ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa offers Class of 2027 Jaxx DeJean. Visited Sep 7 (Iowa State game)

This kid is 15? looks bigger than 200 if he is indeed 6`4

73321531007-202404137-v-7-football-jh-40.jpg

2027 ????? So if he stays the entire term he would be there through 2031 or 2032 (if redshirt)?

So much stuff will have changed by then, including probably the coaching staff.

Reactions: LukaDuka
I find it wild to offer ANY player as a freshman.
Agreed. My nephew is Class of 27 in Georgia and already has at least 10 offers. I'd be surprised if he doesn't go to UGA (assuming he doesn't play baseball instead), but Auburn, Ohio State, and USC are among the other contenders. He's a good kid and a fine multi-sport athlete, but it's mind-boggling that he's already got that much attention.

DeJean I'm assuming will eventually be a Hawkeye. How likely is Iowa to land these other 2 rising sophomores, Blum & Brewer?

Agreed. My nephew is Class of 27 in Georgia and already has at least 10 offers. I'd be surprised if he doesn't go to UGA (assuming he doesn't play baseball instead), but Auburn, Ohio State, and USC are among the other contenders. He's a good kid and a fine multi-sport athlete, but it's mind-boggling that he's already got that much attention.
You damm well need to make sure your nephew is a Hawkeye ! You would be doing him a great favor !

You damm well need to make sure your nephew is a Hawkeye ! You would be doing him a great favor !
I would love to see him in black-and-gold at LB in Phil Parker's defense, but unfortunately my in-laws are SEC people. There's a chance, though, that he won't play football anywhere. Last summer, despite being fresh out of 8th grade, he was offered a baseball scholarship by LSU when he attended their camp.

Both will be tough, sounds like Blum grew up an ISU fan (all second hand info, so could be completely wrong), and Brewer is pulling in some massive offers with bags of cash probably soon to follow.
The Blums are cyclone fans. Doesn't mean he will end up there. He wants to play basketball at the next level from what I hear. Won't be turning down football if he doesn't get his bball scholly he wants.

Where the hell is Woodbine? How can a white kid from Podunk IA be a 5 star at WR?
You are going to take me back to KTIV 'SportsForce' with that comment! Buddy and I in college were shooting Friday night games for KTIV Sioux City and we got turned around (years before GPS) and we stopped at a random gas station somewhere around Woodbine and he's yelling at another dude "where IS Woodbine, etc, etc!" This made me laugh, good times...map mess all over car and yes, we did find it and got the highlights on later that night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT