ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Kid's Day

Great post, thunder. We have a freaking unbelievable defensive backfield. We are weeks into a new offense, with young and unproven WRs. I'm not concerned that on Aug 10 we didn't look great. August 24... we need to look better than we did today.
Yeah I think the biggest thing they need to decide is who is going to get how many reps with the ones. I would hope they take a couple practices and split the reps and then make a decision. KF said reps are important now and he is right, so you need to figure out who is going to get the bulk of them with the ones fairly fast. Hopefully in the next couple of practices I would say. The good news for fans is, they seem to be pretty even, so there is no wrong choice, because all that could be argued at that point is who has the higher ceiling and that is pure speculation and a worthless argument to even consider getting into. I would say run each with the ones and the two's both and see how they do as a whole against both levels of competition, because not every team has a defense as stout as ours. (like I said I would be shocked if our defense does not end up top 5 in the country and probably top 3) Championship level for sure.

Last edited:
I felt a sense of relief with the comments and observations about the OL. It sounds like this group looks improved and are going to finally be a strength this year. The offense will only be better if the OL is better.
I thought the OL looked quicker off the ball and moved their feet better.

• Love
Reactions: F5n5
Yeah I think the biggest thing they need to decide is who is going to get how many reps with the ones. I would hope they take a couple practices and split the reps and then make a decision. KF said reps are important now and he is right, so you need to figure out who is going to get the bulk of them with the ones fairly fast. Hopefully in the next couple of practices I would say. The good news for fans is, they seem to be pretty even, so there is no wrong choice, because all that could be argued at that point is who has the higher ceiling and that is pure speculation and a worthless argument to even consider getting into. I would say run each with the ones and the two's both and see how they do as a whole against both levels of competition, because not every team has a defense as stout as ours. (like I said I would be shocked if our defense does not end up top 5 in the country and probably top 3) Championship level for sure.
Has Iowa / Kirk ever really split reps in practice ? Maybe in the JC - Stanzi 2008 season since they each would play a Q

But since then it’s appeared to be once Kirk names you the starter you get 99.999999999% of practice snaps with first team

It’s part of the reason why when most Iowa backups come in they look completely lost

Reactions: dadster and DewHawk
Offense Highlights

I have to say, our run game actually looks... Good? Like, surprisingly good.

I say this every year but my kids have started to get the same autographs almost every year because of the guys who make sure they get to the kids in the south end of the stadium. Shoutout to:
Drew Stevens
Rhys Dakin (obviously new but Tory did too)
Deonte Craig
Luke Lachey
Logan Jones

Every one of them personable and good to the kids and us dorky dads.

Man I want these guys to succeed.

Reactions: cidsports
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT