Friday, November 15
9:00 PMUCLA at WashingtonFOX
Friday, November 22
8:00 PMPurdue at Michigan St.FOX
Friday, November 29
8:00 PMUtah at UCFFOX
Friday, December 6
8:00 PMMountain West ChampionshipFOX

West Coast game....... 9:00 late start....... on a Friday........ not sure who put this together but it's in no way favorable for the Hawks.

Rutgers has that beat.

8pm game vs USC at USC on a Friday. (Meaning it's an 11pm start for the fans back in NJ) 🤦‍♀️

Fortunately this is one of the games MrScrew & I picked to travel to. Folks back in NJ will be seeking watch game Pajama parties....

Trap game.
Play Wis prior sat in huge rivalry game..then play 6 days later on West Coast at nite?
Yikes.
Then they have 15 days off before MD game on road then another short week leading to black Friday?
Seems designed to sabotage Hawks season. Yuck.
If there's anything that's more overblown in my opinion in college sports, it's start times. These are 18-27 year old kids (I think the Miami tight end is skewing this), they can handle it.

The traffic should be horrible if fans wanted to get to the game by 6PM. Many would be starting in rush hour traffic.

Reactions: LukaDuka
West Coast game....... 9:00 late start....... on a Friday........ not sure who put this together but it's in no way favorable for the Hawks.
No shit, I hope the hawks have this game coming off of a bye week otherwise they are flying out there on a thursday after a game on Saturday. And then playing a late night game.

2024 FOX COLLEGE FOOTBALL FRIDAY SCHEDULE
(All Times ET)​
Friday, September 13Network
8:00 PMArizona at K-StateFOX
Friday, September 20
8:00 PMIllinois at NebraskaFOX
Friday, September 27
8:00 PMWashington at RutgersFOX
Friday, October 4
9:00 PMMichigan St. at OregonFOX
Friday, October 11
8:00 PMNorthwestern at MarylandFOX
Friday, October 18
8:00 PMOregon at PurdueFOX
Friday, October 25
11:00 PMRutgers at USCFOX
Friday, November 8
9:00 PMIowa at UCLAFOX
Friday, November 15
9:00 PMUCLA at WashingtonFOX
Friday, November 22
8:00 PMPurdue at Michigan St.FOX
Friday, November 29
8:00 PMUtah at UCFFOX
Friday, December 6
8:00 PMMountain West ChampionshipFOX
Piss on Friday night games. Another garbage decision by conference leadership.

This is true but it works both ways. I'm sure the west coast teams are going to get stuck at 11AM a few times this season as well.

Reactions: DEMGR
Sweet! Working a gig in Studio City and Burbank October through the first of the year. Definitely hitting the Rose Bowl that Friday night!!
Last time I saw clips of a night game out there, that time of year. the stands were pretty bare....that because of temp? More Hawk fans than home team?

Solar Shizzle
By your powers combined, we are Solar Shizzle!
14G1zS.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BirdistheWord
I live 25 miles from the Rose Bowl. I'm not a big fan of going to live games/would rather watch at home but I may have to check this one out.
My son lives in LA, and my wife and I were planning on visiting and going to the game with him. But, unfortunately, he has a job. He usually gets off work at 7 p.m., so a 6 p.m. kickoff on Friday night is, well, not exactly ideal. And he's in the TV and film industry, so taking the day off isn't usually an option.

And for those in the LA area who have jobs that only last til 5 p.m., good luck.

And then Friday games in general eliminate most of the tailgating and other activities generally associated with the pageantry of major college football Saturdays.

Playing on a holiday Friday, as Iowa does vs. Nebraska, is fine. Most people have the holiday off, and it's really no different than a Saturday. But a random Friday game . . . nope. Not good.

My son lives in LA, and my wife and I were planning on visiting and going to the game with him. But, unfortunately, he has a job. He usually gets off work at 7 p.m., so a 6 p.m. kickoff on Friday night is, well, not exactly ideal. And he's in the TV and film industry, so taking the day off isn't usually an option.

And for those in the LA area who have jobs that only last til 5 p.m., good luck.

And then Friday games in general eliminate most of the tailgating and other activities generally associated with the pageantry of major college football Saturdays.

Playing on a holiday Friday, as Iowa does vs. Nebraska, is fine. Most people have the holiday off, and it's really no different than a Saturday. But a random Friday game . . . nope. Not good.
Yup, those trying to go better start their drive a bit early because that traffic in Westwood and surrounding area is absolutely horrid!

Reactions: hawkdave007
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT