ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs Iowa State 9/11

hawkfeever

HR Heisman
Aug 5, 2016
Will ISU fans try to abuse us Hawk fans for all of this? I mean we didn't have anything to do with it. We revel in it for sure, but that is what Big Brothers do to their little brothers. Do Iowa fans need to contract some security if they are heading to the game in September?

• Haha
Reactions: weeterkane
I have 16 tickets and would not step foot in Story County that weekend for anything. And for Clones who follow all my posts I gave 8 to Clone fans and gave 6 to Hawks amd 2 to Nebbie fans (good client). I am guesssing my accountant will help on the write off since given away free.

I have 16 tickets and would not step foot in Story County that weekend for anything. And for Clones who follow all my posts I gave 8 to Clone fans and gave 6 to Hawks amd 2 to Nebbie fans (good client). I am guesssing my accountant will help on the write off since given away free.

What is wrong with you for giving tickets to Nebby fans for the biggest game in our state!? I would have gladly taken them. I won't have anything happen because I won't run my mouth and just cheer for the Hawks.

you should never give tickets to the opposing fan base. That’s a bad job out of you.

What is wrong with you for giving tickets to Nebby fans for the biggest game in our state!? I would have gladly taken them. I won't have anything happen because I won't run my mouth and just cheer for the Hawks.
I am sure I can get you 2 if you want.

• Love
Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Hell I have a client that asked today if I want 4. He will be in Palm Springs. I will pay and give them away. Like I said, so long as I am not close to Story County in September I will get tickets and give them away.

I might take you up on that... always hard to plan too much with 2 little ones.
Simple most people know who I am. Not per se in a great way!😀. Call my firm and I can work on it for you. Guys, I don’t like ISU but then ISU clients that pay 6 figures a year in fees, sorry I will give them some tickets. But just call and can see what all I have.

Will ISU fans try to abuse us Hawk fans for all of this? I mean we didn't have anything to do with it. We revel in it for sure, but that is what Big Brothers do to their little brothers. Do Iowa fans need to contract some security if they are heading to the game in September?
Is our band going

Reactions: Simbahawk4
I am guessing you have Wanted posters out there for you.

• Haha
Reactions: bozotheclown
Like many of you, I have no interest in stepping foot in Ames, much less inside Trice. Second only to Arizona circa 2010 as the most rube-infested, abusive environment I've ever experienced. (and yes, we can all come up with isolated incidents in Iowa City or anywhere, there are twits everywhere. The overall volume, frequency and consistency in Ames is different)

Oh, and Hickory Park is the most overrated restaurant you'll ever hear about. I turn out better BBQ on my deck...hands down. Never understood the obsession with that place. Then again, Ames is a town where .521 gets you a statue...so you know, the bar is low.

Last edited:
Like many of you, I have no interest in stepping foot in Ames, much less inside Trice. Second only to Arizona circa 2010 as the most rube-infested, abusive environment I've ever experienced.
Oh, and Hickory Park is the most overrated restaurant you'll ever hear about. I turn out better BBQ on my deck...hands down. Never understood the obsession with that place. Then again, Ames is a town where .521 gets you a statue...so you know, the bar is low.
The one thing that makes me want to go is if Iowa just lays a beating on them it will be like a funeral in there. Literally.

The one thing that makes me want to go is if Iowa just lays a beating on them it will be like a funeral in there. Literally.

doesn’t even have to be a beating. In some ways the loss two years ago on a muffed punt has to feel worse. Yeah, we don’t know whether they’d have scored or not, but I sure am glad I didn’t have to sweat the final minute out.

seems Iowa used to find ways to piss this game away (from 2001 to 2007) so they owe us at least another one. This year would be completely delightful!

Right now Iowa is little brother. ISU will be preseason top 10.
Preseason top 10, likely. ISU being big brother without having actually beaten the Hawkeyes in years, nope. If ISU wins this year (they actually should), still nope. If they don't, there will be such a meltdown and it will be fun to watch.

If the Cyclones win the next 4-5 years, they have caught up and possibly surpassed the Hawks. Don't hold your breath.

Jeepers got some crap about giving tickets away to non-Iowa fans. Most of my Hawk clients and friends either have tickets or like me would never go especially now. So I have given tickets to clients that ran out of tickets or friends. I will surely have more tickets and they are given away. I will never go to that stadium again.

Will we still play Iowa State when they move to the Mountain West? Would be also then schedule some other big name team?

Will we still play Iowa State when they move to the Mountain West? Would be also then schedule some other big name team?
I cannot answer that but let me identify a couple variables that would drive the decision. First, if ISU does not end up in the Big 10 amd Iowa is somehow the reason than for political reasons I assume we play them. Second, did we expand amd have another conference game which would leave us only 2 OOC games. Then we either don’t and schedule a P5 team or maybe a 2 on and 2 off. Third, at that point they have no leverage so do we play them each year but at Kinnick only. When we only played 8 conference games and played ISU (P5) we also played multiple other P5 teams. We now only have 3 OOC games and ISU is P5 but if it goes to only 2 OOC games and ISU is not P5 then we would only play them for political reason IMO.

I cannot answer that but let me identify a couple variables that would drive the decision. First, if ISU does not end up in the Big 10 amd Iowa is somehow the reason than for political reasons I assume we play them. Second, did we expand amd have another conference game which would leave us only 2 OOC games. Then we either don’t and schedule a P5 team or maybe a 2 on and 2 off. Third, at that point they have no leverage so do we play them each year but at Kinnick only. When we only played 8 conference games and played ISU (P5) we also played multiple other P5 teams. We now only have 3 OOC games and ISU is P5 but if it goes to only 2 OOC games and ISU is not P5 then we would only play them for political reason IMO.

We will play the Clowns as long as KF/Barta are in charge. Guaranteed sellout and a game the Hawks should win 8 out of 10 times.

This will be a tough game, no doubt. They've been inching closer to beating us the past few years and this might be their best team in a generation.

QB- ISU
RBs- ISU (Breece Hall is better than anyone we have, and even though our overall stable of backs is probably stronger, ISU gets the advantage here)
O Line- Iowa
WRs- ISU
D Line- Iowa
LBs- toss-up
DBs- toss-up

If it's one of those low-scoring/rock-fight type of games that Iowa wants to play, we've got a good shot to win. ISU wins if it's any other type of game.

Like many of you, I have no interest in stepping foot in Ames, much less inside Trice. Second only to Arizona circa 2010 as the most rube-infested, abusive environment I've ever experienced. (and yes, we can all come up with isolated incidents in Iowa City or anywhere, there are twits everywhere. The overall volume, frequency and consistency in Ames is different)

Hickory park is the most perplexing restaurant I've ever eaten ate. I've gone twice to give them a second chance. A 15-20 minute wait each time, huge place that is absolutely packed, locals just rave about it; It's awful. I've never had more dry, bland BBQ. Ribs were like leather. BBops across the street is a much better choice.

Hickory park is the most perplexing restaurant I've ever eaten ate. I've gone twice to give them a second chance. A 15-20 minute wait each time, huge place that is absolutely packed, locals just rave about it; It's awful. I've never had more dry, bland BBQ. Ribs were like leather. BBops across the street is a much better choice.

Like I said...the bar is low in Ames.

This will be a tough game, no doubt. They've been inching closer to beating us the past few years and this might be their best team in a generation.

QB- ISU
RBs- ISU (Breece Hall is better than anyone we have, and even though our overall stable of backs is probably stronger, ISU gets the advantage here)
O Line- Iowa
WRs- ISU
D Line- Iowa
LBs- toss-up
DBs- toss-up

If it's one of those low-scoring/rock-fight type of games that Iowa wants to play, we've got a good shot to win. ISU wins if it's any other type of game.

I wouldn't trade lb's and db's with them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT