ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State Dual Thread

I can’t believe you would even admit that, bruddah. You need boundary counseling. Lol
I know it...but I had to let the fellas know why I couldn't catch one of the biggest duals of the year. LOL! And the crazy thing about those damn cheer competitions is that you spend 3 days and 2 nights in whatever city (Louisville this weekend) so you can watch your child cheer twice for 3 mins each time. Your entire weekend and your entire paycheck spent for 6 fricking minutes. :eek::eek:

I know it...but I had to let the fellas know why I couldn't catch one of the biggest duals of the year. LOL! And the crazy thing about those damn cheer competitions is that you spend 3 days and 2 nights in whatever city (Louisville this weekend) so you can watch your child cheer twice for 3 mins each time. Your entire weekend and your entire paycheck spent for 6 fricking minutes. :eek::eek:
I wish you were joking or exaggerating but that sounds about right. Lol

Do the top squads get to cheer more than twice? Do they duel other squads during the competition?

I draw the line on those things. I watch during the normal sporting events but no way on those all day competitions. Same with the show choir competitions.

• Haha
Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
I wish you were joking or exaggerating but that sounds about right. Lol

Do the top squads get to cheer more than twice? Do they duel other squads during the competition?
No sir. It's 3 mins on Saturday (25% of your overall score) and 3 mins on Sunday (75% of your score), with the goal being to get a bid to Nationals in Disney this Spring in hopes of winning one of those coveted championship jackets. And yes, for Disney you get to spend 5 days, 4 nights, and the rest of your family budget in hopes of advancing to the finals and winning it all. So instead of 6 mins, it's 12 mins at Disney. LOL! Cheer is a racket. LOL! But my goddaughter loves it and she's really good (her team won Nationals at Disney this past March).

Reactions: el dub
I draw the line on those things. I watch during the normal sporting events but no way on those all day competitions. Same with the show choir competitions.

Up until two years ago I was the occasional attendee, always going to local events (those in the greater Nasvhille area). Two years ago my goddaughter's dad suddenly passed away at 34 years old. My promise to him - thinking for sure that he'd live to be 80 - was that if anything ever happen to him I would ensure the kids have everything they need. So here I am, attending every basketball game, football game and cheer competition, no matter when or where. I want my goddaughter's and her little brother's lives to be as full as possible...and I always want to be there to support them. :)

Up until two years ago I was the occasional attendee, always going to local events (those in the greater Nasvhille area). Two years ago my goddaughter's dad suddenly passed away at 34 years old. My promise to him - thinking for sure that he'd live to be 80 - was that if anything ever happen to him I would ensure the kids have everything they need. So here I am, attending every basketball game, football game and cheer competition, no matter when or where. I want my goddaughter's and her little brother's lives to be as full as possible...and I always want to be there to support them. :)
Well kudos to you!

But here's a tip for the future. You can watch wrestling on your phone while at a cheer competition.

My sister-in-law runs a cheer club out of Fort Dodge and one of her teams makes it to Disney about every year and they've won it a few times. Maybe I'll go next time to keep you company and show you how to watch wrestling on the phone....and to see Mickey Mouse of course.

Sorry about your loss and a tip of the cap to you for being a man of your word.
Might be time for a high quality tablet for watching wrestling.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Watched this on BTN+ last night with my wife. She has no allegiance to schools but she grew up watching her brothers wrestle and then her sons. She knows what she is watching and enjoys a good match. Her comments from a totally not biased and point of view.

Spencer Lee gutted one out but is a shadow of himself. Needs to find his gas tank before he finds some tough competition.
Swiderski is one of her favorite new up and coming wrestlers to follow.
Seibrect isn't afraid to let it fly another fun young guy to follow.
Durning the Warner Match. "Too many of the Iowa guys are wrestling not to lose instead of wrestling to win. They need to go win these matches just not lose them. "
Most teams would love to have a guy like Cass anchor their dual team. He is a good heavy. Then when he almost got turned with the cradle. "He got sloppy. Needs to tighten up his situational awareness. Know he is up and the where he is at."

On the way to bed, "That was a really fun competitive dual. I would love to see one like that every night."
All I can say gents is Damn I married well!

Watched this on BTN+ last night with my wife. She has no allegiance to schools but she grew up watching her brothers wrestle and then her sons. She knows what she is watching and enjoys a good match. Her comments from a totally not biased and point of view.

Spencer Lee gutted one out but is a shadow of himself. Needs to find his gas tank before he finds some tough competition.
Swiderski is one of her favorite new up and coming wrestlers to follow.
Seibrect isn't afraid to let it fly another fun young guy to follow.
Durning the Warner Match. "Too many of the Iowa guys are wrestling not to lose instead of wrestling to win. They need to go win these matches just not lose them. "
Most teams would love to have a guy like Cass anchor their dual team. He is a good heavy. Then when he almost got turned with the cradle. "He got sloppy. Needs to tighten up his situational awareness. Know he is up and the where he is at."

On the way to bed, "That was a really fun competitive dual. I would love to see one like that every night."
All I can say gents is Damn I married well!
Idaho, I think your wife is spot on. Spencer is Spencer; he'll be fine. I'm just glad his knees looked good. And I too am a huge fan of Seibrect. When he reversed the Penn kid while both Alex and Kaleb thought (and one of them said) the Penn kid was "settling in for the fall" you could have knocked me over with a paper clip. He's 100 percent excitement and I love that! I'm looking forward to watching him against the better competition. I would rather watch a kid like Seibrect get beat throwing it all out there than endure the pain I suffered through watching Max try nothing against Johnson. That was so painful. If Max plans on getting on the podium he's got to let it fly a bit. If you have the defensive skills that Brandon Sorenson had, then by all means you sit there for 7 minutes and wait the guy out, knowing that you'll be able to defend whatever he brings. But for the rest of us mortals (Abe, Murin, Warner) you can't be in prevent offense when it matters. You've got to test the waters and see what you're capable of...before the 3rd period or SV.

If any of you read CF, pay special attention to a poster named BCClone. When the old Iowa Prep Rivals forum existed, I would bitch slap him on a daily basis and he's really a bitter, old fool now.
Probably could classify him as the biggest Hawk hater on that site.

He and Keith Meeks were my favorite adversaries.
He used to be a pretty regular dude on CF. Now he's just trying too hard to be the new Twins. His latest thing is mocking Joey Labas' name by calling him "Labia", which is weird because I know he has a kid at ISU, as do I. So he's a grown up dad of a college aged kid mocking the last name of another college aged kid by likening it with a female body part. Lol. That's where he is in life. Total clown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT