ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Men 17th in the B1G this season? Field of 68 (Sean Paul) has Iowa 6th

Terrence is a basketball analyst with Charlotte Hornets Live. He has also appeared on ESPN, FOX, NBA TV, The Field of 68, and CBS Sports Network.

16th???

He thinks the loss of Tony Perkins is going to be huge for Iowa.

• Wow
Reactions: Hawksfor3
Terrence is a basketball analyst with Charlotte Hornets Live. He has also appeared on ESPN, FOX, NBA TV, The Field of 68, and CBS Sports Network.

16th???

He thinks the loss of Tony Perkins is going to be huge for Iowa.

Even taking my black and gold blinders off, I just don’t see how Iowa finishes that low barring injuries. We’ll miss Perkins, but imo he’s the only guy who left that might have added something, and as much as I liked the guy, he was frustratingly inconsistent as well.

Even taking my black and gold blinders off, I just don’t see how Iowa finishes that low barring injuries. We’ll miss Perkins, but imo he’s the only guy who left that might have added something, and as much as I liked the guy, he was frustratingly inconsistent as well.

I have never understood the Perkins hate. The dude brought it every game.

I have never understood the Perkins hate. The dude brought it every game.
Perkins was a warrior and filled a lot of voids on a team with holes. We will see whether the 3 guards on the current team can make up for that loss. I loved his effort throughout the season, but the way he finished the season left me and others wondering whether he had checked out early.

Also, what is liklihood Wisky finishes 14th?
That's not at all crazy. I don't think there is any way Wisconsin finishes in the top 10 of the league. I think we have a significantly better chance of doing that than Wisconsin.

I think the 9 line is the cut off for the tourney. I think the following programs he have no realistic shot at making the tourney -- Minnesota, Penn State, Northwestern, Nebraska, and Washington. I would also bet that Wisconsin, Ohio State and USC miss the tourney this year.

That's not at all crazy. I don't think there is any way Wisconsin finishes in the top 10 of the league. I think we have a significantly better chance of doing that than Wisconsin.

I think the 9 line is the cut off for the tourney. I think the following programs he have no realistic shot at making the tourney -- Minnesota, Penn State, Northwestern, Nebraska, and Washington. I would also bet that Wisconsin, Ohio State and USC miss the tourney this year.
Of the newbies, I don’t know much about Washington/USC in particular.

I think a lot is going to come down to what the schedule looks like for everyone.

Reactions: AmericaNeedsMe
If we don’t finish in to top half of the Big I’ll buy everyone on here a beer. But you have to come to Springfield to get it.

200w.gif

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Why is Michigan picked so high? New coach and lots of roster turnover right?

Sean is a hoops writer for the Field of 68 Daily and is a freelance writer for Action Colleges. He is also the host of "The Field of 68 Mid Major Show."

6th place for Iowa??? He has Michigan 12th.

The Full List:
1.) Purdue
2.) Michigan State
3.) Indiana
4.) Oregon
5.) Ohio State
6.) Iowa
7.) Rutgers
8.) Illinois
9.) Maryland
10.) UCLA
11.) Northwestern
12.) Michigan
13.) Wisconsin
14.) USC
15.) Nebraska
16.) Penn State
17.) Minnesota
18.) Washington

6th place for Iowa???

Sean is a hoops writer for the Field of 68 Daily and is a freelance writer for Action Colleges. He is also the host of "The Field of 68 Mid Major Show."

The Full List:
1.) Purdue
2.) Michigan State
3.) Indiana
4.) Oregon
5.) Ohio State
6.) Iowa
7.) Rutgers
8.) Illinois
9.) Maryland
10.) UCLA
11.) Northwestern
12.) Michigan
13.) Wisconsin
14.) USC
15.) Nebraska
16.) Penn State
17.) Minnesota
18.) Washington
Have to start somewhere. :)

Reactions: Franisdaman

The Full List:
1.) Purdue
2.) Michigan State
3.) Indiana
4.) Oregon
5.) Ohio State
6.) Iowa
7.) Rutgers
8.) Illinois
9.) Maryland
10.) UCLA
11.) Northwestern
12.) Michigan
13.) Wisconsin
14.) USC
15.) Nebraska
16.) Penn State
17.) Minnesota
18.) Washington

Full text of the tweet:

Iowa is probably the team I’m much higher on than most. I just love that roster.

I’m buying into the Drew Thelwell/Brock Harding PG experiment because they’ll need to set the table. That’s all. Won’t need to score often. Make life easier for Payton Sandfort, Owen Freeman & Josh Dix.

Seydou Traore should fit in nicely as well. Adds some athleticism that Iowa doesn’t have a ton of.

The Full List:
1.) Purdue
2.) Michigan State
3.) Indiana
4.) Oregon
5.) Ohio State
6.) Iowa
7.) Rutgers
8.) Illinois
9.) Maryland
10.) UCLA
11.) Northwestern
12.) Michigan
13.) Wisconsin
14.) USC
15.) Nebraska
16.) Penn State
17.) Minnesota
18.) Washington
He must value returning players more than highly touted newbies.

So weird to see UCLA in the Big. And picked 10th! My, my, how they’ve fallen since they hired Alford. Seems a familiar story.

I’m still predicting a top 5 finish. I really like this team.

So weird to see UCLA in the Big. And picked 10th! My, my, how they’ve fallen since they hired Alford. Seems a familiar story.

I’m still predicting a top 5 finish. I really like this team.

I apologize if I’m missing the sarcasm here, but Alford took UCLA to three Sweet 16’s in his five full seasons there. They’ve been to three more Sweet 16’s since his departure. That’s six Sweet 16’s in 11 seasons for UCLA since hiring Alford. Where do I sign up to fall to their level?

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
did he say where he thinks Iowa finishes?
IDK, I was just commenting on the quote you posted. I think picking the order of finish is a crap shoot with all of the changes that come with the portal and NIL. I believe that Iowa has the pieces to be a much better team than last year. Whether that will result in a better record is hard to say. We cannot afford an injury to our big 3 or the PGs.

The Full List from Sean Paul of the Field of 68:
1.) Purdue
2.) Michigan State
3.) Indiana
4.) Oregon
5.) Ohio State
6.) Iowa
7.) Rutgers
8.) Illinois
9.) Maryland
10.) UCLA
11.) Northwestern
12.) Michigan
13.) Wisconsin
14.) USC
15.) Nebraska
16.) Penn State
17.) Minnesota
18.) Washington

Wisconsin 13th?!? @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset, your thoughts? ;)

1.) Purdue
2.) Michigan State
3.) Indiana
4.) Oregon
5.) Ohio State
6.) Iowa
7.) Rutgers
8.) Illinois
9.) Maryland
10.) UCLA
11.) Northwestern
12.) Michigan
13.) Wisconsin
14.) USC
15.) Nebraska
16.) Penn State
17.) Minnesota
18.) Washington

Wisky lost a several key players, and not that much returning. The team that might surprise me as being below Iowa is Illannoy, which apparently has some very highly regarded players coming in.

1.) Purdue
2.) Michigan State
3.) Indiana
4.) Oregon
5.) Ohio State
6.) Iowa
7.) Rutgers
8.) Illinois
9.) Maryland
10.) UCLA
11.) Northwestern
12.) Michigan
13.) Wisconsin
14.) USC
15.) Nebraska
16.) Penn State
17.) Minnesota
18.) Washington

Good for Wisconsin. Ya hate to see it. :)

IDK, I was just commenting on the quote you posted. I think picking the order of finish is a crap shoot with all of the changes that come with the portal and NIL. I believe that Iowa has the pieces to be a much better team than last year. Whether that will result in a better record is hard to say. We cannot afford an injury to our big 3 or the PGs.

David Eickholt, a beat reporter for 24/7, reported on July 8 that he wouldn't be surprised to see Traore start at the 4.

On June 5th I wondered/posted if this would be the rotations. Hopefully Fran does not go much deeper than 10.

Of the top 10 players, just 2 are seniors.

Starting 5:
6’3” PG Drew Thelwell (SR)
6'5" SG Josh Dix (JR)
6'7" F Payton Sandfort (SR)
6’7” PF Seydou Traore (SO)
6'10" C Owen Freeman (SO)

Next 5 off the bench:
6'0" PG Brock Harding (SO)
6'7" F Cooper Koch (FR)
6'7" F Pryce Sandfort (SO)
6'8" PF Ladji Dembele (SO)
6'8" PF Chris Tadjo (FR)

Other 3 scholarship players:
6'11" C Riley Mulvey (JR)
6'9" F/C Even Brauns (SR)
6'5" SG Carter Kingsbury (JR)

David Eickholt, a beat reporter for 24/7, reported on July 8 that he wouldn't be surprised to see Traore start at the 4.

On June 5th I wondered/posted if this would be the rotations. Hopefully Fran does not go much deeper than 10.

Of the top 10 players, just 2 are seniors.

Starting 5:
6’3” PG Drew Thelwell (SR)
6'5" SG Josh Dix (JR)
6'7" F Payton Sandfort (SR)
6’7” PF Seydou Traore (SO)
6'10" C Owen Freeman (SO)

Next 5 off the bench:
6'0" PG Brock Harding (SO)
6'7" F Cooper Koch (FR)
6'7" F Pryce Sandfort (SO)
6'8" PF Ladji Dembele (SO)
6'8" PF Chris Tadjo (FR)

Other 3 scholarship players:
6'11" C Riley Mulvey (JR)
6'9" F/C Even Brauns (SR)
6'5" SG Carter Kingsbury (JR)
Certainly a lot of competition at PF. I think it will be either Dembele, who is a 4/5, or Traore, who is a 3/4. Both will get a lot of minutes. Koch and Tadjo could also earn minutes. Fran will have some nice options at 3-5, much better than last year. Our lack of depth at guard is my biggest concern. If anyone gets hurt, we won't have many good options IMO.

X
Certainly a lot of competition at PF. I think it will be either Dembele, who is a 4/5, or Traore, who is a 3/4. Both will get a lot of minutes. Koch and Tadjo could also earn minutes. Fran will have some nice options at 3-5, much better than last year. Our lack of depth at guard is my biggest concern. If anyone gets hurt, we won't have many good options IMO.
i think Kingsbury in limited minutes will surprise you with good minutes on the floor

X

i think Kingsbury in limited minutes will surprise you with good minutes on the floor
Maybe very limited minutes, but if Dix were to go down, I think it is more likely that Traore might play off guard for the second straight year. Thelwell and Pryce would also play some at 2. Freeman, Dembele, Payton, Traore, and either PG would be an interesting lineup against teams with only one quick guard.

Maybe very limited minutes, but if Dix were to go down, I think it is more likely that Traore might play off guard for the second straight year. Thelwell and Pryce would also play some at 2. Freeman, Dembele, Payton, Traore, and either PG would be an interesting lineup against teams with only one quick guard.
I hope he is further along in his development than Mulvey. I gotta imagine giving him a scholarship translates into backcourt minutes given the limited depth there. Hopefully we see a lot of blowouts in the 7 cupcake non-con games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT