saudi Arabia? It appears to me that the greater terror threat to the United States comes from Saudi Arabia. At any rate, the President, in this case Republican but it could very well be the other way, needs to put some heat to our "friends" in Riyadh. They need a legitimate open investigation into the genesis and acts of this terror cell.

Once again, you make yourself look foolish by commenting without researching. If you had been watching FNC, you would know better.

Now, if you want to rip Trump for his remarks, I'm your wingman.

Once again, you make yourself look foolish by commenting without researching. If you had been watching FNC, you would know better.

Now, if you want to rip Trump for his remarks, I'm your wingman.

LINK where Fox has called for Trump's head, and "outrage" on this happening under his watch. Or accused him of being a Muslim apologist.

TIA

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT