ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa hoops targets for spring & summer (HawkCentral article)

Goodwin is not and will not be a PG. He is a rodell Davis type small forward

How can Hauser play for any college team when the Barnstormers are a pro team?

I think Fran's idea.... is something I agree with actually. It's hard to find quality players this late in the game. Wisconsin landed Trice who was ranked somewhere around 300 because they view him, rightfully, as a developmental guy. He will be red-shirted and then probably be a back-up for another year or two before seeing starter minutes. What I'm saying is many players of that caliber aren't and would not help us next year or even the year after.
You may be right if Hill takes a huge leap this year. Otherwise, I would expect that Trice will get some minutes in backup of Bronson. It is more likely that the small forward, Ford, would redshirt.

Markell Johnson out of Ohio is a name to research. Was ranked 53rd in 2017 class but just reclassified to 2016.

Ohio State and Louisville are top two big names on his list but his mom states that he's probably going out of state to school.

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/ohio-guard-markell-johnson-to-reclassify-play-in-college-next-season
Markell appears to be just what Fran hoped would pop up. We could likely offer him the playing time he'd like but are we too late to get in with him?

You may be right if Hill takes a huge leap this year. Otherwise, I would expect that Trice will get some minutes in backup of Bronson. It is more likely that the small forward, Ford, would redshirt.
Possibly. I am in the camp that many Bucky fans slightly underrate Jordan Hill. He is obviously just a role player at this point, but I doubt Trice who was a very low rated recruit by Bucky's standards would play as a true freshman.

I think Trice has potential and I never underestimate Wisconsin's ability to develop talent, but Trice is still a bit of a project at this point.

Markell appears to be just what Fran hoped would pop up. We could likely offer him the playing time he'd like but are we too late to get in with him?
Dailey was committed to Rutgers, but when the coach was fired his HS coach started sending his video to Power 5 schools. From what I've read he's a late bloomer who was prepared to go to prep school if the High Major offers didn't come. I definitely don't think we were too late in his recruitment.

Last edited:
Would any critic of Fran honestly be satisfied if he had landed D'Mitrik Trice, or a similarly ranked player? The kid would have been criticized as a fall back recruit, and Fran would have been criticized for missing on his main PG targets. Trice is ranked in the mid-300s in this class, and the number 60 PG, according to 247.
unless FM gets better play in the first round of the conference tournament and figures out the second half of the season failures, I will question his coaching

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT