ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa football the next 5 years

Originally posted by ThatsFootball:

Originally posted by BuddyRydell:

You can say it, no one will think bad of you. Just say it, "I am wrong". You can do it.
All you have to do is read.
It's humerous that you don't know anything about public relations and how these politics work.
roll.r191677.gif

You're reaching Matt. Please go ask Nebraska fans (or anyone following the situation) why he was fired.

Care to take a stab at my Fran case study?
I'm sorry your self-esteem is so low that admitting you're wrong is nearly impossible for you. I've heard that it can destroy the whole psyche of someone like you.
Why would we ask anyone but the person who fired him and the person being fired? What would anyone else know about it?
Eichorst made it very clear in his statement the reason for the termination, and Pelini made it very clear in his statement to his players. What is so difficult for you?
People that believe what AD's, politicians, etc. put out in press releases show a truly sad level of naivete and lack of understanding of the world around them. I sincerely feel for you. '

Fran's situation has nothing in common with Bo. There is nothing to study. If you would read, you would understand that.
Yes Matt, I can read. I'm starting to wonder if you can.

Eichorst said he fired Pelini after assessing the "totality" of the program's performance - on and off the field. But it didn't take long for Eichorst, in the midst of his subsequent press conference at Memorial Stadium, to get to his core reason for dismissing a coach who'd won at least nine games in all seven of his seasons at Nebraska.

It's a reason that will be familiar to fans, boosters and observers who have followed Nebraska in the Pelini era: When the Huskers had to win a big game against a top team, they too often lost, many times by a large margin.

"I didn't see enough improvement in areas that were important for us to move forward and play championship-caliber football," Eichorst said. "We just - for whatever reason - weren't good enough in the games that mattered, against championship-caliber-quality opponents. I didn't see that changing at the end of the day."

Since joining the Big Ten Conference in 2011, Nebraska is 4-9 against opponents ranked in the Associated Press top 25. NU lost eight of those nine games by double digits. In Nebraska's lone appearance in the Big Ten championship game, it suffered a traumatic 70-31 loss to Wisconsin.

That's the same school where Eichorst spent six years as an athletic department administrator. The same school that throttled Nebraska 59-24 on Nov. 15. The same school that has won or shared three Big Ten titles since 2010 and plays for a fourth Saturday.

In the end, Pelini simply wasn't able to break a drought of seasons without even a conference championship that has now reached 15 years at Nebraska - a major source of frustration for a passionate fan base that had grown accustomed to seeing decades of conference and national championship football.

"Although we did win a bunch of games, we didn't win the games that mattered the most," Eichorst said. "We gave Coach ample time, ample resources and ample support to get that done, and now we're headed in a different direction."

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/husker-a-d-shawn-eichorst-makes-mission-clear-fires-bo/article_a09b6452-78a9-11e4-833b-83cc4adda631.html

As for your refusal to contrast your statements on Fran's situation, I am not surprised.

Ok, I don't know who Matt is and you can keep changing the argument all you want, but my original post that you attacked stands affirmed by the evidence. The truth never comes out until the SHTF. I stated that there is normally underlying reasons besides wins and loses that coaches are fired and stated that underlying reason was Bo's behavior. You asked me where I came up with this.....I produced DIRECT quotes from the AD stating verbatim just that, so what are you arguing about?

1HWQIPa.gif

DID YOU GET THE PART ABOUT PRESS RELEASES I SPOKE OF, oh unsophisticated, foolish one? Did you just crawl out from under a rock on a Geico commercial? You do know that Iraq DIDN'T have WMD's even though press release after press release said they did, right. I feel bad for you. The worlds a confusing place for you, isn't it?
You're boring me now and all the emoticons you can find aren't going to help your failed argument.

You can say it, no one will think bad of you. Just say it, "I am wrong". You can do it.
It's humerous that you don't know anything about public relations and how these politics work.
roll.r191677.gif

You're reaching Matt. Please go ask Nebraska fans (or anyone following the situation) why he was fired.

I'm sorry your self-esteem is so low that admitting you're wrong is nearly impossible for you. I've heard that it can destroy the whole psyche of someone like you.
Why would we ask anyone but the person who fired him and the person being fired? What would anyone else know about it?
Eichorst made it very clear in his statement the reason for the termination, and Pelini made it very clear in his statement to his players. What is so difficult for you?
People that believe what AD's, politicians, etc. put out in press releases show a truly sad level of naivete and lack of understanding of the world around them. I sincerely feel for you. '

Fran's situation has nothing in common with Bo. There is nothing to study. If you would read, you would understand that.

Eichorst said he fired Pelini after assessing the "totality" of the program's performance - on and off the field. But it didn't take long for Eichorst, in the midst of his subsequent press conference at Memorial Stadium, to get to his core reason for dismissing a coach who'd won at least nine games in all seven of his seasons at Nebraska.

It's a reason that will be familiar to fans, boosters and observers who have followed Nebraska in the Pelini era: When the Huskers had to win a big game against a top team, they too often lost, many times by a large margin.

"I didn't see enough improvement in areas that were important for us to move forward and play championship-caliber football," Eichorst said. "We just - for whatever reason - weren't good enough in the games that mattered, against championship-caliber-quality opponents. I didn't see that changing at the end of the day."

Since joining the Big Ten Conference in 2011, Nebraska is 4-9 against opponents ranked in the Associated Press top 25. NU lost eight of those nine games by double digits. In Nebraska's lone appearance in the Big Ten championship game, it suffered a traumatic 70-31 loss to Wisconsin.

That's the same school where Eichorst spent six years as an athletic department administrator. The same school that throttled Nebraska 59-24 on Nov. 15. The same school that has won or shared three Big Ten titles since 2010 and plays for a fourth Saturday.

In the end, Pelini simply wasn't able to break a drought of seasons without even a conference championship that has now reached 15 years at Nebraska - a major source of frustration for a passionate fan base that had grown accustomed to seeing decades of conference and national championship football.

"Although we did win a bunch of games, we didn't win the games that mattered the most," Eichorst said. "We gave Coach ample time, ample resources and ample support to get that done, and now we're headed in a different direction."

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/husker-a-d-shawn-eichorst-makes-mission-clear-fires-bo/article_a09b6452-78a9-11e4-833b-83cc4adda631.html

As for your refusal to contrast your statements on Fran's situation, I am not surprised.

1) Ok, I don't know who Matt is and you can keep changing the argument all you want, but my original post that you attacked stands affirmed by the evidence. The truth never comes out until the SHTF. 2) I stated that there is normally underlying reasons besides wins and loses that coaches are fired and stated that underlying reason was Bo's behavior. You asked me where I came up with this.....I produced DIRECT quotes from the AD stating verbatim just that, so what are you arguing about?

1HWQIPa.gif

3) DID YOU GET THE PART ABOUT PRESS RELEASES I SPOKE OF, oh unsophisticated, foolish one? Did you just crawl out from under a rock on a Geico commercial? You do know that Iraq DIDN'T have WMD's even though press release after press release said they did, right. I feel bad for you. The worlds a confusing place for you, isn't it?
You're boring me now and all the emoticons you can find aren't going to help your failed argument.
1) Right, sounds good Foley. What happened to that handle by the way? I had you ignored so if I missed your "final" tirade where you vowed not to come back, or better yet, missed the final post that somehow got you banned I will be pretty disappointed.

2) I agree, although I and most other posters are aware that the underlying reasons are mostly brushed aside unless the coach isn't winning, or unless it is something major like Tressel or Bobby Petrino. Bo certainly wasn't fired because of his behavior. Especially considering he was fired after one of his better behavioral seasons at Nebraska. The AD stated first a foremost his reasons for letting Bo go, which wasn't winning big games, and after Bo called him a **** to the players, you heard about the behavior reasons.

3) See Matt, here you returned to your former self and make it too easy for us to identify you.

roll.r191677.gif

1) Ok, I don't know who Matt is and you can keep changing the argument all you want, but my original post that you attacked stands affirmed by the evidence. The truth never comes out until the SHTF. 2) I stated that there is normally underlying reasons besides wins and loses that coaches are fired and stated that underlying reason was Bo's behavior. You asked me where I came up with this.....I produced DIRECT quotes from the AD stating verbatim just that, so what are you arguing about?

1HWQIPa.gif

3) DID YOU GET THE PART ABOUT PRESS RELEASES I SPOKE OF, oh unsophisticated, foolish one? Did you just crawl out from under a rock on a Geico commercial? You do know that Iraq DIDN'T have WMD's even though press release after press release said they did, right. I feel bad for you. The worlds a confusing place for you, isn't it?
1) Right, sounds good Foley. What happened to that handle by the way? I had you ignored so if I missed your "final" tirade where you vowed not to come back, or better yet, missed the final post that somehow got you banned I will be pretty disappointed.

2) I agree, although I and most other posters are aware that the underlying reasons are mostly brushed aside unless the coach isn't winning, or unless it is something major like Tressel or Bobby Petrino. Bo certainly wasn't fired because of his behavior. Especially considering he was fired after one of his better behavioral seasons at Nebraska. The AD stated first a foremost his reasons for letting Bo go, which wasn't winning big games, and after Bo called him a **** to the players, you heard about the behavior reasons.

3) See Matt, here you returned to your former self and make it too easy for us to identify you.

You are aware of little, especially the Foley thing. Now you speaking for other posters so you don't have to be a 'lonesome loser'?
Good day sir. You are going on ignore as there is no point in listening to you, for facts and logic are foreign concepts to you.

You are aware of little, especially the Foley thing. Now you speaking for other posters so you don't have to be a 'lonesome loser'?
Good day sir. You are going on ignore as there is no point in listening to you, for facts and logic are foreign concepts to you.
roll.r191677.gif

You don't know this Matt Foley we speak of?

From the Coach Kaz thread:

Originally posted by hknation:

Originally posted by IO-wuh:
Apparently instant karma for him involved knocking his wife right in the face. Just a pure waste of humanity.

Thank god they got the Iowa part in there. Surprised they didn't give his middle school or Pop Warner team as well, as they are equally as relevant as Iowa.
I think he did coach pop warner with Mattyfoley, lol.

Glad you're back posting Matt. That didn't take long.

This post was edited on 3/31 4:50 PM by ThatsFootball

Oh, this is the same guy as that foley dweeb? Figures.

I thought you guys got a new short bus to fit some of the new arrivals, but it's just the same rotating cast of idiot? Yes, singular. This guy is nuts.

If Pelini were going to be fired for conduct reasons, it would have happened in either of the two previous years. It would have been done FOR CAUSE. Do you know what that means, son? It means the university could have paid Pelini ZERO dollars remaining on his contract. And it would have been legally valid, at that time, had they done so.

You know nothing about how university sports and football in general work, son.

Ferentz has made the decisions that have led to the position he finds him self in.

He choose to hire a temporary yes man at offensive co to set his son up for the job rather than turning the reigns over to real offensive mind with a fresh approach.

He choose the low risk low reward strategy of playing safe guys that he liked that "do a nice job" vs more talented ones that he didn't like but have more potential to score points.

Those were selfish decisions IMO, or at the least very out of touch.

He has no one to blame but himself.

Originally posted by BigRedFlood:
Oh, this is the same guy as that foley dweeb? Figures.

I thought you guys got a new short bus to fit some of the new arrivals, but it's just the same rotating cast of idiot? Yes, singular. This guy is nuts.

If Pelini were going to be fired for conduct reasons, it would have happened in either of the two previous years. It would have been done FOR CAUSE. Do you know what that means, son? It means the university could have paid Pelini ZERO dollars remaining on his contract. And it would have been legally valid, at that time, had they done so.

You know nothing about how university sports and football in general work, son.

. Everyone has you on ignore on your own board, so you post over here to show everyone what an ignoramus looks like? I am not Foley and I am not your son. From your posting style, I can almost assure you that you are younger than I am. Most that are insensitive to people with special needs are young narcissists.

No one said he was fired for conduct. They might have liked to, but you obviously know nothing about the law, contracts, and cause. The expense of the ensuing lawsuit to prove cause would run just as much as the buyout, drag on for quite awhile, and be a distraction and an embarassment to the university. Go back to your site, if you're welcomed, and try convince the simpletons there that you now anything of the world, because it is clear to me and others that you are a vainglorious blowhard.

Now you're just making yourself look (even more) foolish, Foley.

I'd back away from the computer before you hurt yourself, son.

Now you're just making yourself look (even more) foolish, Foley.

I'd back away from the computer before you hurt yourself, son.
Big red flood no doubt denotes what you experience once a month when it's 'your time', huh young lady.

Nobody cares what you have to say here, bigredfool. No one takes you seriously and you're about as welcome here as a fart in an elevator, missy.

Now pull your skirt back down, and skip on home, little missy. I'm sure daddy's got a big cob waiting for you.

Originally posted by GoldenRam:
Is there going to be a resurgence, or are we going to stagnate with lame duck coach?
KF has spent the better part of his adult life at Iowa and I assure you cares way more about the institution (especially the kids), than almost all of the 'fans' on this site. He has given millions back to the program and the hospital through his family's foundation (look it up). Whether you like his brand of football or not, why would anyone doubt that he wants this program to be successful long into the future and would do everything he could to leave this program in the best shape possible when he decides to go (And he's earned the right to decide when he goes). Part of why he asked for this contract was he wanted this to be his last 'job' as he will be 65 when it expires. To refer to him as a lame duck coach is both inaccurate and disrespectful, as this is not his last year and he will never be fired, nor does he deserve to be. I can assure you, he will prepare to make a smooth transition when he passes the torch. In the meantime, I suggest everyone quit whinning and cheer these young men on. KF and the administration believe it is all about these young men, as do I.
Go Hawks!
Great post.

Foley,

It's easy to see you were horribly abused as a child.

It's equally easy to understand why.

You're a slimy, smelly little fella aren't you. Seriously, just shut off your computer. Adults are conversing here and you clearly aren't capable of understanding the discussion, son.

This post was edited on 3/31 9:57 PM by BigRedFlood

Foley,

It's easy to see you were horribly abused as a child.

It's equally easy to understand why.

You're a slimy, smelly little fella aren't you. Seriously, just shut off your computer. Adults are conversing here and you clearly aren't capable of understanding the discussion, son.

This post was edited on 3/31 9:57 PM by BigRedFlood

Right, you're an adult. Slimy, smelly fella. Lol. What's next? That's you but what am I?
I love the utter acts of desperation from those who have no argument. Pleas don't insult adults by claiming you have any connection to us. You are going on ignore, I have no time for some petulant pariah. You won't be here long. No one else will respond to your infantile trolling.

P.S. - You do know that a good tampon will help with that big red flood of yours, but I'm sure you already knew that.

Buddy why do you obsess over attrition? Every program loses players. Iowa has been atrocious at filling rosters with quality players for years and has paid dearly. There can be no excuse for it. I wonder if he stopped caring. Seriously. I imagine it takes tremendous effort to compete for higher level recruits, and he wasn't pressed to.

You can take issue with this and take the "staff is good at developing players", and "look at the players in the NFL" arguments, but Iowa is currently a weak program and not competitive at any championship or quality bowl level.

Aaaaaaand once again matt foley (under his new name) derails a thread with his mindless ranting. Welcome to my ignore list, buddy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT