ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa receives zero votes in AP Top 25?

shocking-sad.gif

I've got us 17. Last week I had us at 18. That could all change after this week. I think holding a team with 3 preseason 1st team All Americans on offense to 3 points and 120 yards is impressive. And the special teams were very good. I watched all the games Saturday, a team that is very good in SDSU at no point was a threat to win that game. Clemson, a team I always root for, was much more in danger to lose than we were. And they won 41-10. Over a team that lost their last 2 games last year 100-0.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: blhawk
I think the play of the defense and special teams should gotten Iowa at least a few votes.
I agree with this. If you have a 4 point win because your offense played amazing and your defense was atrocious, no one cares. Why can’t you do well with an amazing defense and bad offense? Especially when you have good special teams (well, good punting anyway).
I wanted the offense to be stellar too but we don’t always get what we want. I’m still hopeful for a good season and for improvement on the offense.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
I'm trying to figure out if anything that I am reading here is sarcasm or not. Are there really people here that are so blinded by their fanaticism who feel that Iowa should be ranked based upon last Saturday's performance?

No ...but there are probably many who think Iowa should get at least 1 vote.

I think holding a team with 3 preseason 1st team All Americans on offense to 3 points and 120 yards is impressive.
It sounds super impressive until it's stated that they're an FCS team.

Don't get me wrong, they're rated very highly in FBS for a reason.. but still, they're FBS and Iowa's defense should be shutting down even the superior FBS offenses.

Reactions: rrdd2021
I think I have seen everything now on this board.
Iowa getting votes after that garbage fire.

I've got us 17. Last week I had us at 18. That could all change after this week. I think holding a team with 3 preseason 1st team All Americans on offense to 3 points and 120 yards is impressive. And the special teams were very good. I watched all the games Saturday, a team that is very good in SDSU at no point was a threat to win that game. Clemson, a team I always root for, was much more in danger to lose than were were. And they won 41-10. Over a team that lost their last 2 games last year 100-0.
Are you drunk?

Well if you really think a team that won by 32 was more in danger of losing than one that was one play away from it something isn't working right upstairs. My apologies
41-10 equals 32 now according to some Iowa fans.

Right now we are closer or at the bottom 25 than the top 25

In 2019 South Dakota State led Minnesota late in the 4th Qt. Minnesota finished ranked #16. In 2009 Iowa beat UNI 17-16. Iowa finished #10. UNI did not make the playoffs.

Reactions: Symbiosis
It is funny that UNC got votes even with a defensive performance that was as offensive as our offense was.

Give up 60+ at home to App State and get votes? Ok….there does seem to be a double standard…

If I was a UNC fan I would be pretty disgusted with their defense….they won’t win many games with showings like that…

It is funny that UNC got votes even with a defensive performance that was as offensive as our offense was.

Give up 60+ at home to App State and get votes? Ok….there does seem to be a double standard…

If I was a UNC fan I would be pretty disgusted with their defense….they won’t win many games with showings like that…
Amen brother.

Imagine how things will be around here if the Hawks lose to a bad ISU team at home?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT