ADVERTISEMENT

IOWA #7 in the Nation in Longest Active NCAA Tournament Streaks (4 years). Longest Streak in Program History is 5 years

I like Tom Davis a lot. He has mentioned how hard it is to make a run in the NCAA Tournament because all of the teams are good and each time you win a game your next opponent is better than the previous.

And if you have an off shooting day/night? You're done and your season is over, just like that.

So don’t construct a team that can only live and die by their shooting percentage, and even then it’s not always enough to win.

This should be obvious.

people seem to have forgotten that we went 7 straight years without an NCAA Tournament appearance

2007: Alford
2008-2010: Lick
2011-2013: Fran
th

I definitely agree. I hope Riley makes a jump for next season like many big men their first 2 years and Fran can get some serious credit about developing players. he's been underwhelming but has flashes once in awhile. Plus he's a likable kid.

as someone mentioned above, I wish they had extended invitations in 2020 so that 2020 counted and, as a result, Fran officially tied the all time program record of 5 straight NCAA Tournament appearances

Reactions: Bishop1971
Nice consistency. I have to give Fran credit for that.

I'd like to recite some lyrics that always come to mind when I think of Iowa hoops (and to a large degree, Iowa Football as well):

"Jerry was a race car driver
He drove so goddamn fast
He never did win no checkered flags
But he never did come in last"

Maybe one day Fran will figure out how to have some success in March.

Seems to me that some other teams are including the covid year to complete their string of tournament appearances.

March 1, 2024 Confirmation:

July 18, 2023 Update:

The tweet that follows was missing Tennessee so this is the current active streak:

Kansas 33
Michigan State 25
Gonzaga 24
Purdue 8
Houston 5
Tennessee 5
Iowa 4
Colgate 4
Baylor 4

March 12, 2023 Update:

Iowa now is #7 in the Nation in longest active March Madness steaks as a result of North Carolina, Villanova, Michigan, Virginia Tech, Ohio State and Texas Tech not making the 2023 NCAA Tournament. Wisconsin and LSU also did not make the Big Dance.

Just lipstick on a turd.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT