ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Democrats call for oversight hearings into sports betting investigation

Then why did they allow the charges to go forward?

And why in the world would they allow charges to go forward without knowing the background of the investigation?
enough of this crap Northern - given what's come out the past two weeks, should the legislature look into this? why or why not?

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
This is where I come down on things.

I detest mobs. Whether they be J6 mobs, summer of 2020 mobs or internet mobs.

We have limited information in this case with one side not commenting because of the ongoing cases.

Why is that so preposterous to you?

Because you have spent the last two weeks saying, with respect to the AG and other higher ups, that we don’t have all the facts, but when it comes to the two democrat prosecutors, you downshift into “they should have known about the illegal use of a geofence” without all the facts.

Seems to me you are applying a double standard.

And why do I think it is preposterous? I have yet to see one warrant or investigation file sent to a prosecutor that says, oh by the way, we obtained all this evidence illegally.

Because you have spent the last two weeks saying, with respect to the AG and other higher ups, that we don’t have all the facts, but when it comes to the two democrat prosecutors, you downshift into “they should have known about the illegal use of a geofence” without all the facts.

Seems to me you are applying a double standard.

And why do I think it is preposterous? I have yet to see one warrant or investigation file sent to a prosecutor that says, oh by the way, we obtained all this evidence illegally.

Why did you just fabricate a quote and attribute it to me?

And how do you know the geofence was illegal or that evidence was illegally obtained? We need to wait for the courts to weigh in on this.

This is where I come down on things.

I detest mobs. Whether they be J6 mobs, summer of 2020 mobs or internet mobs.

We have limited information in this case with one side not commenting because of the ongoing cases.

Internet mob? LOL

And the limited information sure didn’t stop you from laying it all on the shoulders of two democratic prosecutors.

Internet mob? LOL

And the limited information sure didn’t stop you from laying it all on the shoulders of two democratic prosecutors.

I haven't asserted any wrongdoing on anyone, including the county attorneys. In fact I'm the most fair minded poster on this subject.

I bring up the prosecutors and their role because of what appears to be an effort by some to question the governor and AG while not even mentioning the offices who actually were responsible for the charges.

I haven't asserted any wrongdoing on anyone, including the county attorneys. In fact I'm the most fair minded poster on this subject.

I bring up the prosecutors and their role because of what appears to be an effort by some to question the governor and AG while not even mentioning the offices who actually were responsible for the charges.

So in none of your statements below were you blaming the two democratic prosecutors.

Got it.

You’ve officially moved into Lone Clone how-could-any-person-think-I-was-saying-that territory.

Then why did they allow the charges to go forward?

It's part of a prosecutors job to make their "kosher" before charging.

Charges were filed in two counties, both offices of which are elected Democrats.

My point is simple. If, and I emphasize if, there were legal errors in the investigation, then the offices responsible for accepting the cases for prosecution, should make sure that everything is legal.

And why in the world would they allow charges to go forward without knowing the background of the investigation?

So in none of your statements below were you blaming the two democratic prosecutors.

Got it.

You’ve officially moved into Lone Clone how-could-any-person-think-I-was-saying-that territory.

My third paragraph makes it quite clear.

My point is simple. If, and I emphasize if, there were legal errors in the investigation, then the offices responsible for accepting the cases for prosecution, should make sure that everything is legal.

LOL. In that sentence and the others you are blaming the two prosecutors for not making sure everything was legal when the fact of the geofence just came out and as the result of a separate lawsuit — and after the charging decision.

Stop being obtuse.

Reactions: hawkbirch
Northern - not blaming the prosecutors:

“It's part of a prosecutors job to make their "kosher" before charging.”

More Northern - not blaming the prosecutors:

“And why in the world would they allow charges to go forward without knowing the background of the investigation?”

LOL. In that sentence and the others you are blaming the two prosecutors for not making sure everything was legal when the fact of the geofence just came out and as the result of a separate lawsuit — and after the charging decision.

Stop being obtuse.

I'm not blaming anyone. I haven't once asserted that the geofence was illegal. That's for the courts to decide.

Northern - not blaming the prosecutors:

“It's part of a prosecutors job to make their "kosher" before charging.”

More Northern - not blaming the prosecutors:

“And why in the world would they allow charges to go forward without knowing the background of the investigation?”

All of this is correct.

Well, it seems that's what was being asked for. But since we are talking about a government violation of rights it should be the justice department who does the investigating, right? Preferably one that isn't involved in the actual case? I don't know if DCI is part of the Iowa justice department or not but you would want an independent party to do the investigating.

Well, it seems that's what was being asked for. But since we are talking about a government violation of rights it should be the justice department who does the investigating, right? Preferably one that isn't involved in the actual case? I don't know if DCI is part of the Iowa justice department or not but you would want an independent party to do the investigating.
And since Rob Sand has had his duties legislatively redefined, as a former state’s prosecutor and attorney, as well as the State’s Auditor we can’t use him! (Plus, as a Democrat, he might find some stuff!)

Legal errors? Is that what we are calling breaking the law now?

I will be shocked if Kim and the GOP driven legislature bulks at any attempts for full disclosure and oversight!
Just remember how when questioned about the efficiency of privatized MedicAid Kim came up firing the numbers almost before the request was ever made?
You all know Reynolds is all about open and honest government!
No worry here, Iowans…I am sure Kim has Mr. Sand on this one too.
Bird has bulked up, to date Kimmy has not, but it is coming.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT