ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Gov. Reynolds joins multistate grandstanding effort on immigration

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Iowa will join more than two dozen other states — all led by Republican governors — in an effort to assist federal immigration enforcement at the U.S.-Mexico border by sharing intelligence and information from criminal investigations.

Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds made the announcement Thursday afternoon.

The group has named itself the American Governors’ Border Strike Force, and set the goal of helping “put an end to the crime stemming from the southern border,” a news release from Reynolds’ office states.

Advertisment

The 25 states will share intelligence information to improve border enforcement, and share information from criminal investigations to help combat drug trafficking, human smuggling, and drug cartels and other organizations crossing the border into the U.S., the news release said.

Participation in the effort will not cost any taxpayer-funded state spending, and it will not require the use of state law enforcement officials, Reynolds’ office said.

Reynolds said the Republican governors feel compelled to act because they believe Democratic President Joe Biden’s administration has not sufficiently enforced federal immigration laws.

“We can’t stand idle while President Biden does nothing to stop the crisis at our border, which is having devastating effects on every state,” Reynolds said in the news release. “President Biden’s disastrous border policies and lack of leadership are destroying our country. Fentanyl and other major drugs are becoming increasingly prevalent in our communities, so we must step up and protect our states, our families, our children, and our country that we’ve worked so hard to keep safe.”

The progressive advocacy group Progress Iowa issued a statement criticizing Reynolds’ decision to join the multistate effort, calling it “pure politics.”

“By joining this Border Strike Force, Gov. Reynolds and her corporate donors are trying to divide us — by stoking fear against people based on where they come from or what they look like,” Progress Iowa executive director Matt Sinovic said in the statement. “Iowans need a leader who will address the issues our state is facing, increase jobs and wages, and improve access to health care. This stunt is pure politics and ignores what Iowa families need while exploiting people in need.”

Capitol Digest​

Newsletter Signup
checkmark-yellow.png
Legislative News Delivered to your inbox each weekday

The states participating include: Arizona, Texas, Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia and Wyoming.

• Love
Reactions: Hondo_11
Somebody has to do something because this administration has decided to ignore the law.

Honest question for the libs on this board, why does the dem party refuse to enforce our southern border?

It's sad, we get performance art instead of good governance. But, she's angling for a post in the next Republican administration, and Iowan's accept it because unborn babies and Libs need to be owned while they fall further and further behind in life.
Kimmie should be front and center helping to craft and promote immigration reform. Iowa needs workers. Just not the brown kind.

It's funny how Republicans are supposedly the biggest cheerleaders for state's rights, yet most of their governors run their states in virtual lockstep with each other on the MAGA grievances of the day. Everything is done with their little gang of 15 or 20 other states.

The group has named itself the American Governors’ Border Strike Force, and set the goal of helping “put an end to the crime stemming from the southern border,” a news release from Reynolds’ office states.

Participation in the effort will not cost any taxpayer-funded state spending, and it will not require the use of state law enforcement officials, Reynolds’ office said.

Huh. How does that work?

That's called a minimum. Why does the left think our southern border doesn't exists?
Let left don't think, they do what they are told.
FY2021 there were 1.66 M US/Mexico border arrests, the HIGHEST IN HISTORY. That's 2 times more than the highest year during Trump's term and more than 4 times more during the other 3 year's average during the rest Trump's term. Trump enthusiasts can't shut up about what a great job he did with the southern border crisis, but it's all a load of stinking bullshit. Biden again leaving Trump in his dust, so zip it you two morons,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...9dce64-3115-11ec-a880-a9d8c009a0b1_story.html

Is Kimmie going to start cracking down on Iowa businesses that hire illegal immigrants?
You mean all of those farms that have 2-3 guys living in a single wide behind a CAFO? How could anyone in Iowa be expected to police that? Everything is Biden's fault. You can't expect the state to enforce it's rules, or it's industries to promote standards.

FY2021 there were 1.66 M US/Mexico border arrests, the HIGHEST IN HISTORY. That's 2 times more than the highest year during Trump's term and more than 4 times more during the other 3 year's average during the rest Trump's term.

You sound like my wife when she tries to convince me that the money she saved while shopping was more important than the money she spent...

Seasonal work visas.....for millions and millions?? What happens when the "season" ends, amigo?
They go home as they did for years before the "wall' was built in the 1970's. America has a labor shortage. It will continue to have a labor shortage as our birth rates continue to decline. Nonetheless, if you want to decrease the recent substantial increase in prices, one way is to substantial increase the labor force and decrease wages.

You sound like my wife when she tries to convince me that the money she saved while shopping was more important than the money she spent...
So arrest less is your solution?

Just because your wife isn't very bright doesn't change the fact that more is being done right now to stem the tide of illegal immigrants than ever before, and Biden is taking heat from the left because of it.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkMD and Hondo_11
So arrest less is your solution?

Just because your wife isn't very bright doesn't change the fact that more is being done right now to stem the tide of illegal immigrants than ever before, and Biden is taking heat from the left because of it.

No Mr. rocket surgeon,... The arrest count is up is because border crossings are up even more,.. The percentage of arrests to crossings is significantly down,.. Math is hard.

Last edited:
They don't.
Is that the best you have to offer? I'm serious, I would like to know the reason the dems feel enforcing the southern border is a bad thing?

When Biden came into office he stopped the remain in Mexico policy. He immediately stopped construction of the border wall and refused to let Texas buy the uninstalled sections to continue the work. Biden is now going to stop title 42. He is giving them free phones, clothes, food and California wants to give them free healthcare (Americans don't get free healthcare)

If you are a dem, do you support these policies and if so, why? How does allowing millions of unknown migrants some who are known drug dealers, terrorists, child traffickers, gang members, some are infected with covid and other contagious diseases,

I am very serious, what am I missing?

Is that the best you have to offer? I'm serious, I would like to know the reason the dems feel enforcing the southern border is a bad thing?

When Biden came into office he stopped the remain in Mexico policy. He immediately stopped construction of the border wall and refused to let Texas buy the uninstalled sections to continue the work. Biden is now going to stop title 42. He is giving them free phones, clothes, food and California wants to give them free healthcare (Americans don't get free healthcare)

If you are a dem, do you support these policies and if so, why? How does allowing millions of unknown migrants some who are known drug dealers, terrorists, child traffickers, gang members, some are infected with covid and other contagious diseases,

I am very serious, what am I missing?
Other than being full of shit, I don’t know. Why don’t you tell me?

Reactions: IA_HAWKI
Is Kimmie going to start cracking down on Iowa businesses that hire illegal immigrants?
You mean like the Craig Lang family near Montezuma. The GOP family that was too lazy to check on the immigration status of the guy that killed Mollie Tibbitts?

That Iowa business?

Uh, that's different because he's still a big Republican donor.

This GOP cluster$#@% was coordinated by the Republican National Governors' Conference.

And yes... it was a publicity stunt.

You mean like the Craig Lang family near Montezuma. The GOP family that was too lazy to check on the immigration status of the guy that killed Mollie Tibbitts?

That Iowa business?

Uh, that's different because he's still a big Republican donor.

This GOP cluster$#@% was coordinated by the Republican National Governors' Conference.

And yes... it was a publicity stunt.
You as a proud dem can surely tell us why the dems love illegal immigration. The rest of your compadres seem to have swallowed their tongue.

You as a proud dem can surely tell us why the dems love illegal immigration. The rest of your compadres seem to have swallowed their tongue.
I know playing stupid again, at least I hope you're pretending, but we have a labor shortage contributing to inflation.

But it's in the best interests of Republicans ahead of the midterm to keep inflation high.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT