ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Women's Wrestling

King has multiple weights with women in the top 8. Seems fertile for a few transfers who want to be a part of Iowa's first team. King has a rich tradition, so perhaps I'm underestimating it's ability to retain their roster?

I don't know how women's scoring works. Perhaps they can have multiple scorers?

King has multiple weights with women in the top 8. Seems fertile for a few transfers who want to be a part of Iowa's first team. King has a rich tradition, so perhaps I'm underestimating it's ability to retain their roster?

I don't know how women's scoring works. Perhaps they can have multiple scorers?
In the long run, I don't believe that King can't compete with a D1 school like Iowa, but they may have a few more years of being a top contender. It takes a while to build a program.

Iowa has the advantage of many more educational opportunities than a school like King. Also, young women will want to be around a hotbed of wrestling like Iowa, with a thriving RTC like the HWC.
Go Hawks!

Awesome recruiting weekend for the women’s program! Love the momentum.
Chun is on fire that's for sure. I just read somewhere that originally she was supposed to start working in her role as head coach on February 7th, but she started a month earlier for recruiting purposes. So in 4 weeks of worth of work, she's landed three of the nation's top 20 pfp recruits of class '22, and has hosted about 10 other blue chippers.

Does anyone know if she had any other recruits on officials this weekend? I have been assuming every home dual is a perfect opportunity to host officials, but I hadn't seen anything about recruits visiting this past weekend.

I know they are getting sold that they will wrestle in Carver but I think them having the meets at Coralville would be cool. If they are wrestling on their own it is gonna be hard to fill Carver and that area is really picking up.

Reactions: el dub
I know they are getting sold that they will wrestle in Carver but I think them having the meets at Coralville would be cool. If they are wrestling on their own it is gonna be hard to fill Carver and that area is really picking up.
Not to take the women's team out of Carver, but I could also see having some exciting duals at the new facility in Coralville, too. Might also be a great place for a small tourney or a women's quad.

I still think that having men's and women's duals back-to-back in Carver would be best for the first year. We want to host women's teams like King and Oklahoma City at Carver to show them what happens when you take on Hawkeye Nation. :)

I got laughed at hysterically by quite a few posters but I still stand by my original statement: I think the day will come where up to 10,000 fill Carver to watch these girls wrestle.

There will be a boatload of little girls aged 8-16 already interested and dreaming of wrestling for the Hawkeyes one day.

THE HERMENATOR

I got laughed at hysterically by quite a few posters but I still stand by my original statement: I think the day will come where up to 10,000 fill Carver to watch these girls wrestle.

There will be a boatload of little girls aged 8-16 already interested and dreaming of wrestling for the Hawkeyes one day.

THE HERMENATOR
I like what you're saying here. I think with a little extra visibility in their first season, the women could generate a pretty solid fan base to build on. They will hopefully be competing for national titles right out of the gate, especially if they can land a few more of the studs Chun has had on officials, such as Bruntil, the Blades sisters, Gomez and a few others. At some point, CC will start in on the 23 class, but hopefully she announces some of the rest of her staff before then. She's going to need some help!

Reactions: grapplefann
Want to take some medicine here. They’re a strong ASU lean at this point. It’s not over, but everything I heard during and after the visit lead me to believe it was a lock. Fingers still crossed!
Who/what is the draw to ASU? I know about their RTC, but is there a person or people there that makes ASU more appealing to them?

They must be getting ready to announce their D1 women’s team at ASU if this is true. Plus if Welker and Kennedy are at the same weight moving forward then that’s gonna be an issue.

They must be getting ready to announce their D1 women’s team at ASU if this is true. Plus if Welker and Kennedy are at the same weight moving forward then that’s gonna be an issue.
Not necessarily with ASU and a D1 team. The RTC can fund them and if they choose to attend classes while they are at it so be it. Although I'm sure they would be pretty tough if they went that route given the geographic location and Sunkist resources already there.

It appears that they are a package deal? The way the announcement read, seems like it, but I never want to assume that siblings always want to go to the same place.

Not necessarily with ASU and a D1 team. The RTC can fund them and if they choose to attend classes while they are at it so be it. Although I'm sure they would be pretty tough if they went that route given the geographic location and Sunkist resources already there.
I don’t disagree , I can see ASU being the next big school to do it and Mark would almost certainly be the head coach. I would imagine most of these girls want to be part off an NCAA team atmosphere now because they can.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT