ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State - Houston

I actually agree, not sure when using the body of work that they are the lowest 2 seed. Houston was #1 a large chunk of the year and ISU beat them twice.
You beat the team thats in front of you... that's all that matters at this point BUT... it looks bad that 3 of the 4 number 1 seeds lost yesterday and all 4 are still one seeds. Got a feeling at least 1 or 2 of these teams will not come close to making their seed in the final 4......that will be on the selection committee for blowing the seeding.

This year could be like the year 1 seed Michigan St beat 2 seed Iowa St in the elite 8 and they were the 2 highest remaining seeds.

The thing is, they pretty much have the field set prior to Conf. Championships.
...and the fix is in.

ISU was ranked #7.....they beat the #1 team by almost 30.....and finish the lowest 2 seed or #8. You have 3 of the 4 number 1 seeds get beat and nobody drops from a 1?

Having memories back to the Michigan St /ISU elite 8 game where ISU led nearly the whole game until it rained bad calls all against ISU and MSU won the game and title.

They not only have the field set.....they have there winners decided too. If ISU gets to the elite 8 against UConn....bank on foul trouble for ISU.

...and the fix is in.

ISU was ranked #7.....they beat the #1 team by almost 30.....and finish the lowest 2 seed or #8. You have 3 of the 4 number 1 seeds get beat and nobody drops from a 1?

Having memories back to the Michigan St /ISU elite 8 game where ISU led nearly the whole game until it rained bad calls all against ISU and MSU won the game and title.

They not only have the field set.....they have there winners decided too. If ISU gets to the elite 8 against UConn....bank on foul trouble for ISU.
Unfortunately for Iowa State (and Iowa for that matter) we (both) don't sell pop corn. Will be interesting to see how the Iowa Women do...their draw is brutal, which given the national draw of CC, absolutely surprised me.

I'm a die hard Hawkeye fan. Graduated from there, not a tavern Hawkeye fan.

But ISU is so fun to watch.

I still hate their fans though.
So if you grew up going to Iowa games since you were little and are a hard core Iowa fan donating money to the program but didn't go do college because your career didn't require a degree you're not a real Hawkeye fan?

So if you grew up going to Iowa games since you were little and are a hard core Iowa fan donating money to the program but didn't go do college because your career didn't require a degree you're not a real Hawkeye fan?

Pretty much. Kinda sickening huh

Reactions: beanerhawk
I actually agree, not sure when using the body of work that they are the lowest 2 seed. Houston was #1 a large chunk of the year and ISU beat them twice.
I don't disagree but ISU's OOC schedule - the one they control - was god-awful. The committee has made no secret that it factors into their assessment in a big way.

I don't disagree but ISU's OOC schedule - the one they control - was god-awful. The committee has made no secret that it factors into their assessment in a big way.
That was an excuse....they didnt expect ISU to win, let alone blow out the #1 team blowing up all their predetermined brackets. They had to come up with an excuse to cover.

Can you shed some light on UNC? How can the #4 team get beat by 8 by an unranked team and still keep their 1 seed?

The answer? They are an entitled basketball blue blood. (While ISU is not).

Unfortunately for Iowa State (and Iowa for that matter) we (both) don't sell pop corn. Will be interesting to see how the Iowa Women do...their draw is brutal, which given the national draw of CC, absolutely surprised me.
$$$$$$$

The Iowa women situation also shows how the NCAA puts $$$ ahead of what the brackets should be.

Yes....for their seed Iowa got a very bad draw. The why is simple. Clark will be the showcase and prime marketer. Do you think they want to showcase her against weaker opponents or have as many chances as possible to showcase her for maximum $$$ against better opponents?

If Clark wasn't Clark Iowa would have gotten an easier draw.

Last edited:
Reactions: TailgateTom
Can you shed some light on UNC? How can the #4 team get beat by 8 by an unranked team and still keep their 1 seed?

The answer? They are an entitled basketball blue blood. (While ISU is not).
Of course they are. That's why OOC they played Tennessee, and Kentucky, and UConn, and Oklahoma (who beat ISU and was ranked 7th at the time), and Arkansas (after they beat Purdue in an exhibition game, beat Duke, and was ranked 20th) and usually good program Villanova. You schedule like you can beat anyone.

Outed yourself. And then act like donating money makes you a superior fan? GTFO

But you should keep looking down at good people that cheer for Iowa that didn't need to get a degree for their future though from your high horse.

I'm not looking down on anyone. I was pointing out that I went to Iowa, as posting anything positive about ISU gets you ripped on here sometimes

Of course they are. That's why OOC they played Tennessee, and Kentucky, and UConn, and Oklahoma (who beat ISU and was ranked 7th at the time), and Arkansas (after they beat Purdue in an exhibition game, beat Duke, and was ranked 20th) and usually good program Villanova. You schedule like you can beat anyone.
Too much emphasis on non conference....early in the season when most non conference games are played the teams are generally more equal than later.

Probably a good thing your Tardheels scheduled heavy NC. The ACC is not the toughest conference. This year the Big 12 was #1 while the ACC finished #4. In NCAA berths B12 is dancing 8 while ACC sends 5.

There was no need for ISU to schedule a heavier NC as strong as the B12 was. As for the Oklahoma win? Yup you beat them at home....so did ISU but lost on the road. Conference play against good teams makes you stronger cuz you have to play them twice.

AP got it right. #4 ISU #5UNC. Too bad the tourney didn't bracket it that way.....barring any upsets it would have been a great elite 8 matchup.

Last edited:
Too much emphasis on non conference....early in the season when most non conference games are played the teams are generally more equal than later.

Probably a good thing your Tardheels scheduled heavy NC. The ACC is not the toughest conference. This year the Big 12 was #1 while the ACC finished #4. In NCAA berths B12 is dancing 8 while ACC sends 5.

There was no need for ISU to schedule a heavier NC as strong as the B12 was. As for the Oklahoma win? Yup you beat them at home....so did ISU but lost on the road. Conference play against good teams makes you stronger cuz you have to play them twice.

AP got it right. #4 ISU #5UNC. Too bad the tourney didn't bracket it that way.....barring any upsets it would have been a great elite 8 matchup.
Numbers in the big dance are hardly indicative. The B1G placed more teams than the ACC last year. They didn't get any past the Sweet Sixteen. The ACC was in the FF.

The selection committee has, for years, emphasized OOC scheduling. It's cost bubble teams spots. ISU knows that as well as anyone.

Numbers in the big dance are hardly indicative. The B1G placed more teams than the ACC last year. They didn't get any past the Sweet Sixteen. The ACC was in the FF.

The selection committee has, for years, emphasized OOC scheduling. It's cost bubble teams spots. ISU knows that as well as anyone.
Face it......the selection committee didn't want 2 ones from the B12 and none from the ACC. It's ok to accept that your team is the token #1 from the ACC.

Their cover up even went so far as to drop ISU to 8th and as the bottom 2 if they aren't upset they have to face the top 1. Least chance of ISU making it to the final 4 and expose their corrupt rankings.

I fully get what March Madne$$ is really all about.

Last edited:
Face it......the selection committee didn't want 2 ones from the B12 and none from the ACC.

Their cover up even went so far as to drop ISU to 8th and as the bottom 2 if they aren't upset they have to face the top 1. Least chance of ISU making it to the final 4 and expose their corrupt rankings.

LOL...so it's just persecution of the Big 12? I mean the ACC has had two 1-seeds multiple times. So has the B1G. So has the Big East. Hell, the Pac 10 had two #1 seeds in 2000. Poor Big 12.

*gasp* The Big 12 had two #1 seeds in 2003 (none from the ACC that year). Maybe the persecution is more recent.

*GASP* You might want to look at #1 seeds from last year. Spoiler alert, Houston and Kansas both play in the Big 12. Let me know how many ACC teams you see.

Last edited:
LOL...so it's just persecution of the Big 12? I mean the ACC has had two 1-seeds multiple times. So has the B1G. So has the Big East. Hell, the Pac 10 had two #1 seeds in 2000. Poor Big 12.

*gasp* The Big 12 had two #1 seeds in 2003 (none from the ACC that year). Maybe the persecution is more recent.

*GASP* You might want to look at #1 seeds from last year. Spoiler alert, Houston and Kansas both play in the Big 12. Let me know how many ACC teams you see.
Thank you for proving my point.

NCAA isn't going to 1 seed 2 Big 12 teams and no ACC for 2 years in a row. Not going to happen.

AP doesn't care if the blue bloods in the ACC get butthurt. They got it right.

Thank you for proving my point.

NCAA isn't going to 1 seed 2 Big 12 teams and no ACC for 2 years in a row. Not going to happen.

AP doesn't care if the blue bloods in the ACC get butthurt. They got it right.
LOL...keep moving the goal posts. ISU knew the deal, same as everyone else. They scheduled cupcakes and it cost them...same as everyone else.

I don’t have a dog in this fight, but Houston wasn’t a Big 12 team last season.

• Haha
Reactions: stickman80
...and the fix is in.

I remember that game. Mich St closed out the game 28 to 4 or something like that. ISU coach was ejected.

That was the real national championship. In no way should ISU have been a 2 seed that season.
Yup...elite 8 had a 2 seed (ISU) and 1 seed (MSU) left. Refs took ISU out late in game calling phantom fouls while MSU was allowed to mug them. Shirley picked up a bunch of fouls in seconds, fouled out, and sat on the bench bawling. (And did write about it in his book).

Michigan St completely dominated their 2 opponents in the final 4.

No pic is a clone......she was so depressed my balls turned blue.

Yup...elite 8 had a 2 seed (ISU) and 1 seed (MSU) left. Refs took ISU out late in game calling phantom fouls while MSU was allowed to mug them. Shirley picked up a bunch of fouls in seconds, fouled out, and sat on the bench bawling. (And did write about it in his book).

Michigan St completely dominated their 2 opponents in the final 4.

No pic is a clone......she was so depressed my balls turned blue.
Eustachy could’ve murdered those refs that night and all non-MSU fans would’ve understood completely.

Ope! Maybe @tarheelbybirth has me on ignore?
Sorry...didn't see it. Yep, I forgot this was their first year in the B12...doesn't change anything, however. The idea that there's some kind of grand conspiracy is total horseshit...based on it never being a problem to have two...and even three teams...from the same conference as #1 seeds previously.

Sorry...didn't see it. Yep, I forgot this was their first year in the B12...doesn't change anything, however. The idea that there's some kind of grand conspiracy is total horseshit...based on it never being a problem to have two...and even three teams...from the same conference as #1 seeds previously.
No conspiracy.......they want $$$$$$ and that can create situations where they have to throw some schools/conferences a token bone to avoid hurt feelings and lost revenue.

Face it......the selection committee didn't want 2 ones from the B12 and none from the ACC. It's ok to accept that your team is the token #1 from the ACC.

I think you’re overthinking this.

The bracket was mostly set before the weekend and those conference tourney games didn’t really matter for seeding.

The bracket was mostly set before the weekend and those conference tourney games didn’t really matter for seeding.
That is obvious. You have 3 of the 4 ones lose and noone loses their 1 seed. That includes the lowest 1 who shit the bed and lost to an unranked team by 8.

AP got it right. ISU #4. UNC #5.
Apparently the selection committee loves bedshitters.

That is obvious. You have 3 of the 4 ones lose and noone loses their 1 seed. That includes the lowest 1 who shit the bed and lost to an unranked team by 8.
Sad Kid GIF

AP got it right. ISU #4. UNC #5.
Apparently the selection committee loves bedshitters.
FIFY

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT