ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Hawkeyes’ 2023 Soccer. EDIT: Hawkeyes upset B1G Champs and three top 12 teams on way to Big Ten Tourn. Championship! Host Bucknell in NCAAs...

Bump. Kicked off not long ago after a 2 1/2 hour lightning delay. FGCU is no slouch. Conference tournament champs and NCAA 2nd rounders last year. (I think it was the second round FSU knocked them out of, right @billanole?)

Reactions: Pinehawk
Bump. Kicked off not long ago after a 2 1/2 hour lightning delay. FGCU is no slouch. Conference tournament champs and NCAA 2nd rounders last year. (I think it was the second round FSU knocked them out of, right @billanole?)
Yep, Noles beat them early in the season and again in the tourney. Good luck to your ladies this season.
Transfer Taylor Huff nets one late to give FSU a season opening on the road vs Tex A&M.

Last edited:
Hawks outshooting FGCU 14-2 at the break. Good start.
Third post hit today. On the goal, Roling danced through some defenders on the outside edge of the box and cut back, before crossing over top the goalkeeper for an onrushing Ingles to head home. Should be a great forward tandem this season, but we have wasted too many good looks. We’re pressing high, which creates chances but also makes us vulnerable to counters.

EDIT: Fourth post hit by the Hawks tonight.

Third post hit today. On the goal, Roling danced through some defenders on the outside edge of the box and cut back, before crossing over top the goalkeeper for an onrushing Ingles to head home. Should be a great forward tandem this season, but we have wasted too many good looks. We’re pressing high, which creates chances but also makes us vulnerable to counters.

EDIT: Fourth post hit by the Hawks tonight.

Thanks, I don't have ESPN+. Rolling is still intriguing to me. She scored a million goals in high school but they played nobody until state.

Thanks for the heads up, watching now. I had checked earlier and it was just running commercials. Didn’t realize there was a lightning delay.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Thanks, I don't have ESPN+. Rolling is still intriguing to me. She scored a million goals in high school but they played nobody until state.
She is to me as well. Great Freshman season. Dropped off her Sophomore year a bit last year. But she’s got the best raw talent I’ve seen from any current or former Hawk.

Roling and Josie Durr of Solon have been players of the match so far. Durr has had silky smooth touches and passes all day.

Last edited:
The 2023-2024 Cy-Hawk Series kicks off as Iowa and Iowa State try to spoil each others perfect starts at 8 PM tonight in Iowa City.

Both are coming off impressive victories last week with the ‘Clones knocking off Arizona at home, and the Hawks knocking off back-to-back NCAA qualifiers Florida Gulf Coast away. The Hawkeyes lost 2-1 last year in Ames…

Reactions: Pinehawk
I don’t have BTN+ so I’ll take game updates if anyone has them.

I don’t have BTN+ so I’ll take game updates if anyone has them.
I’ll do it. MASSIVE crowd tonight. I had to park by the indoor facility. Got in 10 minutes late. Iowa dominating currently.

Caitlin and Connor among the crowd at the corner flag.

Last edited:
Reactions: billanole
Hydration break. Iowa dominating possession, but just one good chance in the last twenty minutes, off a corner that caromed around and was shot high.

Heard the crowd react to this as I was walking in…

Otto with a great first touch around a defender and setting a shot from the top of the box JUST over the bar.

Lots of pressure and corners.

GOAL!!!!!! Kenzie Roling!! Fantastic glancing header into space from Otto that Doherty runs onto and crosses to Kenzie for the touch turn and finish! 1-0 Hawks! Caitlin Clark is pumped!

ISU with two dangerous chances in the first two minutes of the second. Hawks on their heels.

…But we catch them on the counter and with Elle Otto laying out to put home her own breakaway rebound. 2-0 Hawkeyes over ‘Clones!

Cyclones have a golden opportunity to get one, got open from the penalty spot but tried to place it a little too much and Enneking closes down and makes a great sprawling save down to her right.

Here’s the second goal:

Josie Durr has to be in her 8th or 9th year of college due to ACL and covid...

And she's still crazy fast.

200w.gif

Iowa State starts creating some chances in the last 15 minutes. Free kick from about 40 for ISU sent in, headed in by an onrushing attacker in the crowd. 2-1…nervy ending incoming. 7:30 left…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT