ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa’s infant mortality rate went up from 3.99 per 1,000 births in 2021 to 5.20 per 1,000 births in 2022

First of all, are we saying a 6 week ban that started a month ago affected the IMR from 2 years ago?

Second, look at that rate. 3rd best among the list you provided. Going the wrong direction though. Certainly.

Rural pre-natal clinics and l&d facilities have been shuttered for the last couple of years in Iowa. Over 1/2 of rural U.S. hospitals don’t offer l&d services. As of July 2024, it’s 62% in Iowa. At least 41 Iowa hospitals have shuttered l&d services since 2000.

That will only continue to accelerate as OB/GYNs opt to practice in other states.

My point is that the 6-week abortion ban will not help with these trends.

How was I outed? Lmfao yes
Your claim of being Harvard "educated" because you took an online class. My guess is you didn't pass but that's beside the point. Akin to someone claiming to be in finance because they bought something.

You're a fraud.

Your claim of being Harvard "educated" because you took an online class. My guess is you didn't pass but that's beside the point. Akin to someone claiming to be in finance because they bought something.

You're a fraud.
No way bro, it was 16 weeks and I got my certificate :) it even has my name next to Harvard on it. Jelly?

You said I was outed when I myself said what my course was before lmfao just jealous my education is better than yours.
You're so stupid you don't realize you've been outed yet again. You are no more Harvard "educated" than a patient in a hospital is a doctor.

You're a complete fraud and a liar.

You're so stupid you don't realize you've been outed yet again. You are no more Harvard "educated" than a patient in a hospital is a doctor.

You're a complete fraud and a liar.
That's entirely incorrect. You're shrieking this am is more autistic in nature than normal. Are you OK?

No way bro, it was 16 weeks and I got my certificate :) it even has my name next to Harvard on it. Jelly?

images

You guys have a problem with comprehension. These numbers are obviously going in the wrong direction but if other states are worse then it's not as bad is it?
What’s the number of dead Iowa infants we need to get to so we don’t bother your “pro-life” ass with? Give us an acceptable number to you. You lifers are everything we say. Save the fetus. Starve the child.

I do think Reynolds has overplayed her hand after her 2022 victory. She handled Covid so well with getting businesses open and schools back in session but then went crazy with her voucher scam and defunding the AEAs. I don’t think she will run in 2026 as I think she’s gearing up for a Senate run, but she will lose to Rob Sand if she does decide to run again for Governor.
Agree that she is perhaps “gearing up” for a Senate run, but don’t think she would lose to Rob Sand in the governor’s race.

What specifically?

OB/GYNs want every available option to support the health of the mother - and their fetus. Abortion is health care in some cases. Sorry if that doesn’t align to your moral view but it’s a medical necessity at times.

Doctors are scientists and want to practice their craft and provide care to their patients. By restricting what’s in their tool kit, you jeopardize patient outcome.

Doctors will also opt to not practice in states that regulate the level of care they are allowed to deliver. It’s partly driven by ego and also a practical response for people who have trudged through a grueling academic cycle to get to where they are. States will abortion restrictions will continue to lose medical practitioners - and that puts moms and their fetuses at risk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Paris
I do think Reynolds has overplayed her hand after her 2022 victory. She handled Covid so well with getting businesses open and schools back in session but then went crazy with her voucher scam and defunding the AEAs. I don’t think she will run in 2026 as I think she’s gearing up for a Senate run, but she will lose to Rob Sand if she does decide to run again for Governor.
Yeah she knows she has no chance of staying in power here.........

Jesus Christ. OB/GYNs want every tool in their arsenal available to them - both because they are scientists and curious about human biology, but they also want to save lives.

Abortion is healthcare. You don’t agree with it - and that’s your prerogative. But OB/GYNs want to practice medicine. And Iowa has now taken that away.

So when the lack of pre-natal care continues to decline in Iowa, you can scratch your head and blame vaccine mandates and an increase in minority populations. But it’s gonna be the lack of OB/GYNs and properly staffed pre-natal clinics in Iowa that’s the driver.
We basically agree to a point but it isnt only health care. Im guessing you are fat and avoid that reason.

We basically agree to a point but it isnt only health care. Im guessing you are fat and avoid that reason.

Nice personal attacks. I see you don’t want to debate but engage in name calling.

But who is to decide what is health care and what isn’t? The same government that forced mask and vaccines mandates on you?

What specifically?
Most ob gyns dont abort and would never except to save a life. Ignorant and wrong.

Also most everyone in iowa has abortion access within 2 hours so I dont buy that reason. Ignorant and wrong.

Iowa has also been falling short in education which is a big issue in this. Ignorant of the cause of decline.

Iowa and the US lost a lot of experienced nurses due to the vax mandates. Ignorant and wrong.

Doctors do very little in most births. Ignorant and wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT