ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa 17th in the USA Today Coaches Poll

Is Pitt on probation? They're only loss came on a 57 yd fg and not a single vote. They haven't beaten anybody but still...

Reactions: SotaHawk87
Win at Evanston and no loss during BYE week probably scoots Iowa into that 10-12 range!

Iowa is also #17 in AP with NW at #20. A couple interesting games next week with Iowa in Evanston and MSU stopping by Ann Arbor.

Still don't know anything about this team other than they're fighters and play hard. Wish there were a good team or two in the B1G West.

I'm wondering if the Illinois SID just keeps voting for them simply to keep their name relevant. They've been receiving a vote for several weeks now, not just after their win over Nebraska.

Houston could easily be ranked and if they keep winning, they will be.

Yes, Iowa is the lowest ranked unbeaten from a P5 conference. Though several of the 1-loss teams ahead of us have been established in the rankings for a much longer period of time.

On a somewhat-related note, it's kinda funny how now Stanford is back up there in the rankings, at #16, ahead of both Iowa and Northwestern. Guess what you do in week one doesn't matter that much.

I also think Michigan State should've dropped a little further after struggling against Rutgers. LSU may not have much of a passing offense (and they haven't since the late 2000s), but Fournette would make Sparty's defense look silly.

I'm wondering if the Illinois SID just keeps voting for them simply to keep their name relevant. They've been receiving a vote for several weeks now, not just after their win over Nebraska.

Houston could easily be ranked and if they keep winning, they will be.

Yes, Iowa is the lowest ranked unbeaten from a P5 conference. Though several of the 1-loss teams ahead of us have been established in the rankings for a much longer period of time.

On a somewhat-related note, it's kinda funny how now Stanford is back up there in the rankings, at #16, ahead of both Iowa and Northwestern. Guess what you do in week one doesn't matter that much.

I also think Michigan State should've dropped a little further after struggling against Rutgers. LSU may not have much of a passing offense (and they haven't since the late 2000s), but Fournette would make Sparty's defense look silly.
Noticed Stanford too. Makes no sense, same record as nw but lost to them, and wins aren't as good as nws.

Noticed Stanford too. Makes no sense, same record as nw but lost to them, and wins aren't as good as nws.

And NW being behind Boise State makes no sense either. Boise State lost to BYU and played no one else in their other wins. BYU of course got crushed by Michigan who also crushed Northwestern in their only loss.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT