ADVERTISEMENT

In My Opinion, the GOP Demanding a Secure Border Is Best Thing GOP Has Done In Years

West Dundee Hawkeye

HR All-American
Sep 28, 2003
99% of what the Trumpers/GOP want I disagree with but I agree with the GOP for wanting to secure the border and I want to expand the number of legal immigrants to the USA.

I would be for doubling or even tripling the number of legal immigrants into the USA but it has to be controlled.

Unsecure borders allow drugs like Fentanyl in.
Unsecure borders creates a humanitarian disaster since cities/states can't feed them or shelter them.
Unsecure borders allows criminals in like drug cartels.
Unsecure borders has allowed in young Chinese men of military age.
Unsecure borders is much more of an immediate national security priority than Taiwan, Ukraine or Israel.

By the way, I am all for more aid for Taiwan, Ukraine & Israel but only if the border is secure.

Chinese Entering USA

Chinese people were the fourth-highest nationality, after Venezuelans, Ecuadorians and Haitians, crossing the Darién Gap during the first nine months of this year, according to Panamanian immigration authorities. Chinese migrants using this route fly to Ecuador and then make their way north to the U.S.-Mexico border.

I've said it a million times. If you're serious about illegal immigration, start with their employers in the United States. Workers without legal status are easier to exploit and thus will work for less. Reduce the number of people coming over the border illegally seeking work, and it makes it easier to catch the drug and human traffickers. And security could be at least partially funded by levying prohibitive fines on the employers. But such an approach is not feasible due to Citizens United, so here we are.

I've said it a million times. If you're serious about illegal immigration, start with their employers in the United States. Workers without legal status are easier to exploit and thus will work for less. Reduce the number of people coming over the border illegally seeking work, and it makes it easier to catch the drug and human traffickers. And security could be at least partially funded by levying prohibitive fines on the employers. But such an approach is not feasible due to Citizens United, so here we are.
This is the key component, but the GOP would never take this approach, and we all know why.

It's almost like the GOP should have accepted Obama's offers to compromise to get comprehensive immigration reforms and secure the border.

Or Trump and the GOP should have accepted Pelosi and Schumer's multiple offers of $25bn, $17bn, $9bn, and $8bn to complete a border wall and secure the border.

But the fact is, the GOP doesn't want secure borders or immigration reform. They WANT cheap underground labor for their business owner donors to exploit. And they WANT an unsecured border and illegal immigrants to exploit politically, as Trump himself said when turning down deals with Pelosi, it's "too important an issue for motivating their [Republicans'] base" to actually solve.

Building a wall in Southern Mexico would do more good than one in Northern Mexico as well.

Reactions: lucas80

Good luck with that.

Under-the-table jobs are as plentiful as illegal drugs. No crackdown will stop that.

Guns are an integral part of our Constitution, illegal immigrants are not.
A well regulated militia is part of our Constitution, not the right of any moron who hates his ex wife and brown people to own guns.

• Haha
Reactions: NoWokeBloke
As I mentioned in Ciggy's thread about the Iowa farmer abusing his illegal workers. Kim Reynolds has plenty of tools available to her to combat illegals being employed in Iowa. But, she'd rather grandstand at the border versus keeping Iowans safe. It's why Republicans dropped the Mollie Tibbets murder as an issue.

Put all the bullshit and fear aside, it’s time CONGRESS needs to figure it out and PASS immigration legislation that will work in today’s America. It is NOt the duty of the President to write a new immigration bill. That is the job of Congress. Dems and Repubbers need to sit down, hold their phuquin’ noses and write abs pass new legislation. This was done once before until it was cabbages by Hoyse Republicans backing Junior’s days as PoTYS.

Figure out a path to citizenship, build all the damn fence you think is necessary And figure out who you are gonna shoot and if we throw the bodies back into Mexico or burn them here. What is going on now is not working and gas no phuquing chance if ever working. Congress, do your damn job! Otherwise all y!all shut your mouth and let Biden and Trump and Company EO the border mess forever!

The Constitution is not just a "law", it's the foundation of all American laws.
You're talking "abolishment" to gain some credibility.

No one is suggesting that here.
I specifically mentioned "reform".
As in background checks, sales of certain guns to civilians, red flag laws, etc.

Don't be a fool.

I think that all states should have a law mimicking Arizona's for penalizing employers that knowingly hire illegal immigrants. https://www.tlnt.com/articles/court...-law-penalties-for-using-unauthorized-workers

For the first intentional violation, the employer will be required to terminate all unauthorized workers, file quarterly reports on all new hires for a probationary period of five years, and have its business license suspended for a minimum of 10 days.

A second intentional violation requires the permanent revocation of all business licenses. For knowing and intentional violations, it is considered a second violation if it occurs at the same business location as the first violation, during the employer’s probationary period.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT