ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Hawkeyes’ 2023 Soccer. EDIT: Hawkeyes upset B1G Champs and three top 12 teams on way to Big Ten Tourn. Championship! Host Bucknell in NCAAs...

Meike Ingles was out yesterday due to injury. She’s the Cristian Pulisic of Big Ten women. Enormous in both attacking talent and propensity for injury.

HUGE last weekend non-conference play tonight. Hawks face #18 Virginia tonight at the top of the hour, poised to break in to the top 25 with a W. Game is on ACC Network Xtra online (maybe @billanole or one of our Nole friends has this for an update or two?). Then Sunday afternoon they face George Mason on ESPN+.

Sam Cary is reigning B1G Defensive Player of the Week, and goalkeeper Macy Enneking made National Team of the Week, Honorable Mention. Also made top BTN plays with this beauty…

Reactions: Joes Place
Iowa vs Purdue on BTN now. Enneking with a MASSIVE save. Announcers mention she’s top 8 nationally in all GK categories.

EDIT: Roling off the post! 1-0!

Hawkeyes take down B1G Champions, and NCAA 12th ranked Spartans in the B1G Quarterfinals! 2-1 comeback victory in East Lansing!

Senior grad transfer Kelli McGroarty with the equalizer and All-B1G Freshman Sophia Bush (from Marion) with the winner. Off to Columbus Crew’s new downtown stadium for conference championship weekend…

• Love
Reactions: Tom Paris
  • Love
Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Face Penn State on Thursday afternoon in the B1G Semifinals on BTN from Columbus Crew’s MLS stadium…

Fgp4lPKWIAAHS53

Reactions: billanole
Win it. Win it. Go Hawks.
We’re no ACC, but the B1G is deeper than ever before. Ten years ago an Iowa team with this level of talent would have been a top half seed, not scraping in at 8th. So, I’m not totally surprised by this. #2 seed Nebby needed a late comeback to avoid also getting knocked out by #7 seed OSU and #3 Wisconsin having plenty of trouble with Rutgers currently.

Reactions: billanole
Iowa v Penn St in the Big10 Semis on BigTen Network right now.

I’m watching.
Caught the end of the first half. Looked pretty even, but I see Iowa has the attacking statistics in their favor. Hoping we can keep up the defense and find a way to put one in this second half. Very probable that this is a one goal game with these two teams.

Reactions: Tom Paris
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT