ADVERTISEMENT

Inside Pete Buttigieg’s Iowa surge: Loud crowds, strong ground game as he emerges as moderate altern

Hatred? No

Again, I am more qualified. That is scary.

Demonstrate how you are more qualified. Here are his qualifications:

Harvard Graduate
Oxford via Rhodes Scholarship
Three years as a consultant in energy and economic industry
8 years Navy Intelligence Officer
Current rank of Lieutenant; one deployment to Afghanistan
Interned for Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, and Barrack Obama
8 years as mayor of a city with a population of 100,000

Go...

Harvard Graduate

Go...

Over 20 years in govt admim...got grad degrees too...but alas...not a consultant lol

I laughed my ass off when said poster said he is more qualified than Pete. I laughed even more when his qualifications were 20 years in government administration and a couple of degrees.

I would love to watch a debate or philosophical conversation between JR and Pete.

Reactions: ELCHawk and cmanole
I wont vote for a guy that is less qualified to be president than I am

Please tell me your qualifications. Pete is a 3 term Mayor, military veteran who also graduated from Harvard and attended Oxford on a Rhodes scholarship and also has been a policy consultant on a Presidential campaign.

I laughed my ass off when said poster said he is more qualified than Pete. I laughed even more when his qualifications were 20 years in government administration and a couple of degrees.

I would love to watch a debate or philosophical conversation between JR and Pete.

Its more than he has. An energy consultant?

Please tell me your qualifications. Pete is a 3 term Mayor, military veteran who also graduated from Harvard and attended Oxford on a Rhodes scholarship and also has been a policy consultant on a Presidential campaign.

A veteran means nothing. Sorry. Doesnt make him qualified.

Way to answer the question. No, being a veteran in and of itself doesn't make him qualified, but it does add to the resume.

Im not running for president...and he wont be much longer either.

I hate Trump, and people like petey give me little hope Dems will field someone to beat him. Bullock is sooooo much more qualified and cant even get a look.

I'm guessing JR either hates veterans or gays and won't admit it.

My guess is that he has an inferiority complex in regards to either.

I'm guessing JR either hates veterans or gays and won't admit it.

My guess is that he has an inferiority complex in regards to either.

Yeah...that must be it.

Because I know Steve Bullock is more qualified....i hate the gays...I knew there must be a reason. Thanka for enlightening me

Yeah...that must be it.

Because I know Steve Bullock is more qualified....i hate the gays...I knew there must be a reason. Thanka for enlightening me

Well, I don't know why you sit here and claim how much more qualified you are, and then are not able to substantiate your claim.

Leave Bullock out of this. That is a sideways attempt to deflect from your claims about Pete. Simply put, you couldn't intellectually have a 10% chance with Pete. Yet you claim you are more qualified. Hey, you are the one that put it out there. Own it or disown it.

Well, I don't know why you sit here and claim how much more qualified you are, and then are not able to substantiate your claim.

Leave Bullock out of this. That is a sideways attempt to deflect from your claims about Pete. Simply put, you couldn't intellectually have a 10% chance with Pete. Yet you claim you are more qualified. Hey, you are the one that put it out there. Own it or disown it.

Im not gonna dox myself jackass

Pete's ground game is definitely strong. I think it was just last Friday that he had tons of people in downtown Des Moines passing out little trinkets and trash and trying to get people to sign up for stuff. They weren't aggressive, but definitely were doing their job to make eye contact and ask you if you had questions, etc.

I haven't seen anything that coordinated yet this 2020 cycle, so have to give him props for getting his people out in force. I'm not sure if this is happening in other areas or not, but as he gathers momentum he'll certainly get more people willing to help out.

I think he will do well in Iowa and New Hampshire, but not in South Carolina. The black voters don't like him due to social issues as well as the "police problem", which is of course not a problem at all - he wants to enforce laws, which is how it should be.

I want to see Amy on stage with the idiot in chief. THAT would be the thrilla in any venue. He would swallow his tongue before it was over.

Yeah...that must be it.

Bullock seems to be a good candidate from what I know (which I will admit isn't much) but I also need someone that can beat Trump and if Bullock can't make a name for himself in the field of democrats then I don't feel as if he has a chance in a national election.

Harvard Graduate

Go...
Over 20 years in govt admim...got grad degrees too...but alas...not a consultant lol

Well, Jesus H, you got my vote...

Reactions: artradley
Bullock seems to be a good candidate from what I know (which I will admit isn't much) but I also need someone that can beat Trump and if Bullock can't make a name for himself in the field of democrats then I don't feel as if he has a chance in a national election.

Im just frustrated with it all.

I like Pete, but I am just afraid America will not elect a gay in the White House. Can you imagine how many crazy evangelicals will come out from under rocks to vote for Trump because they believe Jesus hates gays (which he doesn't) and homosexual is evil (it is not)? I just feel America is too stupid to elect a gay president.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I like Pete, but I am just afraid America will not elect a gay in the White House. Can you imagine how many crazy evangelicals will come out from under rocks to vote for Trump because they believe Jesus hates gays (which he doesn't) and homosexual is evil (it is not)? I just feel America is too stupid to elect a gay president.

I don't know. I think Trump's pretty much maxed out on the Evangelicals who don't really follow Christ's teachings and would more likely throw their money to the Jerry Falwells of the world. I share your concern, but don't thinks it's nearly the drawback that it would have been in the past. Support for gay marriage has only been growing over the last few years, and is even stronger in the younger generations as the older ones die off. Time will tell, I guess.

Sure, and let’s pretend they wouldn't screech “baby killer” at every single possible nominee.

This would be a silly hill for them do die on because one of the things the right has going for it is the backlash to I’m offended/woke culture, being offended by the gay doesn’t really offer much of a counterattack.

Reactions: artradley

Anyone so bigoted that they won’t vote for a gay would never vote for any Democrat. The GOP, and Trump particularly, have completely wrapped up the bigot vote.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Anyone so bigoted that they won’t vote for a gay would never vote for any Democrat. The GOP, and Trump particularly, have completely wrapped up the bigot vote.

Don’t underestimate the 50M bigots who attend Catholic church every Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT