ADVERTISEMENT

In the words of John Rambo...

Bohawk

HR All-State
Oct 1, 2001
Overland Park, KS
NOTHING IS OVER!

Obviously we're not winning the west, but things can look up in a hurry.

Defense is damn good. Today's game means nothing for Padilla...impossible situation for him.

Padilla moves to QB1 and Labas moves to QB2. Sew a red hat to Spencer's head and never let him step across the white line again.

Starting tomorrow scheme the O to better fit both QB's with designed roll outs.

Give Padilla a legit body of work and if he can't get it done, move to Labas and let it ride.

Move BF out or to OL coach as soon as season's over.

We are in the game today with a slightly above terrible offense. We are at worst 5-2 on the season.

The biggest shoe finally fell with Petras being pulled. Good things can happen in a hurry. We're not winning the West, but we can certainly save face and have a positive ending to the season.

There is many a slip twixt the cup and the lip. -Tombstone...ie, we're not as far off as it feels at the moment

NOTHING IS OVER!

Defense is damn good. Today's game means nothing for Padilla...impossible situation for him.

Padilla moves to QB1 and Labas moves to QB2. Sew a red hat to Spencer's head and never let him step across the white line again.

Give Padilla a legit body of work and if he can't get it done, move to Labas and let it ride.

We are in the game today with a slightly above terrible offense. We are at worst 5-2 on the season.

The biggest shoe finally fell with Petras being pulled. Good things can happen in a hurry. We're not winning the West, but we can certainly save face and have a positive ending to the season.

There is many a slip twixt the cup and the lip. -Tombstone...ie, we're not as far off as it feels at the moment
I believe he also said, "IF I CAN CHANGE......AND YOUSE CAN CHANGE..........EVERYBODY CAN CHANGE!!!"

And that was right after he defeated the Russians and ended the Cold War.......

sylvester-stallone-tribute-rambo-first-blood-co-star-brian-denne-1215887.jpg

What’s interesting to me is if Iowa can win next week, I believe they could find a way to win every game or lose every game the rest of the way. If somehow, someway this team wins 6 or 7 games and makes a bowl game despite the absolute dumpster fire of an offense - it would actually be impressive. Not impressive in absolute terms, but relative to how the season could unfold given the limited scoring.

And maybe, just maybe this year turns out to be a trough/rebuild year and could still see a path to optimism next year and beyond.

yep, that’s quite a leap of faith I’m taking myself on, but if I remove emotion for a moment (and some logic too given what we saw today), it’s possible and what I’ll continue to hope for.

NOTHING IS OVER!

Great points but what are you going to do when Petras starts the next game? It could happen. I hope not.

It is amazing how Petras can make some really great throws like that zinger short post to Laporta where they ball was on time and on his face mask where it needed to be, led him in stride to split the defense for a nice gain. But so many throws are cringeworthy and I know the right side of Iowa's line just totally whiffed way too many times on pass blocking allowing quick pressure and sacks.

Petras will probably start against NW. He sucks, the line sucks, the receivers suck, the entire offense sucks, period. NW is so bad that we might actually be able to score on them, but I'm sure the offense and captain dip shit and junior will find a way to screw it up. Iowa football is headed into some dark times until these two idiots are gone. I can't believe the number of people that want Brian demoted to coach the line. He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the program, and the line was regressing under his watch to begin with.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Yeah, it's like people keep forgetting that the same big ten west programs that have allowed Iowa fans to have this fake ID confidence over much of the past decade are the ones left on the schedule. Every game is winnable now except maybe Wisconsin since Kirk is that school's little bitch. Let's just savor every last minute of being in the west while it's still around. I think from a W-L standpoint we are going to be really missing those days in the near future

If I remember correctly In the book Col. Troutman kills Rambo
you are correct. he was injured and thought about blowing himself up. then decided to fight to earn an honorable death. Troutman finished him off. For some reason I remembered him blowing himself up.

I’m not convinced Petras won’t start this week
I hope I’m wrong but it feels like Ferentz strategically sent Padilla into a no win situation just so he can ride with Petras for the rest of the season.

I think Petras will start against NW or at the very least he’ll play some in that game.

The fans will boo the poor kid out of the stadium if he plays at all.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
NOTHING IS OVER!

You're damn right it's not over! It's not over until we say it's over! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?! Hell no!!

Last edited:
Petras will probably start against NW. He sucks, the line sucks, the receivers suck, the entire offense sucks, period. NW is so bad that we might actually be able to score on them, but I'm sure the offense and captain dip shit and junior will find a way to screw it up. Iowa football is headed into some dark times until these two idiots are gone. I can't believe the number of people that want Brian demoted to coach the line. He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the program, and the line was regressing under his watch to begin with.
you suck

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT