ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa wrestle-off pairings

Stickley vs Perez, winner to face an opponent to be announced.. interesting. Friday will have some good matches in Murin vs. Turk, Glosser vs. Lugo, Cook vs. Wilcke and Warner vs. Holloway. Not sure they will all be close but they will tell us where the new guys stand.

Love seeing Stickley at 125. Wish Murin was at 133. No Duggan? No Bull? Love seeing Holloway at 197. Love seeing Stoll at the wrestle off. Person to be named later at 125?!?!?. LEE!!!!!?
No Lee. Think there is talk that Laux is the guy at 33 and Murin will red shirt now, have to wait and see how things play out. Only thing I can think of at 25 is if someone is trying to make weight....otherwise have no idea.

He looked really good this summer at junior trials down at 60kg and there wasent much separation between he and Carton last year. Glynn just couldn't get out from bottom very well. Hopefully he has worked on that.

I just said you’re in the minority. Not saying it isn’t possible.

The Bull is nursing a knee issue.

Biggest revelations are Stickley at 125 and Holloway at 197. Stickley is a much better option than Perez2 at 125.

I had hoped that Holloway would try to make 97. He could be a handful at that weight if the cut isn't too rough. It also means Stoll is healthy.

Reactions: edquinn06
I had hoped that Holloway would try to make 97. He could be a handful at that weight if the cut isn't too rough. It also means Stoll is healthy.
Now I kinda wish Warner wasn't in the wrestle off. I fully expect Warner to beat both Holloway and then Wilcke. Which means we won't get to see Holloway vs Wilcke and that's the match I would like to see and find out who might man 197 this year. Even if Warner wins I feel his RS will stay on no matter what.

Reactions: Hawkeye197
where would one park for this since it's at 3 in the afternoon...are the lots still monitored with permits? TIA

Gunther wins the wrestle off, Young earns the starting job after Midlands, IMHO.

I agree with you that Gunther will have every chance to win the spot but Tom will pick the guy with the most upside/activity and offense. Similar to Ramos vs Ty Clark back in the day. If Gunther wins he better show more than a 3-2 hold off. A win like that wont be a real win in Brands mind.

BB, With all due respect it has to be Spencer at 125. Even if you have connections, Brands may be playing this closer to the vest for the surprise factor.. Or... its some crazy cut. Its not Glynn as he is already set for Sat 10am. Anyone find it odd Happel isn't scheduled for a 10am on sat?

Give me Laux, Turk, and Warner in the others. I realize Warner is fresh fish but at some point Marion's talent started beating LeClare too.

I agree with you that Gunther will have every chance to win the spot but Tom will pick the guy with the most upside/activity and offense. Similar to Ramos vs Ty Clark back in the day. If Gunther wins he better show more than a 3-2 hold off. A win like that wont be a real win in Brands mind.

BB, With all due respect it has to be Spencer at 125. Even if you have connections, Brands may be playing this closer to the vest for the surprise factor.. Or... its some crazy cut. Its not Glynn as he is already set for Sat 10am. Anyone find it odd Happel isn't scheduled for a 10am on sat?

Give me Laux, Turk, and Warner in the others. I realize Warner is fresh fish but at some point Marion's talent started beating LeClare too.

Maybe Duggan cut off his leg and is going down to 125.. or maybe it is Lee.

I respectfully disagree. I think Young is hungry and ready to show off his arsenal. I think he wins by two to three takedowns

Agreed! I think Young will be this year’s biggest surprise. The kid gets better every year. Prediction 7-3 Young. Also follow his dad on twitter - Mr Young post some great motivational material.

I respectfully disagree. I think Young is hungry and ready to show off his arsenal. I think he wins by two to three takedowns

No offense taken at all.. These 2 scrap hard at practice and know what each other has to offer... If it's more than a 2 point victory either way many folks close to the situation will be shocked. Gunther would be wise to let some offense fly, results be damned... Have to think it'd mean a lot to the staff if Joey goes out let's it fly, win or lose.

I very well could be, but I think too many folks are selling Cash short... Wilcke is a stud and still making crazy gains.
If Wilke has made significant gains and is a top 4-5 guy this year, it will make me feel much better if Warner can't beat him. Even with that, I'd expect Warner to be very close with him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT