ADVERTISEMENT

Kim Reynolds Slams Trump Over New Ad

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Republican Governor of Iowa Kim Reynolds says that former President Donald Trump is "misleading" Iowa voters ahead of the caucus with a campaign ad that shows her endorsing Trump.
"It’s misleading and it’s not fair to Iowans," the governor said Monday night in an interview with Fox News Digital.
The ad shows old clips of Reynolds voicing praise for Trump. Although Reynolds backed the former president in his 2016 and 2020 campaigns and took a neutral position at the beginning of the 2024 campaign cycle, she has endorsed Florida Governor Ron DeSantis for president.

"He was upset with me because I was going to stay neutral at the beginning of the campaign for the first-in-the-nation caucus, which I did for seven months," Reynolds told Fox News and crowds in Bettendorf, Iowa.
Following her DeSantis endorsement, Trump dubbed Reynolds the "worst governor in the country," saying her endorsement "didn’t mean anything" and it was "worthless."
Kim Reynolds Endorses Ron DeSantis at Iowa Rally

Kim Reynolds (L) hosts Ron DeSantis during one of her "Fair-Side Chats" at the Iowa State Fair on August 12, 2023 in Des Moines, IowaChip Somodevilla/Getty Images

"That’s on one hand, and now we look at another hand – he’s using me in a commercial that dates back to 2016 and again [is] misleading Iowans as if I was endorsing him and going back and forth," the governor told Fox News. "In 2016 and 2020 I supported President Trump. I endorsed him. I helped him in the state of Iowa. It's a different day. It’s a different time."
Read More
When asked about Reynolds comment that Trump is "misleading" Iowans by showing them years-old clips of the Hawkeye State governor supporting the former president, Trump Spokesperson Steven Cheung asked Fox News, "is she saying that she lied to voters all those years?"
The Republican Iowa Caucus will kick off the primary election season on January 15.

Republican Governor of Iowa Kim Reynolds says that former President Donald Trump is "misleading" Iowa voters ahead of the caucus with a campaign ad that shows her endorsing Trump.
"It’s misleading and it’s not fair to Iowans," the governor said Monday night in an interview with Fox News Digital.
The ad shows old clips of Reynolds voicing praise for Trump. Although Reynolds backed the former president in his 2016 and 2020 campaigns and took a neutral position at the beginning of the 2024 campaign cycle, she has endorsed Florida Governor Ron DeSantis for president.

"He was upset with me because I was going to stay neutral at the beginning of the campaign for the first-in-the-nation caucus, which I did for seven months," Reynolds told Fox News and crowds in Bettendorf, Iowa.
Following her DeSantis endorsement, Trump dubbed Reynolds the "worst governor in the country," saying her endorsement "didn’t mean anything" and it was "worthless."
Kim Reynolds Endorses Ron DeSantis at Iowa Rally

Kim Reynolds (L) hosts Ron DeSantis during one of her "Fair-Side Chats" at the Iowa State Fair on August 12, 2023 in Des Moines, IowaChip Somodevilla/Getty Images

"That’s on one hand, and now we look at another hand – he’s using me in a commercial that dates back to 2016 and again [is] misleading Iowans as if I was endorsing him and going back and forth," the governor told Fox News. "In 2016 and 2020 I supported President Trump. I endorsed him. I helped him in the state of Iowa. It's a different day. It’s a different time."
Read More
When asked about Reynolds comment that Trump is "misleading" Iowans by showing them years-old clips of the Hawkeye State governor supporting the former president, Trump Spokesperson Steven Cheung asked Fox News, "is she saying that she lied to voters all those years?"
The Republican Iowa Caucus will kick off the primary election season on January 15.

Kim, should just stop talking about this. Trump just owns them. Lock, stock and barrel.

They wont be free until he dies or is incapacitated.

And here's a recent video of her backtracking like a muthaphucka...

My favorite quote:

"But, it's a different time. It's a different circumstances in this state. We are just on a fast decline to the bottom. You know, it's a race to the bottom." ( :31)

Well no shit Kimmie, you've been in charge for a while!

And here's a recent video of her backtracking like a muthaphucka...

My favorite quote:

"But, it's a different time. It's a different circumstances in this state. We are just on a fast decline to the bottom. You know, it's a race to the bottom." ( :31)

Well no shit Kimmie, you've been in charge for a while!

Damn, it's already happening. She's like Nikki Haley. Totally spineless. Dude talks about being a dictator and she calls him great and bold. Fvck this bitch.

Reactions: Tom Paris
As much as i hate Trump, its a great commercial as far as political ads go.

Kinmie can cry all she wants, she will be groveling at Trumps dick after the caucus and he will make her dance.

Last edited:
If I was in her council I would have advised her not to respond to the ad. The voters who are engaged enough to participate in the caucus know that she's endorsed DeSantis and that these clips are from years ago and in a different environment.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
I’m surprised Trump is giving Ernst a pass. He’s starting to turn the screws of Raphael Cruz for not endorsing him

It is a great ad as much as I dislike Trump. I agree, she shouldn’t have responded to this. It will be interesting to see how this progresses with Trump getting the nomination and winning Iowa handily.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT