ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa should reopen offer to Juan Harris

BigDan21

HR All-State
Sep 27, 2014
Decommited from Indiana. Iowa should offer and pursue him again. I know it's annoying that he decommited 3 times, but if we managed to get him, Daniels, and Espenesa on the same d-line...... OH MAN

He's obviously having a tough time with a huge decision. Some people are like that. He may waffle on the decision but take it very seriously when he gets on a team.

He's obviously having a tough time with a huge decision. Some people are like that. He may waffle on the decision but take it very seriously when he gets on a team.

This is what I was thinking. Obviously it would be more ideal if he honored his original commitments. But waffling on picking a school doesn't necessarily mean he won't be 100% committed to a program and a hard worker once it's all said and done on signing day. If I were Ferentz I would at least strongly consider reopening the offer

I took a look at his jr highlights.. He's Absolutly mammoth.. Like the BJ Raji, Vince Wolfork, Big Baby Shawn Rogers, Terrance Kighton of Iowa high school football.. Hope his life gets rights.... He claims his life is worse than most but what better way to get on the right track than with a free college education and the opportunity to get that by playing football.. He got issues... Smh

Reactions: WORTHYWISH
I think Kirk needs to roll the dice on this kid. As mentioned above, could you imagine a DL with Epenesa, Daniels and Juan?

If he does not pan out or is a headcase, kick him to the curb. Maybe someone can get in his mind and tell him 4 years of hard work on/off the field and he will play Sundays and make a lot of money.

His videos clearly show he has quick feet for his size and he has a mean streak.

Take a chance Kirk!

Kirk has offered the kid 3 times. The kid has accepted 3x and decommited each time. Now he decommits from IU. Best of luck to Juan but don't think he'll ever don the black and gold.

We have zero size at DT, we have kickers with full rides that never see the field. Worth a shot.

Not all kickers are on schollie. Harris will be a decent D2 guy if he is lucky. He is not a difference maker at the weight he carries around. Colleges recruit difference makers based on potential. He issues far out-weigh his potential. Mental toughness is as important at the college level as anything....appears by his action and statements he definitely isn't close.

Decommited from Indiana. Iowa should offer and pursue him again. I know it's annoying that he decommited 3 times, but if we managed to get him, Daniels, and Espenesa on the same d-line...... OH MAN
tumblr_inline_nzpo6lZh6L1qbgcyi_500.gif

You want to upset some recruits currently committed to Iowa? Offer Juan Harris a scholarship again.

His last decommitment was bad because it came with him trashing other players already committed to Iowa. It was before he decommited and in a group message that included players like AJ and Eno.

So yeah... I highly doubt Juan Harris is even asked to walk on at Iowa.

For you to take the next step to elite, you have to start taking some talent that might take some coddling and molding.

Not every person is ready to be a man when they start college. Sometimes I think Iowa coaches dont take enough risk in the recruiting realm.

Reactions: SHAWKER and soybean
As someone said above, pretty sure he pissed off some of Iowa's other commits.

I'm sure Kirk has moved on a long time ago.

You want to upset some recruits currently committed to Iowa? Offer Juan Harris a scholarship again.

His last decommitment was bad because it came with him trashing other players already committed to Iowa. It was before he decommited and in a group message that included players like AJ and Eno.

So yeah... I highly doubt Juan Harris is even asked to walk on at Iowa.

What did he say in the group message that ticked everyone off?

IIRC, it was something about one of the OL commits being weak. Kallenberger or Wirfs or something. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Don't know exactly what was said but it was along these lines. It was Kallenberger.

Don't know exactly what was said but it was along these lines. It was Kallenberger.

Hmm yeah that sounds kind of petty to me. Like high school locker room drama. I think he's still definitely worth the shot. He might not pan out, but his upside is huge.

Reactions: soybean
I would agree that he's a great candidate for a walk-on/greyshirt.
Yes the grey shirt is a scholarship eventually but its a humbling factor.
From a physical talent standpoint, he's one of the top players you can get. However, his dedication/commitment is questionable. Making him take a sacrifice to start with shows he wants to be part of the team. The only way he fulfills his talent is to dedicate himself off the field when he gets to Iowa. He needs to make the first step now to show he's worth it.

Um, all due respect to the OP, we go nowhere near this young man. Let him work things out at lower tiered school and then we'll see.

Um, all due respect to the OP, we go nowhere near this young man. Let him work things out at lower tiered school and then we'll see.

I agree that would be the ideal situation. But I don't think it would happen. This kid is going to be a scholarship athlete at a D1 program when it's all said and done on signing day this year. He was the #1 DT in his class as a fresh and soph. If he could shed 30-40 lbs or so under proper guidance from Doyle he'd be a one man wrecking crew. His upside is too high and there will be coaches that swoop in last minute to pick him up.

You do realize that a grayshirt recruit still receives a scholarship, right?
Right. I guess I may not be 100% clear how a grayshirt works, but don't they come in essentially as a walk-on where they are eligible to receive the scholarship after attrition occurs?

I suppose you'd be right in that telling a recruit to grayshirt is essentially telling them they have a scholarship when it's available. The idea is that he'd have to be in or around the program and show he's committed to the team before receiving the scholly.

He's got plenty of other schools that will give him a scholarship. He's not taking a walk-on at Iowa. I don't believe his grades and ACT will allow him to attend a B1G school. He's heading the JUCO route IMO.

Juan Harris is going to play D-I football for somebody, it might as well be us.

Personally, I'm tired of the way this recruiting process is set up. I say do away with the early commit thing. Most of these kids will have more girl friends and best friends after they early commit at three or four schools. Make it just one signing day after their senior season is over and let that be it.

I agree that would be the ideal situation. But I don't think it would happen. This kid is going to be a scholarship athlete at a D1 program when it's all said and done on signing day this year. He was the #1 DT in his class as a fresh and soph. If he could shed 30-40 lbs or so under proper guidance from Doyle he'd be a one man wrecking crew. His upside is too high and there will be coaches that swoop in last minute to pick him up.

He will land at a D1 school unless his grades are not up to snuff. His upside could be huge, and if he can get somewhere that will keep him motivated he has a chance to be an all american type performer. No doubt, this is a lot of 'ifs', but his strength, size, and quickness are gonna land him somewhere in the D1 world. What he does with that opportunity remains to be seen.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT