ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa recruits in the new MatScouts Rankings

Todd Conner

HR MVP
Dec 23, 2004

It is great to be an Iowa Wrestling fan.

Go Hawks!

The consensus #1 P4P wrestler is ranked #2 at his weight huh? I haven’t seen his rankings because I canceled rokfin because of numb nuts but I wouldn’t be surprised if he put Ryder ahead of him. Ryder is a PSU recruit after all.
Ryder deserves #1 - 2 time world team member and Angelo is coming up in weight.

Willie is pretty consistent with inactivity dropping you out of the rankings. PJ Duke was out of the rankings for a long time when he was hurt.

Reactions: js8793
Who is Iowa in the conversation for, for the class of 2024? 3 recruits with two of them potentially being solid starters. Meanwhile PSU has Ryder, Lilledahl, both Mirasola’s, and Sealey coming in. They are also outperforming in the transfer portal. There is no chance for Iowa in the next 5 years, short of Cael getting fired or retiring.

Ryder deserves #1 - 2 time world team member and Angelo is coming up in weight.

Willie is pretty consistent with inactivity dropping you out of the rankings. PJ Duke was out of the rankings for a long time when he was hurt.
Would be a great who’s number one match up. Good opportunity for Angelo to pull off an upset. I didn’t think he was going to man handle Sealy like that last year. This time he might be at a size disadvantage moving up another weight.

Reactions: vhsalum
Would be a great who’s number one match up. Good opportunity for Angelo to pull off an upset. I didn’t think he was going to man handle Sealy like that last year. This time he might be at a size disadvantage moving up another weight.
Not if he actually grew up one weight class bigger.

Reactions: el dub
Not if he actually grew up one weight class bigger.
True, but he said he was planning to 174 at every college he was considering except Iowa, because they needed him at 184. I have no doubt he’ll grow into 184 in college, but for now I guess he can enjoy not having a weight cut to worry about, kind of like kem when he moved to 174.

True, but he said he was planning to 174 at every college he was considering except Iowa, because they needed him at 184. I have no doubt he’ll grow into 184 in college, but for now I guess he can enjoy not having a weight cut to worry about, kind of like kem when he moved to 174.
If that is his plan, then, he had/has plenty of time to put on good weight. I fully expect him to be a good size 184 guy.

If that is his plan, then, he had/has plenty of time to put on good weight. I fully expect him to be a good size 184 guy.
Yeah. He's in the right place to do that with Oliver Pierce as his head coach. Saw an interview with him where he talked about their training program - Angelo is gonna be just fine at any weight.

Yeah. He's in the right place to do that with Oliver Pierce as his head coach. Saw an interview with him where he talked about their training program - Angelo is gonna be just fine at any weight.
That's a name from the past!

That's a name from the past!
I saw Angelo’s lady dead lift. He will put the weight on in an aggressive lifting program, but if he doesn’t improve his for, his back will be destroyed. Hope Iowa has someone on these guy for lifting form, or some aren’t going to make it through college

I saw Angelo’s lady dead lift. He will put the weight on in an aggressive lifting program, but if he doesn’t improve his for, his back will be destroyed. Hope Iowa has someone on these guy for lifting form, or some aren’t going to make it through college
Latest

Good lord you weren't kidding. Absolutely hideous lol. AJ is really bad with ego lifting too. King of bouncing deadlifts and rows off the floor. Imagine how much stronger they could get if they took some weight off and learned to do it right.

I have Angelo #2 behind Ryder based on Ryder being the incumbent (and proven) at the weight.

AJ's been out a long time and coming up in weight a bunch. He's only wrestled 3 times in the last year
• vs. Sealey at WNO (160)
• Ironman title (165)
• State tournament (175)

I have heard that Ryder vs Angelo at WNO is likely so the rankings will take care of themselves.

Who is Iowa in the conversation for, for the class of 2024? 3 recruits with two of them potentially being solid starters. Meanwhile PSU has Ryder, Lilledahl, both Mirasola’s, and Sealey coming in. They are also outperforming in the transfer portal. There is no chance for Iowa in the next 5 years, short of Cael getting fired or retiring.
Not PSU’s or Cael’s fault. Our guys need to keep working harder. That’s all we can do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT