ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State - Houston

Don't tell Mr. Birch but I'm enjoying watching his stupid team play. I'd love to see a crazy Houston comeback though.

Reactions: Moral
Lipsey grew up right down the street for me. He needed to work on his 3 point shooting. He clearly has

My 50 bet on ISU to win it all pays 1,500 and change. I like their chances in the tourney.

Athletes. Athletes Fran
You lost $50

I'm not sure how T.J. finds and gets these recruits.

He’s been doing it for 20 years. Did you see all the guys he recruited to ISU before he became head coach? Like 7-8 guys that went to the NBA. He knows talent better than most.

Zero Patrick McCaffery’s. PMac would get 0.0 minutes for TJ. He’d never get on the floor under any circumstances.

ISU is just a better bball program overall than Iowa’s program. During the Tom Davis years Iowa was right there with them.

I may be misremembering but during Fran’s time at Iowa, Hoiberg and TJ’s teams have been better. Prohm struggled. Seems like ISU bball has just had a lot more momentum from fan support, arena set up, etc….

Their fans pack Kansas City every year for the conference tourney

ISU blows out the #1 team in the country to win the Big 12 Tournament Championship.

Iowa loses game 1 to the 10 seed by 12 points.

It’s always about the players. Always.

McCaffery does not recruit well enough to win big. Never has.

The crazy thing is ISU will be even better next year. Craziness.

ISU blows out the #1 team in the country to win the Big 12 Tournament Championship.

Iowa loses game 1 to the 10 seed by 12 points.

It’s always about the players. Always.

McCaffery does not recruit well enough to win big. Never has.

The crazy thing is ISU will be even better next year. Craziness.
They also have a sugar daddy that funds basketball to get the players.

ISU is just a better bball program overall than Iowa’s program. During the Tom Davis years Iowa was right there with them.

I may be misremembering but during Fran’s time at Iowa, Hoiberg and TJ’s teams have been better. Prohm struggled. Seems like ISU bball has just had a lot more momentum from fan support, arena set up, etc….

Their fans pack Kansas City every year for the conference tourney

They have a better fan base for mens basketball.

Part of that is due to the lame 25 years of Iowa BBall

ISU plays a rough style of defense. Will be interesting how that is reffed in the tournament. If they’re allowed to play that style they’ll be a tough out.
Exactly. If my team were a 7 or 10 seed, I would want to play Iowa St over any other potential 2 seeds. There are some nights they can't score, & if refs don't allow for a physical game, they're beatable.

• Haha
Reactions: waterboy4582
They have a better fan base for mens basketball.

Part of that is due to the lame 25 years of Iowa BBall

I would argue their fan base for football is pretty damn good too. They’ve had way more dogshit teams that decent ones and their fans still support them. They aren’t bottom dwellers of that conference annually anymore. Now its hardly ever.

ISU is so far ahead they've put in their 2 white guys, @GOHOX69 ;)

Big Brother Popcorn GIF by Pop TV

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT