ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Women's Wrestling

Who is who in this photo, would poster identify the wrestlers. Photos are not up on the University of Iowa website (yet).

Not the original tweet author(that's UNI coach Roper's wife), but here goes:

front row, L to R:

Coach Chun, Bella Mir, TJ Bingham, Reese Larramendy, Ella Schmit, Kylie Welker, Anayka Besco, Coach Mayaab

Back row L to R:

guessing Mike Doughty but could be wrong there, Esther Han, Gonzalez twins(cant tell which is which yet sorry), Sterling Dias, Nyla Valencia, some dude that wrestled for Iowa State, Ava Bayless, Felicity Taylor, Sam Calkins, Nanea Estrella, Rebecca Roper, Jim Miller

Not the original tweet author(that's UNI coach Roper's wife), but here goes:

front row, L to R:

Coach Chun, Bella Mir, TJ Bingham, Reese Larramendy, Ella Schmit, Kylie Welker, Anayka Besco, Coach Mayaab

Back row L to R:

guessing Mike Doughty but could be wrong there, Esther Han, Gonzalez twins(cant tell which is which yet sorry), Sterling Dias, Nyla Valencia, some dude that wrestled for Iowa State, Ava Bayless, Felicity Taylor, Sam Calkins, Nanea Estrella, Rebecca Roper, Jim Miller
Thanks! Some guy who wrestled at Iowa State; big laugh(!). Thanks again

Based on a couple Instagram postings, it appears Women’s Wrestling had several Class of 2023 recruits in over the weekend.
This may not be a complete list but it includes 4 of the 5 juniors on USA Wrestling’s 2021-22 Top 25 PFP.

Shelby Moore #5 PFP #1 127
Destiny Rodriguez #11 PFP #1 152
Elena Aivaldi #22 PFP #2 117
Maddie Kubicki #24 PFP #3 144
Alivia White #2 180
Taylor Fierbach-Graveman #10 138
Lily Luft #17 132

Based on a couple Instagram postings, it appears Women’s Wrestling had several Class of 2023 recruits in over the weekend.
This may not be a complete list but it includes 4 of the 5 juniors on USA Wrestling’s 2021-22 Top 25 PFP.

Alivia White #2 180
Lily Luft #17 132

Rodriguez would be a fantastic addition. Not only a highly skilled wrestler, but a perfect fit as there is currently no true 155# on the roster. Really hope she commits.

Moore is a stud. Any time you add a top pfp is a good thing, so I would be pumped if she commits. But Iowa is already loaded at the lighter weights so it's not as impactful if she chooses to go elsewhere.

Don't know Luft personally so I could be very wrong here, but I have always assumed she was a lock to become a Hawkeye.

Reactions: natchrlman
Shoutout to Lily Luft. Finished 2nd at Super 32's. Lost 6-4 in the finals to Dillard(#3 nationally). Luft(#14) knocked off #6 in the semis.

Also, not a Hawkeye commit, but Skylar Slade had a hell of a tournament. Beat 3 top 10s, including a #1 en route to the title at 148.

Alivia White #2 180
Lily Luft #17 132

Interesting that every single one of those girls have moved up in the rankings since then'

Shelby Moore #5 PFP #1 127 --------_> #2 PFP
Destiny Rodriguez #11 PFP #1 152 --> #3 PFP
Elena Aivaldi #22 PFP #2 117 ---------> #7 PFP #1 117
Maddie Kubicki #24 PFP #3 144 ----> #2 144 (dropped PFP)
Alivia White #2 180 ---------------------> #23 PFP
Taylor Fierbach-Graveman #10 138 -> #5 132
Lily Luft #17 132 --------------------------> #14 132

Reactions: natchrlman
Anyone have any idea on what they tournament they might compete in next?

Anyone have any idea on what they tournament they might compete in next?

Cody Goodwin listed some dates that they may attend(full article below)

• Dec. 11 – North Central College Invitational in Naperville, IL
  • Dec. 29-30 – Soldier Salute in Coralville
  • Feb. 4, 2023 – Grand View Open in Des Moines
  • Feb. 5 – Bearcat Open in Lebanon, IL
  • Feb. 12 – Midland Warrior Open in Fremont, NE

so wrestling unattached is everything on their own dime? I was also wondering the other day if they were on scholarship yet?

Tried to attach a pic to this, but technology is not my friend.... I had the honor of officiating the first ever HAWKEYE WOMENS wrestling match (albeit unattached). Felicity Taylor was the first Hawkeye on the mat, Friday, at the Missouri Valley Open... From a 90's room guy Hawkeye, to officiating the women's first match ever....kinda cool 🤷‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT