ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa state fans

• Thread starter anon_snp6dc585nnj4
  • Start date
Anybody that doesn't think Stanley was great yesterday is either ignorant or a troll (or related to Wiegers). On the road for the first time, rivalry game, and down in the 4th quarter and win in OT?! This kid is a stud. Taking away the first half of the Wyoming game, what are his stats?

Reactions: millah_22
Apparently it's also beyond your ability to think rationally instead of embracing exaggerated cliches. Give it a rest man...this is a football board.

Keep this stupid shit off the football board. Go annoy the OT board with this crap

The topic was CyClown fans, I kept on the topic as to why they suck. Apologies you are so easily triggered as to need to feel it necessary to comment on it rather than keep on the topic yourselves. My bad.

The topic was CyClown fans, I kept on the topic as to why they suck. Apologies you are so easily triggered as to need to feel it necessary to comment on it rather than keep on the topic yourselves. My bad.

I don't do "triggered", that's for weak-kneed puzzies. I come here to get away from politics and have fun with football. That's all. We certainly agree on one thing... clowns disgust me too.

Reactions: hawkeye54545
Anybody that doesn't think Stanley was great yesterday is either ignorant or a troll (or related to Wiegers). On the road for the first time, rivalry game, and down in the 4th quarter and win in OT?! This kid is a stud. Taking away the first half of the Wyoming game, what are his stats?

Anybody here played QB? Not me and I'm not a coach, but those deep balls look difficult to hit on target, even by a good QB.

Really? You didn't watch the game Saturday? The gap has been closed. That is a pretty decent football team ya gotta admit. Iowa got all they wanted and then some.

Don't ever talk about not being little brother. Your fan base is a bunch of pathetic losers and this literally is all you care about. This game has made it clear you play one game a year.

We need to dump this series faster than a crack slab whore.

Why post crap like this? What does it accomplish?

Reactions: hawk21
Really? You didn't watch the game Saturday? The gap has been closed. That is a pretty decent football team ya gotta admit. Iowa got all they wanted and then some.

Their coach seems to have a good thing going, but saying the gap has been closed after one game is a bit of a leap. Last year at this time they were dealing with a 42-3 loss. This year we were at their place, breaking in a young new QB, young new WRs, young new TEs, and young new DBs. They have loads of experience on offense and in their defensive backfield. They have a lot of pride and wanted to avenge last year's curb stomping, so I think anyone with a brain knew it wouldn't be an easy win. They have some solid talent, and played much better in the trenches than I think most thought they would. I'd just pump the brakes on saying the gap has been closed. ISU has jumped up and beaten highly ranked teams in recent years, and come close many other times. Does that mean they've closed the gap there as well? I don't think the gap is huge by any means, but one close, hard fought game doesn't mean our programs are on the same level in my opinion.

I am sure they are improved. But I would not just do score comparison as a measure. I think recently we beat Minny, then got crushed by them the next year and then beat them the next. Last year was a curb stomping but they played well this year. And even though he played great in my opinion we had a new QB in his first road start and a new OC in his second game. ISU fans are in a quandary though. Campbell wins 8 games he gone. Jeepers Chizik won like 5 games in 2 years and got the Auburn job. U win 8 games at ISU you are up for national coach of the year.

Reactions: papabeef
ISU is not going to go to a bowl game IMO. They're going to be torched in the Big 12 on defense. While ISU has good WRs, other teams will play 1 gap single safety on them and beat them by 100 because Park isn't very accurate outside the numbers. We played them pretty stupid on defense overall

I think their first conference game at home vs Texas is the key to ISU's season. If they win, I can see 6 or maybe 7 wins. If they lose and get blown out, Im betting they win 4 or 5.

Reactions: Lone Clone
The gap has indeed closed. Iowa's defense the previous week was christened the "best ever" by many hawk fans. ISU hung 40 on them. ISU's weakness is their defense. They will give up a lot of points in the pass happy Big 12 but they may score more. They undoubtedly made great strides going back to the end of last September giving several teams in the Big12 one hell of a game. Your problem is you're comparing the Iowa-ISU game this year to last year without ever watching any other ISU game or you would understand. Imagine the points that would be scored by most other Big 12 teams against Iowa's defense. Just ask Ohio State.

or did iowa st play their best game of the year against iowa , we wont know how good they are for another 5 or 6 games .

Their coach seems to have a good thing going, but saying the gap has been closed after one game is a bit of a leap. Last year at this time they were dealing with a 42-3 loss. This year we were at their place, breaking in a young new QB, young new WRs, young new TEs, and young new DBs. They have loads of experience on offense and in their defensive backfield. They have a lot of pride and wanted to avenge last year's curb stomping, so I think anyone with a brain knew it wouldn't be an easy win. They have some solid talent, and played much better in the trenches than I think most thought they would. I'd just pump the brakes on saying the gap has been closed. ISU has jumped up and beaten highly ranked teams in recent years, and come close many other times. Does that mean they've closed the gap there as well? I don't think the gap is huge by any means, but one close, hard fought game doesn't mean our programs are on the same level in my opinion.
excellent post .

The gap has indeed closed. Iowa's defense the previous week was christened the "best ever" by many hawk fans. ISU hung 40 on them. ISU's weakness is their defense. They will give up a lot of points in the pass happy Big 12 but they may score more. They undoubtedly made great strides going back to the end of last September giving several teams in the Big12 one hell of a game. Your problem is you're comparing the Iowa-ISU game this year to last year without ever watching any other ISU game or you would understand. Imagine the points that would be scored by most other Big 12 teams against Iowa's defense. Just ask Ohio State.

Sorry pal, I live in the Des Moines area, I watch ISU games when they're not up against Iowa's, and read plenty of Randy P's coverage in the Register every week. Last year our SOS and theirs was basically identical. We went 8-4 and they went 3-9. In the second half of the season they lost to a shitty Texas team 27-6, WVU 49-19, and they beat Kansas by a whole TD. Those are great strides? So you're saying what, that since they played OU and OSU close last year and had a solid day exploiting the first-year starters all over our D backfield this year, they've now closed the gap and are on the same level as the Iowa program? Makes zero sense.

Iowas defense is built to be 4-3 base, and we hardly ever go anything other until the red zone. It's built for smashmouth, trench wars like you have in the B1G. Not shootouts like you have in the BXII.

Reactions: papabeef
Iowa's natural grass looked terrible many times and the soil was never the problem.

I never said the soil was the problem. In fact I said it's the most fertile in America.

So since Iowa State's is amazing and Iowa's was not, it tells you two things. Grass can grown quite well and Iowa did a poor job of doing so.

I never said the soil was the problem. In fact I said it's the most fertile in America.

So since Iowa State's is amazing and Iowa's was not, it tells you two things. Grass can grown quite well and Iowa did a poor job of doing so.

I was agreeing with you about Iowa's fertile black soil.

Didnt Iowa have drainage issues? Parts of Iowa's field looked good and other patches looked terrible.

@Clonewithasigh Eat a big ole pile of crow and crawl back into your hole called Cyclonefanatic. Enjoy power 5 status for about 3 more seasons as well.

Scoreboard
tenor.gif

Reactions: Ree4
Sorry pal, I live in the Des Moines area, I watch ISU games when they're not up against Iowa's, and read plenty of Randy P's coverage in the Register every week. Last year our SOS and theirs was basically identical. We went 8-4 and they went 3-9. In the second half of the season they lost to a shitty Texas team 27-6, WVU 49-19, and they beat Kansas by a whole TD. Those are great strides? So you're saying what, that since they played OU and OSU close last year and had a solid day exploiting the first-year starters all over our D backfield this year, they've now closed the gap and are on the same level as the Iowa program? Makes zero sense.
I think you have a somewhat inflated concept of Iowa's level, particularly this year. You most definitely have an inflated concept of Iowa's SOS last year. According to Sagarin, Iowa's SOS last season was 52nd; ISU's was 3rd.
Here are his SOS ratings for recent years:

Iowa....

2016: 52nd
2015: 60th
2014: 43rd
2013: 43rd
2012: 39th
2011: 39th
2010: 49th
2009: 41st

Iowa State.....

2016: 3rd
2015: 15th
2014: 23rd
2013: 23rd
2012: 11th
2011: 2nd
2010: 24th
2009: 71st

That game will do more for this Iowa team than the blowout last year.Time will tell but from what I've read this team is piss with the way they played on D last year Iowa had a blowout and we all know what happen the next week

I think you have a somewhat inflated concept of Iowa's level, particularly this year. You most definitely have an inflated concept of Iowa's SOS last year. According to Sagarin, Iowa's SOS last season was 52nd; ISU's was 3rd.
Here are his SOS ratings for recent years:

Iowa....

2016: 52nd
2015: 60th
2014: 43rd
2013: 43rd
2012: 39th
2011: 39th
2010: 49th
2009: 41st

Iowa State.....

2016: 3rd
2015: 15th
2014: 23rd
2013: 23rd
2012: 11th
2011: 2nd
2010: 24th
2009: 71st

Wrong. At the end of last season Sagarin had Iowa's SOS at #33, and ISU's at #32.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2016/team/

And a big reason ISU's was higher at all is because they got to play 8-4 Iowa, bumping their SOS up, while we had to play 3-9 ISU, dragging ours down. So, you're welcome.

Wrong. At the end of last season Sagarin had Iowa's SOS at #33, and ISU's at #32.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2016/team/

And a big reason ISU's was higher at all is because they got to play 8-4 Iowa, bumping their SOS up, while we had to play 3-9 ISU, dragging ours down. So, you're welcome.
I will have to check on this, since we are both citing the same source. But if you are correct, thank you.

ISU fans are our friends and neighbors. I wish them well when not playing Iowa or UNI. Worry about what ISU fans say or do? Never

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT