Whatcha think?

• That's a big drop!

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Meh!

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Meh meh!!

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
It's the amount of unique weather over a period of time that reveals what's going on.

It wouldn't be unusual to have some warm(er) and a record day or two with an el nino year.

But the degree to which this winter has deviated from norm seems unique. I've never seen one this warm. We have a bunch of record days and then what seems to be a record overall season. (warmest winter.... definitely would seem to be warmest February)
It's been great. February is usually the month I start getting major cabin fever, this year I've been active outside more than half the days. I'll take this every February.

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
North America Weather GIF by BBC America
tumblr_pivpl6UIIb1r93t1eo4_400.gif

As long as we can travel, own big homes, vacation homes, boats, and gas guzzlers you can count me as one of the people that are concerned.
So what's your point here? That we shouldn't be allowed to do these things? Only the elites who will always find a way to work around restrictions should?

I think everybody has enjoyed this weather quite a bit.
Not if you are big into ice fishing, snow mobiling, cross country skiing, outdoor skating/hockey (build your own backyard rink or have access to a pond/lake), etc.

I am not too upset that I have already gotten in 3 rounds of golf and it's not even March. I do wish we had a nice, long, deep, sustained winter of 15-25 degree weather with just enough snow to make it scenic. I like winter and look forward to the next mini ice age.

Not if you are big into ice fishing, snow mobiling, cross country skiing, outdoor skating/hockey (build your own backyard rink or have access to a pond/lake), etc.

I am not too upset that I have already gotten in 3 rounds of golf and it's not even March. I do wish we had a nice, long, deep, sustained winter of 15-25 degree weather with just enough snow to make it scenic. I like winter and look forward to the next mini ice age.
I’ve also enjoyed the warmer weather but I know a few people that are bummed they only got to go ice fishing a handful of times.
I also worry about how dry it will be this summer when it’s already dried up in February, don’t think that’s going to end well.
Living by a timber with lots of deer and other critters I’m a little concerned how many ticks are going to be on my dogs and around the house, having a 6 month old also makes that a bit more concerning.

Reactions: torbee and h-hawk
Tomorrow Cedar Rapids is forecast to have a high of 69 and a low of 12.

Still pales in comparison to the record:

Cedar Rapids? Between Mt trashmore and it being oat day, no wonder God is pissed

Reactions: QChawks
Bumpiest winter season I think I ever remember. Miserable flying.
Good to know the pros think the same thing.
I thought i was just having bad luck.
I had a coworker flying a regional into denver today. Guy it said about 30 mins of it were true hell.

Good to know the pros think the same thing.
I thought i was just having bad luck.
I had a coworker flying a regional into denver today. Guy it said about 30 mins of it were true hell.
Ya Denver was really bad at the lower altitudes. Typical

Wall of tornado warnings getting ready to smash Chicago

Just started on a bad head cold/sinuses to welcome this one day freeze, too.

The cherry on top of this shit sundae.

Monday after work was golfing in 70+ degree weather. Tuesday after work was driving to hockey practice in a snowstorm and single digit weather. Best part of all this, the golf course is taking tee times for the weekend starting Friday as the temps will be back near the 70s.

Incredible that it was above 70 when I was done with work yesterday, and 6 when I went to work this morning. Busted out the warmest comforters because we knew the drop would be difficult for the thermostat to adjust to. Wasn’t as noticeable in the house as I thought it would be. But the electronic display in my car didn’t like it at first. Took longer to boot on than normal. Even in colder weather.

Reactions: hawkirugged17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT