ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa WBB Class of 2026 Recruiting Thread

This is purely speculation, but if Greenway doesn’t commit her junior year it would lead me to believe Iowa doesn’t have as good a shot at her as many thought. This is not to say I would blame her one bit for seeing what’s out there and making sure it’s the right decision for her. But with the recruiting momentum we have going for us right now, you’d think if Iowa was still her dream school she would commit as a jr since we are in on some other serious talent in her class. Time will tell I guess.

Everytime I look at the the only two jerseys I have displayed in my pool room....a purple 53 and black 18...I do a little prayer that at least one more will join them (and then in a perfect world 3 more after that). I want to have that serious problem of what comes down to make room for a black 30.
Spoiler Alert

Thirty is retired.

Emilia Krstevski seems to be on a mission to get herself in the top 60. She has shared a couple “this girl is a top 60 recruit!!” posts and recently wanted to remind her IG followers of her top offers: Iowa, Ohio State, Purdue, Oklahoma, ASU.

I generally consider OSU to be a good litmus test. If they want her, we could do a lot worse. It’s why I’m so high on Guyton. Even if she was only ranked in the 50s, she had an OSU offer. Krstevski seems very clearly to be friends with Addie Deal so we have that in our pocket at least. I think she’d be a solid addition, esp if we don’t land Hays (‘25). I think we should put her up there with Greenway, Bjorn, Lewis, Koupal as the top 5 targets (for now).

Unless her offer list blows up, we are the best program on her list. However if she wants to boost her stock, that suggests she wants more offers and likely isn’t committing anytime soon.

Also, for those who don’t tune into every single update, some perhaps not great news on the Maddyn Greenway front…

I have been told that Greenway is NOT coming to Iowa. Was told this a while ago and heard it again a week ago from those watching her at Boo Williams. Again, just what I have been told. My source has been pretty good with past info.....

According to @AMAYS this person had the inside scoop on Clark committing to Iowa before it was public knowledge.

Last edited:
I'd hesitate to consider calling any overheard conjecture as "news." Things get taken out of context, sometimes misheard or misrepresented, and passed on. Strong opinions and wrong opinions get amplified quickly. Doesn't matter if someone once heard something right.

This is a big problem with information in 2024. Call it what it is until you hear it from the actual person making the decision. Rumor.

I'd hesitate to consider calling any overheard conjecture as "news." Things get taken out of context, sometimes misheard or misrepresented, and passed on. Strong opinions and wrong opinions get amplified quickly. Doesn't matter if someone once heard something right.

This is a big problem with information in 2024. Call it what it is until you hear it from the actual person making the decision. Rumor.
It may be a rumor but so is everything else we’ve heard on on this board about Greenway. The only legit thing we have to go on is a comment she made in an interview in 8th grade — two years ago. Again, a two year-old comment made by an 8th grader is the only verified info we have.

Every other comment — from people who claim to know her family, to people who have claimed to run into her family in MN, and from people who claim to be well-connected in the MN AAU world — is also just a rumor. Everything beyond that is just wishcasting (and there is a LOT of that on this board regarding MG). Theres no reason to believe any of these comments hold any credence whatsoever.

I’ve said this many times, but it’s entirely probable that at one time, MG did want to go to Iowa. And it’s possible that at one time her family thought so too. But four years is a long, long time for anyone — let alone a high school student — to not change their mind. IDK about you guys but I changed my college choice 3x and then once I got to campus changed my major 6x in two years.

Kids are gonna be kids, and it’s a fools errand to assume we know what they’re thinking…yet a LOT of ppl here are quite sure she is going to be a Hawkeye…

Last edited:
Reactions: citizenHawk
Some other names to watch as the summer AAU circuit continues, combo guard Amayah Garcia & post Cydnee Bryant. Curious to see if it gets past the initial interest stage.

Replace koupal with Lewis
Rather have Koupal. 6ft3 SG who has excellent ball handling skills, a scorer, and a multiple state high jump champ is unique. Instant matchup problem. She has really improved since I saw her play two years ago. Nebraska and Minnesota have her as a top target, would rather see her in black & gold. I’m glad Bluder brought her to CHA with the other older recruits for the OSU game.

If you search this forum by member hawkbuck70, you can find messages dated November 7, 7, and 9, 2019, regarding Clark. hawkbuck70 was right then about Clark.
I am simply conveying what I heard from a person who has been "right on" in the past with information as it pertains to the women's basketball team. To be called a "troll" amongst other things is one reason I don't frequent this board like I once did. Outside of a few informed, appreciative posters are a lot of people I just as soon not engage is some of this nonsense they "contribute" to many of these forums.
As for Greenway, I certainly would be happy if she verballed to Iowa and became a Hawkeye. To clarify or expand on my previous post, my intel is that she has, obviously, plenty of interest and that Iowa is no longer the favorite and those, "in the know", would be surprised if she chose Iowa. With that being said, Iowa, according to my intel, feels that is the case and has in a sense "moved on" (while still watching Greenway) to finding other comparable guards for the future. The Greenway family is and continues to be huge Hawkeye fans. The intel I have received says it would be a longshot that Greenway chose Iowa while even a few have said she is not going to Iowa. Now, could she lose other opportunities and eventually turn back to Iowa? Sure, that happens all the time in recruiting. Could she in the end choose Iowa and say "it's the place I always wanted to go?" Sure, again, that could certainly occur. I'm just relaying what I consider people connected to this much closer than I am are saying. (With a pretty accurate history)

Rather have Koupal. 6ft3 SG who has excellent ball handling skills, a scorer, and a multiple state high jump champ is unique. Instant matchup problem. She has really improved since I saw her play two years ago. Nebraska and Minnesota have her as a top target, would rather see her in black & gold. I’m glad Bluder brought her to CHA with the other older recruits for the OSU game.

I’ve been watching her IG, she has had some more offers role in but nothing truly impressive yet. GA Tech, Arkansas. Alabama. But that may be where we are.

Also, isn’t Bjorn more of a Wing/Forward than a SG?

Lewis (or Greenway), Koupal, Bjorn, Krstevski would seem to be the class to beat at this point. Some good size and athleticism.

Reactions: Torg
I’ve been watching her IG, she has had some more offers role in but nothing truly impressive yet. GA Tech, Arkansas. Alabama. But that may be where we are.

Also, isn’t Bjorn more of a Wing/Forward than a SG?

Lewis (or Greenway), Koupal, Bjorn, Krstevski would seem to be the class to beat at this point. Some good size and athleticism.
Bjorn would seem to be the ideal version of a stretch 4 offensively. Lewis has work to do on her handle if she's going to play PG. I see her as a 2 primarily with the ability to assist with ball handling as needed. If you watched any of the Boo Williams games, she struggled a bit with on ball pressure. That's why the EYBL is fun to watch. It gives a fairly clear picture of what players need to work on.

I am simply conveying what I heard from a person who has been "right on" in the past with information as it pertains to the women's basketball team. To be called a "troll" amongst other things is one reason I don't frequent this board like I once did. Outside of a few informed, appreciative posters are a lot of people I just as soon not engage is some of this nonsense they "contribute" to many of these forums.
As for Greenway, I certainly would be happy if she verballed to Iowa and became a Hawkeye. To clarify or expand on my previous post, my intel is that she has, obviously, plenty of interest and that Iowa is no longer the favorite and those, "in the know", would be surprised if she chose Iowa. With that being said, Iowa, according to my intel, feels that is the case and has in a sense "moved on" (while still watching Greenway) to finding other comparable guards for the future. The Greenway family is and continues to be huge Hawkeye fans. The intel I have received says it would be a longshot that Greenway chose Iowa while even a few have said she is not going to Iowa. Now, could she lose other opportunities and eventually turn back to Iowa? Sure, that happens all the time in recruiting. Could she in the end choose Iowa and say "it's the place I always wanted to go?" Sure, again, that could certainly occur. I'm just relaying what I consider people connected to this much closer than I am are saying. (With a pretty accurate history)
Well then tell all these elite schools that aren't Iowa that are offering her more than Iowa to f*** off (at least until we win a national championship). That includes UConn, Stanford, Notre Dame, and any other school you wanna fill in the blanks with.

Thanks in advance! :D

Bjorn would seem to be the ideal version of a stretch 4 offensively. Lewis has work to do on her handle if she's going to play PG. I see her as a 2 primarily with the ability to assist with ball handling as needed. If you watched any of the Boo Williams games, she struggled a bit with on ball pressure. That's why the EYBL is fun to watch. It gives a fairly clear picture of what players need to work on.
Who's your top pick for the 2? Lewis, Koupal, or another player?

Parrish was a Top 25 recruit / McDonald's AA. Do you think Koupal has the same skills?
Only watched a little of her film back when she visited and remembered her playing vs a lot of shorter girls. Plan on doing some more 'homework' when I have time; TBH kinda forgot about her after the visit.

Reactions: shikreto
After watching Yarden Garzon and Sydney Parrish over at Indiana be enormous thorns in our side when they're shooting well, Koupal's size is attractive.
Koupal fits Bluder’s style IMO. She runs well, hits the boards, a high jumper, good ball handler, the kind of player who could snag a RB and lead a transition fast break then dish or take it all the way to the hoop. Versatile - could easily slide into the Forward position or even play PG in a pinch.

She comes from a BB family of players and coaches, mom is a SD legend and still holds SD career scoring record. Solid.

Well then tell all these elite schools that aren't Iowa that are offering her more than Iowa to f*** off (at least until we win a national championship). That includes UConn, Stanford, Notre Dame, and any other school you wanna fill in the blanks with.

Thanks in advance! :D
You know, as soon as I saw her with the fake eyelashes, I knew Iowa's not the favorite anymore.

;)

Wait til people find out Addie Deal likes to wear a sleeve on her leg!
farley-fat.gif

Reactions: UpstreamHawkeye
I hope people understand that when players commit to other schools, it doesn't mean they will never be Hawkeyes. In this era it's an ongoing possibility down the road. Disappointing, sure, but wish them luck anyway and let them wonder what could have been, and still could be.

Surprisingly little video immediately available on Ashlyn.

Initial thoughts: 1) Great coordination for a 6'3" sophomore.
2) Gets her shot off relatively quickly.
3) Someone needs to tell her she has a left hand.

A lot to like....I'm a fan.

So who does she have offers from right now?

FYI, a review of Hawkbuck's past intel includes the following accurate predictions:

1) Kylie Feuerbach was transfering to Iowa
2) Callie Levin would commit to Iowa
3) Journey Houston would commit to Iowa
4) Sahara Williams was likely to commit to Oklahoma
5) Britt Prince was likely to commit to UNL
6) Megan Meyer would transfer out
7) McCabe would commit to Iowa
8) Clark was going to commit to Notre Dame, then was decommitting and would commit to Iowa
9) Grace Berg would commit to Drake
10) Shateah Wettering would commit to Iowa

They do not claim to be a mover and shaker, but to have an accurate source. The people saying that he "only know things about All Iowa Attack" aren't giving him enough credit. My guess is he hears lots of intel/rumors but only shares what he deems credible. He said he had heard the Greenway intel awhile ago but didn't share it til he heard it AGAIN recently -- from multiple sources. That sounds like due diligence to me, as far as message board rumors go.

It may be that most of it has to do with AIA, but the AAU world is small. If the same source(s) gave him this info, I don't see why all of a sudden it's unlikely to be accurate. I don't see a single piece of intel/prediction that didn't pan out in his post history...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT