ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State Game Replay?

Is there anywhere online I can watch a replay of the game? Already scoped out FoxSports and BTN2Go..no dice. Thanks!
If you get Mediacom, it will be replayed a number of times on CyclonesTV. They have to wait couple days per agreement with the networks, but I think the first showing is Tuesday night at 6:30 pm. It will repeat about every 6 hours for a couple of days, then you can see the Cyclone Express version. I don't remember for sure, but I think the express version has all the plays, but cuts out the down time. Maybe they skip ahead if there is little action, I don't recall.

Is there anywhere online I can watch a replay of the game? Already scoped out FoxSports and BTN2Go..no dice. Thanks!

Direct TV's guide has multiple replays tomorrow. FS1 is the most common channel. The rest are the regional sports channels.

2 PM Ch 219= FS1 (also Tuesday at 8 AM)

6 PM Ch 646= Fox Sports South

6 PM Ch 660= Fox Sports Ohio

7 PM Ch 671=Fox Sports Midwest (the same channel I get the Cardinal games on)

I've only seen the highlights but this is what I noticed on the plays that made the HL reel.

On CJ's big run in the 2nd quarter, James Daniels pancakes 2 ISU defenders and Jordan Walsh is 10 yards down field making the key block to spring him.

mentioned in another thread but Vandeberg's TD, he made a block that got HKC 10 more yards and then hustled down field to have the loose ball right in his hands. Another key block was Tevaun, he blocked a guy that may have beaten Vandy to the loose ball. Also, not sure if it was a pancake or the ISU guy fell down but Boone Meyers crushed the right DE.

Mccarrons TD pass, Boone Meyers crushes the DE

On Kings pick, if Richardson doesn't throw the ball, meier gets a sack.

If you like blocking, watch Canzeri's TD run. Kittle with a pancake that was the deciding block to get JC in the endzone. Boone Meyers blows his guy up. Welsh with a quick help on the NT and then takes out a LB with his arm. Blythe owns the NG. Jordan Walsh pulls and LB has no chance. Adam Cox owns a LB.

If you like blocking, watch Canzeri's TD run. Kittle with a pancake that was the deciding block to get JC in the endzone. Boone Meyers blows his guy up. Welsh with a quick help on the NT and then takes out a LB with his arm. Blythe owns the NG. Jordan Walsh pulls and LB has no chance. Adam Cox owns a LB.

I watched that play 5+ times, it was a thing of beauty. Love it when its hat on hat.

Well you better catch it when it is on this week, because I can guarantee it will never be aired again after this week.

Yet one more feature of the mighty big xii. That Longhorn Network dominated league really knows how to get 'er done!

Yet one more feature of the mighty big xii. That Longhorn Network dominated league really knows how to get 'er done!
I don't know what the Longhorn Network has to do with anything in this thread.

I don't know what the Longhorn Network has to do with anything in this thread.
I can answer that: Nothing. You're responding to someone who (1) doesn't understand the Big XII television policies, and (2) probably doesn't understand the BiG television policies. There's a reflex among some folks to blame Texas for everything, including Global Warming and the designated hitter rule.

I can answer that: Nothing. You're responding to someone who (1) doesn't understand the Big XII television policies, and (2) probably doesn't understand the BiG television policies. There's a reflex among some folks to blame Texas for everything, including Global Warming and the designated hitter rule.

While I may have been willing to allow others to wallow in their lack of understanding, I feel I must respond to a poster that has been wrong on so many items/issues on just this very board.

Let me begin with the obvious question... why would the Iowa - isu game not be replayed more often on Fox? The game from September 5 featuring Iowa and Illinois State was shown multiple times on the BTN. So, tell me/us what limits this from happening with Iowa and isu - especially given the false presumption that this game is so greater in stature and importance to football fans everywhere.

Now, as for the Longhorn Network mention... are you denying its existence? Or, are you lamely trying to establish how solid the Fox Sports Channel deal is given that Texas just had to have its own way once again? Either case, you look foolish. We heard for literally years how the big xii would have a network in place commensurate to the BTN in timing and coverage and what is seen is the 'cyclone network'. Why is an isu network even needed if the Fox package is so good?

There is zero comparison between what the BigTen offers to fans and what you, as the loyal isu fan that is so obsessed with Iowa that you are on this message board nearly each and every day have via whatever it is you think the big xii has available.

Last edited:
While I may have been willing to allow others to wallow in their lack of understanding, I feel I must respond to a poster that has been wrong on so many items/issues on just this very board.

Let me begin with the obvious question... why would the Iowa - isu game not be replayed more often on Fox? The game from September 5 featuring Iowa and Illinois State was shown multiple times on the BTN. So, tell me/us what limits this from happening with Iowa and isu - especially given the false presumption that this game is so greater in stature and importance to football fans everywhere.

Now, as for the Longhorn Network mention... are you denying its existence? Or, are you lamely trying to establish how solid the Fox Sports Channel deal is given that Texas just had to have its own way once again? Either case, you look foolish. We heard for literally years how the big xii would have a network in place soon commensurate to the BTN in timing and coverage and what is seen is the 'cyclone network'. Why is an isu network even needed if the Fox package is so good?

There is zero comparison between what the BigTen offers to fans and what you, as the loyal isu fan that is so obsessed with Iowa that you are on this message board nearly each and every day have via whatever it is you think the big xii has available.
Golly. There is so much misunderstanding (and I'm being kind using that word) in your reply, that it isn't worth my time trying to respond to it. You don't want the truth anyway.

As long as there is Cyclone talk on this board, I will be here. When it goes away, you won't see much of me.

Golly. There is so much misunderstanding (and I'm being kind using that word) in your reply, that it isn't worth my time trying to respond to it. You don't want the truth anyway.

As long as there is Cyclone talk on this board, I will be here. When it goes away, you won't see much of me.

Don't be shy... set the record straight for all to see.

As for YOU and LC and others being on 'this board', try not to break any limbs patting yourself on the back. As just one example, I have never felt the need to post anything on an isu message board even though the volume of activity 'talking' about the University of Iowa Hawks is usually rampant.

Carry on.

Don't be shy... set the record straight for all to see.

As for YOU and LC and others being on 'this board', try not to break any limbs patting yourself on the back. As just one example, I have never felt the need to post anything on an isu message board even though the volume of activity 'talking' about the University of Iowa Hawks is usually rampant.

Carry on.
You probably never went to Iowa State University. Both Lone Clone and I are alumni of the University of Iowa.

Now, as for the Longhorn Network mention... are you denying its existence? Or, are you lamely trying to establish how solid the Fox Sports Channel deal is given that Texas just had to have its own way once again? Either case, you look foolish. We heard for literally years how the big xii would have a network in place commensurate to the BTN in timing and coverage and what is seen is the 'cyclone network'. Why is an isu network even needed if the Fox package is so good?

I'm trying to think if it's worth the effort to explain the television contracts that relate to members of both conferences, and based on your posts -- in this thread and over the years -- I really don't think it is.

You probably never went to Iowa State University. Both Lone Clone and I are alumni of the University of Iowa.

Speaking of irrelevant to the topic at hand....

So what? That is supposed to make you and your best pal LC right? Don't think so.

Why don't you let Fox know this tidbit and see if that alters how many times isu games are replayed.

Speaking of irrelevant to the topic at hand....

So what? That is supposed to make you and your best pal LC right? Don't think so.

Why don't you let Fox know this tidbit and see if that alters how many times isu games are replayed.
Seriously, here's a reasonable, relevant suggestion.

Why don't you explain what you think the Longhorn network has to do with the number of times the ISU-Iowa game will be replayed? If your explanation makes sense, Psyclone and I will have learned something. If it doesn't, we can explain where you have erred and you will have learned something.

Seriously, here's a reasonable, relevant suggestion.

Why don't you explain what you think the Longhorn network has to do with the number of times the ISU-Iowa game will be replayed? If your explanation makes sense, Psyclone and I will have learned something. If it doesn't, we can explain where you have erred and you will have learned something.

The reason he brings up the Longhorn Network is because it should really be the Big XII Network, but since Texas is/used to be the straw that stirred the Big XII drink they just turned what should have been the Big XII network into the Longhorn Network. I don't think he really thought, they'd replay the game there just mocking ISU and the Big XII because everyone always associate the Big XII with Texas. It would be like the BTN being called OSUN or Buckeye Network. It still doesn't change the fact that replays of ISU games are few and far between unless you have CyclonesTV (garbage) with Mediacom or are unemployed/retired so you could catch the replay at 2PM on FS1. I set my DVR because I work for a living and was able to cut an hour of HD from my DVR.

You and Psyclone are pretty dense if a lowly Kirkwood graduate had to explain that to a couple of U of I alums.

The reason he brings up the Longhorn Network is because it should really be the Big XII Network, but since Texas is/used to be the straw that stirred the Big XII drink they just turned what should have been the Big XII network into the Longhorn Network. I don't think he really thought, they'd replay the game there just mocking ISU and the Big XII because everyone always associate the Big XII with Texas. It would be like the BTN being called OSUN or Buckeye Network. It still doesn't change the fact that replays of ISU games are few and far between unless you have CyclonesTV (garbage) with Mediacom or are unemployed/retired so you could catch the replay at 2PM on FS1. I set my DVR because I work for a living and was able to cut an hour of HD from my DVR.

You and Psyclone are pretty dense if a lowly Kirkwood graduate had to explain that to a couple of U of I alums.
The Big XII lets members retain third-tier rights (which is how the Longhorn Network and Cyclone TV) operate. This is why last year, I could watch all the ISU men's basketball games live but you (or I, for that matter) couldn't watch some of the Iowa games.

There was a list earlier of replays of the ISU-Iowa game. You were smart enough to know how to program a DVR -- probably because you are a Kirkwood guy rather than an Iowa guy -- and the list didn't include any rebroadcasts on the Cyclone channel.

Speaking of which, here is something that apparently some of the posters here don't realize: If you record a game when it is broadcase, you can watch it again as often as you want, whenever you want. You don't have to wait until the Big Ten Network decides to show it again.

Say......maybe you can pick up some cash from Iowa fans, hiring out to program their DVRs for them!

Last edited:

I love this response by clone and husker fans too. Yet they make this claim and then there are non ISU and husker threads they keep chiming in on. Give me a break

For some reason your rivals is a pay site but let's be honest other free sites like the cyclone fanatic out there if all you want to due is discuss clone sports. Are you really surprised ISU is being discussed couple days after Iowa ISU game?

I love this response by clone and husker fans too. Yet they make this claim and then there are non ISU and husker threads they keep chiming in on. Give me a break

For some reason your rivals is a pay site but let's be honest other free sites like the cyclone fanatic out there if all you want to due is discuss clone sports. Are you really surprised ISU is being discussed couple days after Iowa ISU game?
Speaking for myself, (1) I almost never start threads here, and when I do, they are about Iowa; (2) those of us who live in Eastern Iowa are accustomed to discussing the Hawkeyes a great deal because most people around here who talk sports are Hawkeye fans and the media are huge Hawkeye boosters. So it doesn't occur to me that this is a topic I shouldn't discuss.

Speaking for myself, (1) I almost never start threads here, and when I do, they are about Iowa; (2) those of us who live in Eastern Iowa are accustomed to discussing the Hawkeyes a great deal because most people around here who talk sports are Hawkeye fans and the media are huge Hawkeye boosters. So it doesn't occur to me that this is a topic I shouldn't discuss.
Well I'm a bit luckier than you Lone Clone. I work at a place that is filed with ISU graduates, so I do get to talk about the Cyclones frequently. I also work with a few Iowa graduates that are good people and I enjoy discussing both Iowa and Iowa State sports with them.

The Big XII lets members retain third-tier rights (which is how the Longhorn Network and Cyclone TV) operate. This is why last year, I could watch all the ISU men's basketball games live but you (or I, for that matter) couldn't watch some of the Iowa games.

There was a list earlier of replays of the ISU-Iowa game. You were smart enough to know how to program a DVR -- probably because you are a Kirkwood guy rather than an Iowa guy -- and the list didn't include any rebroadcasts on the Cyclone channel.

Speaking of which, here is something that apparently some of the posters here don't realize: If you record a game when it is broadcase, you can watch it again as often as you want, whenever you want. You don't have to wait until the Big Ten Network decides to show it again.

Say......maybe you can pick up some cash from Iowa fans, hiring out to program their DVRs for them!
The great thing about the rebroadcast on CyclonesTV is that they cut the commercials out for you. So that would really be the broadcast to save on the DVR.

The other factor is the population in Big 12 states is much less than the Big 10 states. That dramatically changes the business model.

I analyzed the revenue that the Big 10 network would bring in from subscribers a year before Mediacom and Comcast caved in to their demands. Fox really got away with murder. Part of the Murdoch empire held stakes in both Fox and DirecTV. People were dumping cable for DirecTV before the cable companies caved in. DirecTV only paid about a dime per subscriber, but Liberty Media was picking up subscribers. I was surprised that didn't raise some legal questions.

Once all the major cable companies in the Big 10 footprint signed on at somewhere between $0.70 and $1.30, there was revenue windfall. I had no idea what BTN expenses or advertising revenue was, but subscription revenue alone was huge. The Big 12 would not have been able to duplicate those revenues on the same scale. But you can imagine the expenses would be about the same. The business model may not have worked for the Big 12, certainly not to the level of BTN.

Almost all Big 12 football and men's basketball are on a network somewhere. They hold back a football game for each school's tier 3 network and probably do something similar for basketball. But for people who like to follow volleyball, women's basketball, soccer, wrestling, gymnastics, softball and other spectator sports, CycloneTV is great. Basically all home games and meets are picked up if they haven't already been picked up by a network.

Not all schools have a dedicated network. Texas and Iowa State are the only ones I know of. Some schools have an online network. Others have agreements with major cable networks, but none are full time networks other than Iowa State and Texas the last I knew.

As people cut the cord with cable it is going to get interesting what BTN does to keep revenues at the same level. It's going to be challenging, like it will be for ESPN and many other networks. I'm not smart enough to know how this is all going to play out. My guess is revenues will fall, and sports fans will be paying more for sports networks. The next round of contract negotiations could get interesting and provide a clue to where things are headed.

is there any places to stream the replay? reading thru the tread it looks like only rebroadcasts which I was out of town and on vacation so didn't get to watch the game. I am a lowly Kirkwood grad but I am a Bismarck State College grad too so hopefully both those combined would be enough for me to set my DVR but apparently it wasn't :) Thought I set it before I left but it didnt record so either my DVR was full or I messed up the big red "easy" button

is there any places to stream the replay? reading thru the tread it looks like only rebroadcasts which I was out of town and on vacation so didn't get to watch the game. I am a lowly Kirkwood grad but I am a Bismarck State College grad too so hopefully both those combined would be enough for me to set my DVR but apparently it wasn't :) Thought I set it before I left but it didnt record so either my DVR was full or I messed up the big red "easy" button

BTN2GO has it as well

is there any places to stream the replay? reading thru the tread it looks like only rebroadcasts which I was out of town and on vacation so didn't get to watch the game. I am a lowly Kirkwood grad but I am a Bismarck State College grad too so hopefully both those combined would be enough for me to set my DVR but apparently it wasn't :) Thought I set it before I left but it didn't record so either my DVR was full or I messed up the big red "easy" button

[sarcasm]
"Why would you care about the Iowa game? You didn't graduate from there. Freakin' Tavern Hawk."

99.9% of Americans today do not know it is illegal to attend, purchase merchandise from, or offer any other type of financial or emotional support to the athletic program(s) associated with institution(s) of higher learning that said individual did not personally attend for more than 12 consecutive calendar months. Yeah. It is an obscure law that was hidden in the Civil Rights legislation from the 60s to keep schools like Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Texas, USC, etc. from gaining a seemingly unfair competitive advantage by the marketing bump often associated with sustained success that the school itself didn't actually pay for. Every Justice Department since the law went into effect has simply refused to prosecute it. It is the Cyclones' aspiration to finally right this outrageous wrong and enforce the law.
[/sarcasm]

heat_dawg I got the Pitt game on my DVR and was able to watch it but the Iowa State game was the one I missed. Other than getting a subscription to the Cyclone Network I havent found the game anywhere else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT