ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa WBB Class of 2026 Recruiting Thread

We havent ‘got’ anybody! In todays world NIL will inevitably invade wbb also. Deal ending up a Hawkeye is no done deal. Nor is any other coveted recruit. Transferring willy nilly will kill collegiate sports.

Well said. It is well documented how many Frontline players that Lisa has lost since the Supreme Court created this mess that makes it so we have no chance compete

Seeing the Kentucky offer announcement, I'm not totally convinced Maddyn will be a Hawk. If Skinner, would commit, and that is a big If, then we would have Guyton at PG also. Recruiting is interesting to me, always intriguing seeing how the dominos fall. Women's recruiting has been more interesting lately because it seams Jan and the coaches provide more information about young guns. Fran keeps everything close to the vest, not sure why. He loses most of the top recruits he goes after anyway.

Last edited:
Seeing the Kentucky offer announcement, I'm not totally convinced Maddyn will be a Hawk. If Skinner, would commit, and that is a big If, then we would have Guyton at PG also. Recruiting is interesting to me, always intriguing seeing how the dominos fall. Women's recruiting has been more interesting lately because it seams Jan and the voaches provide more information about young guns. Fran keeps everything close to the vest, not sure why. He loses most of the top recruits he goes after.
I figure Maddyn is 100% a Hawkeye, but who knows, i think the black and gold runs through her veins along with how well the program has done. No different than a Uconn and Clark affinity, it was just Uconn never showed the love back.

Seeing the Kentucky offer announcement, I'm not totally convinced Maddyn will be a Hawk. If Skinner, would commit, and that is a big If, then we would have Guyton at PG also. Recruiting is interesting to me, always intriguing seeing how the dominos fall. Women's recruiting has been more interesting lately because it seams Jan and the voaches provide more information about young guns. Fran keeps everything close to the vest, not sure why. He loses most of the top recruits he goes after.
IF she isn't a hawk that is going to be a major major blow...

Skinner’s not happening.
Maddyn will be a Hawk

Reactions: Rocket_Fran
Is Kentucky worth worrying about in women's bball? Doesn't seem like it.
Virginia tech’s coach just left for KY (see other threads about Georgia Amoore and the like). I assume she already had a Tech offer. Even if she knows she wants to be a hawk, she has no plans to cut her recruiting journey short. If she's still visiting campuses, she's not 100% a Hawk. Kids change their mind all the time...

Last edited:
Reactions: HIWILLE
She will be a Hawk.

Is Kentucky worth worrying about in women's bball? Doesn't seem like it.
Brooks seems to be agressive in turning the thing around. Is he grabbing what he can with new players, or is he trying to actually assemble a team? Should be very interesting to see how things play out.

Brooks seems to be agressive in turning the thing around. Is he grabbing what he can with new players, or is he trying to actually assemble a team? Should be very interesting to see how things play out.
$$$ can help.

The only thing with doing a mostly "4 guard" lineup is I like to see a number of the guards on the team be in the 6 foot neighborhood to help with defense and rebounds.

Guards are great and Bluder's offense is built on motion. but IMO, Iowa runs up against size and in the NCAAs and size is necessary. Well. talent and size.

When the ball doesn't go in the basket it is necessary to rebound. Speed can do it. Size can do it. Size AND speed will do it.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT