ADVERTISEMENT

In more "maybe a little racist" news...............

torbee

HR King
Gold Member
Mississippi government tweets it will be closed on MLK day ‘in honor of Robert E Lee’s birthday’
default.gif

DOMINIQUE JACKSON
17 JAN 2019 AT 18:12 ET
On Thursday, the Mississippi government sent out an absurd tweet. The Mississippi Department of Revenue tweeted that they would be closed in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. day and General Robert E. Lee’s birthday.

The tweet has since been deleted, but screenshots were saved. General Robert E. Lee was a Confederate soldier and his birthday is not an official holiday.

The roots of racism run deep in Mississippi and the state has one of the highest incarceration rates among African American in the world according toPrison Policy.

Here's the tweet from those insecure idiots.

9d7108f9-717a-42c3-91d8-cddbb05c2916-screenshot.jpg

"Mississippi and Alabama are the only two states that celebrate Lee's birthday on the same day as Martin Luther King Day. Arkansas separated the holidays in 2017, according to the Associated Press.

Lee was born on Jan. 19, 1807, and his birthday is a holiday in some states. King was born on Jan. 15, 1929, and his birthday is a federal holiday held on the third Monday of January."

I have no idea how any schools in those states get any out of state recruits.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
I'm trying to decide what's dumber...tweeting out idiocy like that about Lee's bDay or this response:

The roots of racism run deep in Mississippi and the state has one of the highest incarceration rates among African American in the world according toPrison Policy.

I'm trying to decide what's dumber...tweeting out idiocy like that about Lee's bDay or this response:

Are you actually so dense that you are not aware that southern law enforcement agencies and judicial systems have systematically oppressed people of color for decades as a way to keep power in mostly white hands?

Here's the tweet from those insecure idiots.

9d7108f9-717a-42c3-91d8-cddbb05c2916-screenshot.jpg

"Mississippi and Alabama are the only two states that celebrate Lee's birthday on the same day as Martin Luther King Day. Arkansas separated the holidays in 2017, according to the Associated Press.

Lee was born on Jan. 19, 1807, and his birthday is a holiday in some states. King was born on Jan. 15, 1929, and his birthday is a federal holiday held on the third Monday of January."

I have no idea how any schools in those states get any out of state recruits.

Lee was born January 19th. The same day we lost Chris Street.

I knew Lee was a traitor and a piece of shit but this coincidence seals it.

Good luck with your pondering.
They ask whether if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound.

@FAUlty Gator's post begs this question: If a person has no brain and they attempt to ponder something, is pondering even possible?

Yes, because e.g. blacks stastically are several times more likely to be in jail for weed than whites despite having the same rate of consumption.

It's also why in Texas a 17-year old black kid will be on death row for homicide during a robbery and a 17-year white kid who shoots up a school outside of Houston, killing multiple people, will only face life.

I can see especially given the history of the South why all that would be confounding to you in understanding such a nebulous statement like the one you just highlighted.

Anything shy of calling it James Earl Ray day should be considered a stretch for Mississippi.

My dad was an electrician and worked with a couple guys from that shithole state who came up to work on some big Des Moines project.

That's exactly what they said on MLK Day. "It's James Earl Ray." My dad got in their face and told them to STFU or take their sorry redneck asses back to their shithole excuse for a state.

I'm told dem good ol boys were pretty quiet the rest of the day.

Reactions: torbee and NoleATL
Yes, because e.g. blacks stastically are several times more likely to be in jail for weed than whites despite having the same rate of consumption.

It's also why in Texas a 17-year old black kid will be on death row for homicide during a robbery and a 17-year white kid who shoots up a school outside of Houston, killing multiple people, will only face life.

I can see especially given the history of the South why all that would be confounding to you in understanding such a nebulous statement like the one you just highlighted.

Or...or...you could wonder where else IN THE WORLD, they have African AMERICANS, and realize how dumb the comment is based on that. Of course, you probably think that Mississippi jailing more Americans than Germany does, really helps some kind of point that it would bolster.

Or...or...you could wonder where else IN THE WORLD, they have African AMERICANS, and realize how dumb the comment is based on that. Of course, you probably think that Mississippi jailing more Americans than Germany does, really helps some kind of point that it would bolster.

giphy.gif

Okay, so you took issue with the wording not the greater context?

If that's what you're getting at, that's a salient point. And you are correct, the latter part is worded poorly. I focused on the content and ignored the egregious stupidity of the wording associating "African Americans" with world demographics probably because I edit so much and look at HROT as a brain "brake."

But you right, homie, I feelz ya on dat.

Are you actually so dense that you are not aware that southern law enforcement agencies and judicial systems have systematically oppressed people of color for decades as a way to keep power in mostly white hands?
hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhahahahah

That's the south for you. When we drive down to see my In-Laws no matter which direction we travel at some point along the interstate we are greeted by a big giant confederate flag right along the side of the highway just to let them blacks know who's in charge here.

Reactions: naturalmwa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT