ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa wrestle-off pairings

Could you go into a little more detail?
d9fb8cebb8d78ff58f36fb963cf2b72a.jpg

I like both of those results...it means a significant upgrade at 125, and hopefully that both Turk and Murin are tough as nails but in any event that Murin's not a dud.

I like both of those results...it means a significant upgrade at 125, and hopefully that both Turk and Murin are tough as nails but in any event that Murin's not a dud.

The win was by a stall point in OT, but Turk was going to finish the shot anyways.

So Mark Hall is a more highly ranked recruit and lost to a meh wrestler from Eastern Michigan(?) early last year and Alex Meyer mid year but still be a stud that won a title as a true frosh but Jacob Warner should be held to a different standard and better hit the ground running or he’s not very good.

Spare me.
So Hall wins a Title and he didn't hit the ground running because he lost 2 matches? LOL! Spare me is right.

Reactions: rossel 33 and Gink
So Hall wins a Title and he didn't hit the ground running because he lost 2 matches? LOL! Spare me is right.

You think losing to a non-AA early in his true frosh season was “hitting the ground running”? Are you actually going to explain to us why it would be so bad if Warner lost in the wrestle off but it wasn’t bad for hall losing early last season?

Reactions: Huck
You think losing to a non-AA early in his true frosh season was “hitting the ground running”? Are you actually going to explain to us why it would be so bad if Warner lost in the wrestle off but it wasn’t bad for hall losing early last season?
You're not smart enough to quit when you're clearly behind, but it's great entertainment for me, so keep reaching! LOL!

Warner will lose eventually though, so hang in there and show us your "brilliance" at a later date! LOL!

Indeed. A little over a month into his collegiate career, the reigning Jr World FS champion and true Fr Hall, won the Southern Scuffle in dominating fashion, beating 3 ranked wrestlers. Won the finals against Okla St's #6 ranked Krutchmer 10-3.

Yeah... he was a real nobody when he started.

Indeed. A little over a month into his collegiate career, the reigning Jr World FS champion and true Fr Hall, won the Southern Scuffle in dominating fashion, beating 3 ranked wrestlers. Won the finals against Okla St's #6 ranked Krutchmer 10-3.

Yeah... he was a real nobody when he started.

I like when these plucky guys like Warner and Hall come out of no where to shake the wrestling world up.

Reactions: 24 so far
You're not smart enough to quit when you're clearly behind, but it's great entertainment for me, so keep reaching! LOL!

Warner will lose eventually though, so hang in there and show us your "brilliance" at a later date! LOL!

No brilliance here. Unlike you, I just understand that losing to a solid but unspectacular guy early in the career of a true frosh wouldn’t spell doom.

I agree most do. Top 10 P4Ps shouldn't anymore. They should be ready to step in and compete for high AAs. Two true freshman have made the finals at 197 in the last 5 years. Other true freshman finalists from 174 up in the last 5 years.

If he is who we though he is, I'd expect him to beat Cash. If Cash was an AA and had a great year last year, it'd be different.
Simply not true as a blanket statement. Different kids come in with differing levels of physical development which has little impact on their potential of recruits. It's easy to pick out the real superstars - and you are referencing true superstars with your examples, Snyder - on a trajectory to be the greatest US wrestler ever, Cox - beats Snyder in HS, wins World Bronze still in college, Mark Hall - on a trajectory with above and one of the top junior wrestlers in history.

This does not apply to your top 10pfp. Maybe to your top 1 or top 3 or 4 at most depending on the year. Otherwise, it can be really hit or miss depending on physical maturity. You can reference the other guys and I can come back with Bo Nickal, who is on pace to be a 4x finalist, maybe 3x champ, losing to a guy outside the top 20 midway through his true freshman year; Ed Ruth placing 2nd at both the East Stroudsburg and Shorty Hitchcock (both hosted by D2 schools) and 5th at the NLO his true freshman year, etc., etc, etc.

Turk over Murin, 4-3 in OT
i cant find the post... but when i said that Max Murin would make the 141 finals interesting... i was told it wouldnt be happening...and Murin never did make the finals...but he did wrestle Turk awfully tough and took him to OT and 1 point loss.... I think Old Mad Max may change a few minds in the future...he is a go getter

i cant find the post... but when i said that Max Murin would make the 141 finals interesting... i was told it wouldnt be happening...and Murin never did make the finals...but he did wrestle Turk awfully tough and took him to OT and 1 point loss.... I think Old Mad Max may change a few minds in the future...he is a go getter

Love Murin

No brilliance here. Unlike you, I just understand that losing to a solid but unspectacular guy early in the career of a true frosh wouldn’t spell doom.
You seem to be all over the place. Have you decided on a stopping point yet? That grave ain't gonna dig itself. Keep going.

Reactions: Dagboi
You seem to be all over the place. Have you decided on a stopping point yet? That grave ain't gonna dig itself. Keep going.

Not really, no. Myself and others have stated many examples of why your comment was ridiculous and you haven’t even attempted to defend your claim or address the counter points.

So, once again, why would a loss have meant he was overrated when that didn’t prove to be true so many other times? Are you ever going to answer, even with a “my bad”?

oops.... Hall lost his first match of the season yesterday.

He should take a RS year, he clearly isn't ready. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT