ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Purdue canceled

These games this week are meaningless,,,,just another way for those in power to take advantage of these kids for the sake of the almighty dollar.
2 vs 2. 3 vs 3 had a purpose— bragging rights,etc..... Nebraska vs Rutgers?
What the heck is the BIG thinking. My 2 cents......
I just hope none of our guys get hurt - I would definitely like to see some of our young players who are ready for some live reps.

These games this week are meaningless,,,,just another way for those in power to take advantage of these kids for the sake of the almighty dollar.
I just hope none of our guys get hurt - I would definitely like to see some of our young players who are ready for some live reps.

Umm...I'd be willing to guess that if you took a vote, 80% or more of the kids want to play for any of the teams. And in Iowa City, you get the "do you wanna play another home game (such as it is) against Michigan, in prime time?" question. I do understand your point (outside of the 'take advantage' editorial), but games for a lot of teams have been meaningless for quite a few weeks.

OMG be more dramatic. The conference cancelled the season and the players sued the league. STFU with the B1G is taking advantage of the players bs, it's old.

Was Dan Mullen right? Teams benefitting from not playing? Indiana avoids Purdue and Iowa, slips right into the Fiesta.

Yeah, on one hand I hate to punish teams too much for not being able to play, but it seems pretty clear that Indiana is probably the 4th best B1G team now and is benefitting quite a bit from not having to play against us.

At this point I think we should pass on the Michigan game and just stay covid clean for a bowl...

Yeah, would want somebody breaking an ankle doing a back flip!!! Can we stop with the "hoping someone doesn't get hurt playing a physical contact sport" comments?

This. We get it 83.
Yeah, I love the 'ole "Well, I don't see players dropping like flies on the football field, so obviously it's safe for football games to be played in the middle of this pandemic no matter what." Unreal that people still don't get it.

I am just very happy and feel fortunate that the Hawks have been able to have a football season at all, and a rather successful one.

Yeah, I love the 'ole "Well, I don't see players dropping like flies on the football field, so obviously it's safe for football games to be played in the middle of this pandemic no matter what." Unreal that people still don't get it.

I am just very happy and feel fortunate that the Hawks have been able to have a football season at all, and a rather successful one.
That poster is an embarrassment.

• Haha
Reactions: MitchLL and pmtdc
61o-QAbZLsL.jpg

Maybe the B1G knew they weren’t going to play so they scheduled them to play each other so didn’t impact more teams.
I would love to believe this but that would require a level of foresight and common sense that the Big10 has not displayed in any other instance I can think of over the past year.

Reactions: kceasthawk
I have no specific information one way or the other but it wouldn't shock me in the least if Indiana's assessment of the situation is more than a little influenced by the fact that they are almost assured of a NY6 invitation (Fiesta Bowl) if they avoid playing another game. Facing Iowa without their top QB was going to be a massive challenge and, even though they'd be favored against Purdue, losing that game would assuredly drop them out of NY6 consideration.

If IU wouldn't have been leapfrogged by OSU and was "in line" to play NW for the B1G championship this weekend, "cynical me" thinks that they'd be practicing and preparing for a game in Indianapolis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT