ADVERTISEMENT

In Iowa, Ron DeSantis says 'of course' Kim Reynolds is a possibility for vice president

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said Saturday he would consider Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds as a possible vice president pick.

DeSantis was quick to praise Reynolds throughout his two-day Iowa swing, drawing frequent comparisons between her leadership in Iowa and his tenure in Florida.

That's not a new strategy for the DeSantis campaign — but it took on new weight this weekend, as frontrunner Donald Trump on Monday attacked Reynolds for her decision to remain neutral in the caucuses.

When asked at an Ankeny event whether Reynolds would be a contender for his running mate, DeSantis said, "of course."

"She’s one of the top public servants in America," DeSantis told reporters. "I thought the attacks on her were totally, totally out of hand and totally unnecessary.”

Reynolds told the Des Moines Register in February she wouldn't be interested in being anyone's vice presidential pick.

"I love what we're doing here in Iowa, and hopefully, I continue to make it pretty clear we're not done," Reynolds said. "So I'm going to continue to ask and encourage candidates to come to Iowa, highlight what we're doing here in the state and look for ways that we can continue to keep our national profile rising."

What a power duo for the right!
team america vomit GIF

Just watch the pivot to Turd once RonnyBoy flames out.

So, I saw Assley played a violin or something on stage at some rally this week.

WTF Nothing fires up the base like a violin solo.

Common folk must dig that.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Just watch the pivot to Turd once RonnyBoy flames out.

So, I saw Assley played a violin or something on stage at some rally this week.

WTF Nothing fires up the base like a violin solo.

Common folk must dig that.

Prolly have been sent cease and desist by all musicians not named Ted Nugent, so violin solo was the only option left. That or maybe a tuba solo....

I do wonder if Ron will run out of money or just continue to slide in the #s and fade away.

Reactions: MitchLL
His influencers on x have been hinting at Reynolds since before Ron announced. Not much of a surprise and probably his strategy to win the primary in Iowa and boost his national poll numbers as primary season really starts picking up

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT