ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs OK State

Rec Hall is a solid environment it's just not real rowdy and loud . Even Cael made a comment about it this year. And I have been to them all. But it's definitely at the top still for wrestling
its not loud and rowdy because being at PSU wrestling In REC HALL is the " IN THING TO DO " for a lot of the alumni donors who never wrestled and many are older than Moses. They come for the status of giving thousands of dollars and want it to be known that they donated all that money to be near mat side. They get there 2 hours early like its a Blue Plate dinner special and claim their seats even though most are reserved seats. This crowd is usually quieter and more subdued than when they wrestle at the Bryce Jordan Center which can hold about 15,000 and man do they crawl out of the wood work for those big matches...usually for Iowa or Ohio state. That crowd will usually have the smell of chainsaw oil, chewing tobacco spit in a Pepsi bottle and cat pi$$ permeating from the kerosene heaters. Carver Hawkeye is a MUCH better environment for wrestling matches and it is worth the drive. PS>... CARVER ICE CREAM CONES ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there anywhere to watch the replay of this dual? I was only able to catch a couple matches as I was very busy on Sunday ☹️

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT