ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs OK State

Can you explain what you think this says about Caliendo?
It tells me that he is nothing any more special than Kennedy and IF he could make it to 157 it might make the lineup better for next year. Like I hypothesized about 50 posts ago. They are both probably 5-8th place kind of guys, give or take the draws. If there isn't anyone better to take 157 - that was my very simple little statement. Whether he could do it or not, I have no idea.

Caliendo beat Kennedy when he was getting into match shape. I would say they are pretty evenly matched at this point. But to dive in a bit deaper - who has the better win this year? Kennedy handled Ruth pretty impressively. Who has Caliendo beaten in that range?

Kennedy had been back for over a month when Caliendo dusted him at the SS. How much time does he need to get into "match shape"?

Edmond Ruth...eh. Solid to good win. Not great.

Reactions: el dub
Agree with you. This move up or move down or red shirt crap gets old.
I don’t get it. Back to the cult of personality.

If we don’t start plugging in blue chips rather than expecting mid level talent to magically blossom two weights up or down, we ain’t getting far….

Reactions: Fan In Black
Agree with you. This move up or move down or red shirt crap gets old.
Interesting. Why would fans of a team you aren’t even a fan of hypothesizing about the best possible lineup they can make, based on their current roster, matter to you so much? Let alone saving kids who could seriously benefit from a year in the room, where both(Arnold and Kueter) would end up wrestling undersized at the weights they would most likely go this year if they did?

Reactions: 1stplacehawk
Even Penn State, the no-doubt best team in the country in the last decade, knows they don't have an environment that holds a candle to Oklahoma State and Iowa.
U serious? You been to Rec Hall and you really feel it isn’t close to the same environment?

I don’t get it. Back to the cult of personality.

If we don’t start plugging in blue chips rather than expecting mid level talent to magically blossom two weights up or down, we ain’t getting far….
The two out of the 3 mid level guys we have that bumped levels did it at another college. Same with two transfers that PSU landed this year. Even Mesenbrink was only ranked 18th his senior year, could argue in high school he was a high mid level guy, who is top shelf in 2 nd year in college, one at small school. The Estrada kid isn’t top 30, so we need Caliendo like luck for him to ever start

Reactions: el dub
The two out of the 3 mid level guys we have that bumped levels did it at another college. Same with two transfers that PSU landed this year. Even Mesenbrink was only ranked 18th his senior year, could argue in high school he was a high mid level guy, who is top shelf in 2 nd year in college, one at small school. The Estrada kid isn’t top 30, so we need Caliendo like luck for him to ever start
We need luck for him to do well in March but he’s about the level of guy we target currently. I’m rooting for him to do well.

Kennedy had been back for over a month when Caliendo dusted him at the SS. How much time does he need to get into "match shape"?

Edmond Ruth...eh. Solid to good win. Not great.
Do Glazier and Teske have Covid year to use if they wanted?
Thanks in advance..

Reactions: savage84
Congrats on the big win, Iowa looked solid and from the little I know seemed to exceed expectations or perform as well as you could hope for. It’s great to see them end the season on a solid note.

I was doing stuff but Caliendo and Kennedy wrestled hard, they stood out to me. Not taking away from anyone else’s effort of course . From what I have seen that might have been the most aggressive I’ve seen them wrestle as a team in some time. However I’m not seeing every match.

Good luck in the near future.

Glazier could return. I'm pretty sure Teske is done.

Signs point to a Glazier return as he has a year available and didn’t participate in senior day.

Teske is done. 2 years each at PSU, UNI, and Iowa.

Congrats on the big win, Iowa looked solid and from the little I know seemed to exceed expectations or perform as well as you could hope for. It’s great to see them end the season on a solid note.

I was doing stuff but Caliendo and Kennedy wrestled hard, they stood out to me. Not taking away from anyone else’s effort of course . From what I have seen that might have been the most aggressive I’ve seen them wrestle as a team in some time. However I’m not seeing every match.

Good luck in the near future.
I think, my opinion only , you watched the whole dual.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT